Any 32:9 monitor users trying the triple-screen or projection correction options?

A few months ago I traded in my triple-screen setup for a single 49" 32:9 monitor, and I love it. The downside is that obviously at the edges, the image appears stretched. With the ACC 1.1 release yesterday, just for fun I tried the triple-screen setup options and it works just fine on a single monitor, improving the overall appearance of the image, aside from the creation of three separate render windows.

I also hadn't played with the Projection Correction options in the View Settings menu since getting the 49”, and bumping it up to 1.0 definitely improved the overall immersion on my monitor, with the known tradeoff of reducing the resolution in the middle of the screen. For me the blurriness is too distracting, unfortunately.

Has anyone else with a 32:9 screen tried either of these options? If so, what have you found to be acceptable? I'd love to be able to use one of them, but currently they both have drawbacks strong enough to keep me using the normal single-screen stretched setup.

Last edited:
ive been playing with my 32:9 49 inch monitor, but cant get the fov to look right. one thing I noticed is the mirrors even on epic look awful, also as you said according to the calculators my vfov should be 23, however that puts me on the dashboard and the graphics look bad.ill keep trying.

I use the 49" Samsung ultrawide for a while now. Didn't experience any issues mentioned, due to low pixel density I have accepted how it looks. Got the FOV right (but deviated a tad anyway 18° to 20°). Projection correction on 1.0 to fix the stretched image.
Would love to have a 1440 pixel vertical ultrawide or proper triples, but I have to make do with what I have now (due to various reasons).

Would be interested if triple screen on ultrawide will further improve the situation. @Greg Pugliese do you mind sharing the variables you put into the triple settings for the ultrawide?
Will try the next time when I fire up ACC. Cheers for the tip! :thumbsup:

Projection correction on 1.0 to fix the stretched image.

But you haven't noticed any blurring in the middle of the screen? I'm envious.

Would love to have a 1440 pixel vertical ultrawide or proper triples, but I have to make do with what I have now (due to various reasons).

I too tried a 1080 49" first, but returned it when the vertical space just wasn't enough for me. I have a 1440p model now, the Samsung CRG90, and if do get a chance to upgrade, in my opinion it's absolutely worth it.

@Greg Pugliese do you mind sharing the variables you put into the triple settings for the ultrawide?

Sure. I should note, though, that even in 'normal' mode (i.e. single-screen with no projection correction) I use an FOV of 35 because I like to be able to see the entire dash. I sit about 60cm from my screen, and as it's 49 inches wide, splitting it into 3 screens would make each one roughly 41cm wide; but nonetheless after a little experimentation, I settled on the following in the View Settings screen:

Distance from screen: 500mm
Screen width: 340mm
Bezel width: 0
Side screen angle: 15

I'll do a bit more testing to see if I can get over the visual breaks between the three render windows, because I do really like the way it looks overall compared to the true single-screen option, but I'm not optimistic.

I too tried a 1080 49" first, but returned it when the vertical space just wasn't enough for me. I have a 1440p model now, the Samsung CRG90, and if do get a chance to upgrade, in my opinion it's absolutely worth it.
I could've bought the 1440p model right away. The problem is filling all those pixels with 3D-Data from the game. The higher resolution type has 7K pixels! The 1080p Ultrawide already needs 4K pixels. I didn't want to upgrade the GFX card also at the same time, I'm on a 1070 here.
Coming from home cinema and pixel peeping I didn't want to buy a 1440p monitor and use it with upscaled 1080p signals from the GFX card. I presumed that to be even worse than using a native resolution monitor at higher cost.

I'll do a bit more testing to see if I can get over the visual breaks between the three render windows, because I do really like the way it looks overall compared to the true single-screen option, but I'm not optimistic.
A stupid question maybe, but to be able to really use triple screen on an ultrawide monitor you still need to have 3 cables running from the GFX card to the monitor, right? Did you use 2x HDMI and 1 DP?

I tested the proposed triple screen on my ultrawide with one connecting cable. It seems to be working just fine.
I fiddled with the settings some more and could replicate my single screen setting with projection correction. I couldn't see any difference in picture quality or FPS though. I would think this uses the same software wizardry to achieve both results? :cautious:

Reverted to my old settings for now.

• Deleted member 197115

ive been playing with my 32:9 49 inch monitor, but cant get the fov to look right. one thing I noticed is the mirrors even on epic look awful, also as you said according to the calculators my vfov should be 23, however that puts me on the dashboard and the graphics look bad.ill keep trying.
Just move your seat back

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 200 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing