Antialiasing with Lens Flare solution.

Hi All

First at all thanks for the HQ compilation to GTR 233, etc...

I have been testing during hours the lens flare effect. It work properly if you use Nvidia DSR, but if you are using triple screen or cannot use Nvidia DSR, you must use AA, and my tests determinate that if you activate the compatibility mode with Diablo III in Nvidia Profiler Inspector (also works with Everquest, Warmonger, Assassin´s Creed,...) AA works, but if you mark "override any aplication settings" the lens flare doesnt show the sun rays, simply shows a circle in the sky. So:

1- "Override any app settings" + Diablo III = AA works but there´s no lens flare.
2-"Enhace the app settings" (with them deactivated) + Diablo III = AA doesn´t work but lens flare works.
3- "Enhace the app settings" (gtlconfig antialiasing on level 1) + Enhace the app settings (in profile inspector) + Diablo III compatibility = AA works and lens flare works.

BTW, I recomend to you using a combined AA (multisampling + supersampling), for example 8xS (Combined: 1x2 SS + 4x MS)

Hope it helps

byAGM
www.youtube.com/BallestaRacing

Hi All

First at all thanks for the HQ compilation to GTR 233, etc...

I have been testing during hours the lens flare effect. It work properly if you use Nvidia DSR, but if you are using triple screen or cannot use Nvidia DSR, you must use AA, and my tests determinate that if you activate the compatibility mode with Diablo III in Nvidia Profiler Inspector (also works with Everquest, Warmonger, Assassin´s Creed,...) AA works, but if you mark "override any aplication settings" the lens flare doesnt show the sun rays, simply shows a circle in the sky. So:

1- "Override any app settings" + Diablo III = AA works but there´s no lens flare.
2-"Enhace the app settings" (with them deactivated) + Diablo III = AA doesn´t work but lens flare works.
3- "Enhace the app settings" (gtlconfig antialiasing on level 1) + Enhace the app settings (in profile inspector) + Diablo III compatibility = AA works and lens flare works.

BTW, I recomend to you using a combined AA (multisampling + supersampling), for example 8xS (Combined: 1x2 SS + 4x MS)

GTR233 sent me over here as I had a weird thing where Admin/Compat was giving me bad AA or maybe no AA I couldn't tell while it was obvious that the Steam GTR2.exe that does not use Admin/Compat was getting good AA. It was totally noticeable.

On the GTR2 I could use Override in the NVIDIA Profile Inspector but in GTL I had to use Enhance set Level 4 AA in GTLConfig.exe.

Here's my GTR2 NVIDIA profile (AA disabled in GTR2Config.exe):

1635442016215.png

Here's my GT Legends NVIDIA profile (AA Level 4 in GTLConfig.exe):

1635441949693.png

Attachments

• GTR2 NVIDIA Profile 211028.nip.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 85
  • GTL NVIDIA Profile 211028.nip.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 91

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year