Another Wreckfest Hotfix Released Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest Update - July 5th.jpg

Another new hotfix update has been released for Wreckfest today. Check out the changelog to see what's been fixed / improved and added.

In something of an influx of updates of late, Bugbear Entertainment have deployed yet another new build to their Next Car Game Wreckfest title, adding UI improvements, vehicle and track fixes and a 'critical' server side repair.

Following the latest big build update released earlier this month, Bugbear have been dealing with a number of unexpected issues with the software and have worked hard at releasing regular hotfix updates for the game.

In today's latest release, the second such hotfix since June 27th, Bugbear have managed to both repair the annoying server crash issue as well as adding a number of new fixes and features to the title, which can be seen in full below.

Technical / UI
  • Dedicated server no longer crashes randomly.
  • In Lobby, server name and server message are now displayed correctly and updated appropriately in the Options tab.
  • Admin can no longer get stuck in the Options tab when the race countdown reaches 10s.
  • Leaderboards and Spectate buttons now work on game controllers when waiting for others to finish the race.
  • In multiplayer, the rewards popup no longer flashes on the screen when loading the next track.
  • In Lobby, ESC icon now has the correct description “Game Menu”.
  • In the Leaderboards screen, the tab highlight now works correctly.
  • In the Quick Race menu, it’s now possible to rotate the camera when selecting the car.
  • In the Quick Race menu, AI Class now changes correctly even after changing car and AI Set repeatedly.
  • In the Quick Race menu, when returning to the Track tab the view now correctly centers to the previously selected track.
  • The game no longer crashes at the race start due to a missing AI Set start after playing a quick race with a custom AI Set from a mod, removing the said mod and then proceeding to a quick race again without manually setting the AI Set.
  • In Photo Mode and Replay, Spherical Camera zoom now works again.
  • In Replay, Play/Pause button now looks correct when toggling state.
Vehicles / AI
  • American 5 cameras now match those of the other cars.
  • American 1 locked differential and American 5 open differential now have correct power distribution.
  • AI players no longer ram each other right after the green light on short tracks.
Tracks
  • Taking the joker shortcut on Mixed 4 no longer results in the position list going haywire – also fixes other similar cases where the alternative route is on the same stretch of the track as the starting grid.
  • Starting grid is now correctly sorted on tracks where the grid is located on an alternative route, Dirt Speedway Figure 8 being the most obvious example.
  • Small Stadium no longer has a mini Borg ship floating above the stadium.
  • Concrete barriers like found on Figure 8 now break up easier when hit.
  • Steel arm-cos on Mixed 4 now have proper collisions.
  • Improved checkpoints on Tarmac 1, Sandpit 1, Sandpit 2, Sandpit 3, Dirt Oval, Mixed 7 to prevent cheating.
  • Fixed obstructed Replay cameras found on Speedway 1 Oval, Sandpit 1, Sandpit 3.
Notes for content creators
  • Direct reference to a scne file is again allowed in the event settings bag file (evse).

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is currently available for Windows PC via the Steam Network. A proposed release to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 is scheduled for sometime during 2017.

Check out the Wreckfest sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Head over to the forum and join the discussion today!

Have you tried the new hotfix update yet? Has the fix repaired most of the outstanding issues? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 217114

Bugbear be like: 'Let's release Wreckfest with no updates in a half year or so.' Then suddenly it goes like boom boom pew pew pew pew 'Here's your daily updates, *********.'

Ahh a studio to my heart :inlove: if only they did this years earlier. Then we had two awesome early acceses: Dirt Rally and Wreckfest.

I must say that I am really enjoying Wreckfest at the moment...have not tried this latest Hotfix though....the cars behave quite good and I am able to control a sideways slide when pulling on the handbrake and the manual H-Pattern gear changing is very good and snappy. Audio is fantastic and graphics are getting there so for me personally this is a keeper on my Sim list...keep up the good work Bugbear.

really don't understand why it supports an H-pattern shifter but not a clutch pedal.
I would wanna know that also that why still there isn't support for the clutch, pretty obvious this need's it, works without it yes but... Yeah. There was a lot of talk about this long long time a go but they wasn't sure does the game need it, or something like that?! I don't understand this part neither... :thumbsdown:

Better a long time in Early Access than a shoddy release as far as I'm concerned. Early Access means expectations are managed. Those who release unfinished games claiming to be feature complete at full price and then patch over the next year cause a great deal of frustration.

I like this game, it is the game for this generation that actually rewards the psychotic behaviour we too often see in the public lobbies of the more serious racing games - the Forza Lobby if you like, though the public lobbies in games like Assetto Corsa are little different (sure PC is better with Minorating etc).

I enjoy the odd blast on this now but I can see it being a much bigger success on the consoles once it has a decent career mode with more unlockable parts and a sense of progression. The online racing will be as crazy as ever. A bit of fun in the river of serious racing games.

Bugbear be like: 'Let's release Wreckfest with no updates in a half year or so.' Then suddenly it goes like boom boom pew pew pew pew 'Here's your daily updates, *********.
Their response to that came late (too late) but we were informed what happened:
They switched physics engine and bound every following update to that new engine, but things don't always go as planned in development and multiple problems kept them from releasing the new physics engine and coupled with it any other update.

They release regular updates before the engine switch and they kept releasing regular updates after they finally were able to switch - so nothing really new in that department.
Their only mistake was waiting months before informing the community (which has turned very hostile at that moment) about the reasoning behind missing updates.

A perfect example why you should always keep your community informed.

Bugbear be like: 'Let's release Wreckfest with no updates in a half year or so.' Then suddenly it goes like boom boom pew pew pew pew 'Here's your daily updates, *********.'

Ahh a studio to my heart :inlove: if only they did this years earlier. Then we had two awesome early acceses: Dirt Rally and Wreckfest.

I notice they update when ever Steam has it season sales. Creates the appearance it gets updated. :/ I suppose to encourage new buyers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back