GT5 Another update coming out near christmas

Stuart Pocock

I'M BACK... Again :)
According Kaz's twitter account, there will be an update coming near christmas. As usual PD are keeping tight lipped so we have no idea what will be in the update, with some luck it will sort out it's extremely annoying connection issues. Any thoughts??

Cars and tracks are now the domain of paid DLCs, not updates. That much was made clear some time ago by Kaz, also on Twitter.

Other than that, I have no thoughts because most of the previous updates have been almost random in what they add and/or fix. Half of them have even broken things so I'm not exactly that eager to install any new patches.

As for the connection problems, maybe I'm wrong but I think they will be a permanent feature of GT5. The way the game does online, particularly in private lobbies, is abysmal and it would take a hell of an update to completely change it. Spec 2.0 would have been the ideal time, but unless we get another massive update like that I don't think we'll ever see any improvement.

Maybe not, but many people do. That is the only way we are going to get the significant number of new tracks the game badly needs, because PD are not going to do it for free. Updates are for fixes and features, DLCs are for content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back