Another "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object." error message.

I've been getting this a few times recently. I made it go away by deleting all objects* and exporting (overwriting everything and clearing the folder). Then, without saving, I reloaded my project and was able to export again.

*I only had a few cones, and I didn't delete any SObjects or Walls etc.

I've had this happen a few times, and it's (almost?) always when i've updated an object, say a building that i've already had in the track. eg, "house_01" is already in the track in its own xpack. The i make a better version of house_01 called house_02 and i import that in it's own xpack, delete house_01 and get the error when i try to export. I save, create new circuit, load old (current) circuit, export. So for my version of the problem atleast, it seems it just needs to reload the track.

that error appears when you delete something from xpacks, so don´t make any changes on your Xpacks if you are working on a main proyect.

import Xpacks to BTB proyects should not be taken lightly.

It happened to me again. I'd made a tree (stolen from Essington) and put it in it's own XPack, and placed it at the side of my track. I'd also saved the project and exported to rFactor. I then deleted the tree and unloaded the XPack, and tried to export again. I removed the error by reloading the XPack, without putting the tree back, and exporting again. Then I unloaded the XPack again, and this time it would let me export.

It happens to me any time I uncheck unwanted xpacks (from the list) while working with BTB - on an attempt to export. I mean after removing all objects from these xpack(s) from the project. I think saving the project before exit does not destroy anything. Then, when I restart the program, load (saved) project and export, everything works again.
The bigger problem for me is a number of undo operations, which is exactly 1 ;) Before undo, my machine thinks around 30 seconds, and after next try (of undo) thinks 1 minute and BTB crashes, leaving oportunity to save changes. Well, I did it once and completely lost the venue - it was empty afterwards! So, for me the best idea is to save often and make many versions of the same project. Nothing serious or boring, just to keep in mind that kind of things can happen.

Was redirected here (thanks Chub) as had a similar situation last night.

To these suggestions....
1) "I save, create new circuit, load old (current) circuit, export. So for my version of the problem atleast, it seems it just needs to reload the track..."

2) "...i saved x'd out of BTB open BTB bak up and loaded trk and xpacks i was using exported out fine."

If I'm understanding correctly. Open BTB. At the 4 way split screen create a new track. Import the last full file of the track from the BTB My Projects Folder(?). Import all the Xpacks. Save. And Export?

Is that correct?
I hope so.

Thank you!

Thanks!

Have spent hours trying to figure the issue out. I still cannot export without getting this message. I checked all my xpacks. Made sure all the objects are correct as before. Is it possible to run a scan to find out which object is causing the issue? Ireally need a hand here. Am at my wits end! I even tried making a new track off the same google earth file and dropping all the xpacks in and trying to load under another name... Very frustrating. Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back