Another Noob, please be nice! Advice please

Hi guys and thanks for reading this post, im sure you have seen this question a million times.

Im 50hrs in on Assetto Corsa and am still just enjoying the experience at the moment, have come over from Project Cars (300+hrs) and finally seen the light. Could some one point me in the right direction for base tunes or complete setups that are current to latest update. I see plenty around from 2014-2015 but nothing recent?

Im using a Thrustmaster TX with pedals and shifter with an Oculus Rift. I also use the RSS dash app setup using multiple tablets, although pretty pointless when using the rift but still looks cool to those watching! Im also fairly new to the mod scene but slowly working my way through the available downloads and learning where to install new tracks/cars etc.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated

check out setup market app, it lets you download setups in game. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-setup-market.10149/

as a fellow rift/vr user this app helps immensely because i'm sure you get sick of taking your headset on and off to mess with AC menus. as for baselines i'm not much help as i usually just rely on my general knowledge of setup theory or whatever. usually i'll download 3-4 setups if i can and try them all briefly for a few laps and if one is obviously better i'll delete the others and start my own based on that initial setup.

helicorsa is a good app if you're into multiplayer, you can do a search for best AC apps and get some other good suggestions.

while it's not my favored or favorite sim by far, i'm starting to get the hang of it after a few weeks. we have good regular informal races here, you should check them out in the AC club + league forum. the minimal yearly fee is well worth it as this is a great group of people - helpful and fun to race with.

i would recommend spending some time with your FFB settings as it makes a large difference for road feel with this game.

thanks for the advice Bloozmahn, much appreciated. i was able to find some good advice regarding FFB and the changes i have made, made an instant impact.

just downloading that app now for setups and have now had some time to go through some of the posts on here for other advice and downloads etc.

What cars are you into? One thing to remember is that you need to be very consistent in your lap times to really dial in setups. Keep an eye on your tire temps at all times. If the tires are cold decrease pressure if they are running hot increase pressure. Adjust gearing so that your are maxed out in top gear near the end of the longest straight on the circuit. With suspension adjust springs and arbs to start with and then move to dampers for the fine tuning. Depending on the car aero has a big impact, tracks like brands hatch you run aero high, tracks like monza you run it as low as you feel comfortable. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years