Featured Another New KartKraft Update Deployed

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,437
    KartKraft Updated.jpg
    Black Delta have certainly been busy since releasing Early Access title KartKraft, the young Australian developers having deployed another update to the sim.

Released earlier today, build 0.1.0.1420 is yet another substantial update to the karting simulation, and comes fresh off the back of the last big build release on Monday, giving fans some considerable confidence that developers Black Delta are indeed serious about delivering on the obvious potential displayed by the game to date.

Although sizable in terms of the number of items addressed, the latest build is more focussed on bug fixing and refinements this time around, with the developers addressing several issues detected by the community since release, whilst continuing to work in the background to bring new and improved features and content to flesh out the currently sparse gaming experience.

Build 0.1.0.1420 Update Notes:

Fixes:
    • Freeze/Fatal error when uploading winning times in Leaderboard mode
    • Fixed crash when crossing the start/finish line in Leaderboard mode
    • Fixed cutting exploit by invalidating laps when travelling backwards.
    • Fixed non-descriptive error when Steam/GameSparks fails to load
    • Removed development option to enable AI control by pressing 'C'
    • When resetting your account, saved UE4 data is also reset.
    • Flying lap now hides laptime/count on HUD until crossing the start/finish line for the first time
    • Fixed rewind function in replay.
    • Replay timeline now fits within monitor safe region
    • Game version now added to log
    • Input diagnostic now works in game and menu
    • Reduced menu navigation sensitivity (Not perfect, will be improved in future update)
    • Fixed collision on CRG, Praga, Sodi chassis
    • Removed "Gained an advantage" from track cutting lap invalidation message.
    • Fixed bug causing some players to receive an achievement for reaching level 0
    New Features:
    • Added notification when driving backwards
    • Exposed bindings for Next/Previous Page to make navigating the menus easier
    • Added more debug text to track down errors/crashes more quickly
    • Added Leaderboard/ghost kart volume control in preferences
    • Added highlight of friends in Leaderboards. (Colours to be changed in future update)

KartKraft is available for PC on Steam Early Access now.

Want to keep up with the latest KartKraft news and chat about the title with your fellow sim racers? Head over to the KartKraft sub forum and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Never want to miss the latest real and virtual racing news and discussions? Follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Impressed with the rate of updates for the sim? How are you finding KartKraft so far? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Jorge Cabrita

Jorge Cabrita

Ratings:
    +10
    The biggest flop of my life!

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  3. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +483
    They've gone from nonchalant to conscientious overnight.
    Hopefully they will make this a great kart sim. Just want some of the top UK tracks in this title and a solid online mode...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WallyTP

WallyTP

Ratings:
    +9
    triple screen support? no?

• Like Like x 2
  5. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +130
    I am considering purchasing this Kart title I have one reservation and I haven't read anyone commenting about; does it drive OK with gamepad?

I drive with XBox One controller, which has served me well with all my racing sim major titles (7).

Edit: Bugger it. I took the plunge and bought it. Woooohoooooooooooo what a game. It seem made for a gamepad and its only "Early Access". I couldn't be happier (fps avge approx 110 - ACC please note - yes it is Unreal 4 engine).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium

Ratings:
    +872
    Join KK Discord channel. Developers and moderators are there practically 24/7 and they are very helpful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +219
    Here, take one of these, it should do the job.
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fabri

Fabri

Ratings:
    +3
    Taken last night and in my opinion is a great experience. I feel the real sensation that remember me on real trak and cart. Can be a great base for a future expansion. Hope in a good AI and some beautiful track like the presents, and wether changeable. Great for me, with a good FF on my wheel

9. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +263
    You are perfect, or did not do much in life yet, if this is your biggest flop. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +247
    Bought in this very moment the CDKey for 15,08€
    I'm stuck with the joypad, so let's hope it will be worth it! :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +130
    I can say, for me, it is great with my gamepad. I couldnt be happier, plus graphics and sound are superb. I am a fan!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Enerjex

Enerjex

Ratings:
    +3
    Gotta say, feels great to me! I'm in Melbourne and have actually raced at Geelong and GKCV and this really brings back memories of the experience. Very happy with FFB and track feel (CSL Elite PS4, 0% filter, 100% FFB level feels great)

13. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +247
    My only issue now is the "stuttering" happening a couple of times per lap during Leaderboard challenge. Basically if the Ghost is ahead of me, it's impossible to improve my laptime as when the 1sec freeze happens, the Ghost is long gone. I'm stuck at 35.5 at Geelong.

14. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +130
    I must be lucky. I haven't struck that problem as yet. But again, I haven't driven it for very long. All my settings are up on Ultra,which were the settings that were shown when first downloaded. I haven't touched any settings at this stage.

Best of luck!!!

• Beer Beer x 1
  15. pcraenme

pcraenme
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    Was not expecting much after reading the first reviews after it came out, but so far I am impressed! Graphic settings maxed out on my GTX 1070 on 3440x1440 resolution and FPS are great and it looks great as well. Much better than ACC on the same graphics engine. Sound is also very good and FFB and physics are ok on my G27. Did not expect this from an early acccess release for this low price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +247
    33.617 my personal best now :D

As it is now, it's impossible to do without the steering assist, otherwise the steering ain't smooth and goes straight 180° left to right and viceversa, which is also visually ugly.
    I'm using my Dualshock2 pad as keyboard with Steam.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.