Another graphics settings thread

Greame Champion

Technomaniac
Hi all,
I have not played assetto for a while but have recently reinstalled, could I get some help to set up please.
I am using content manager but can not get the graphics to look like other sims, the problem is:
1. The view looks hazy, how do I make it clearer? Is it possible to turn of the window screen effect as that may solve it.
2. The white lines at the edge of the tracks look pixelated, can someone give me some settings to try.

Not looking to get to complicated, hopefully can get it looking clearer using default content manager setting.

Many thanks Greame

Content Manager + Shader Patch will address #1, you can remove (most of) the dirt on the windscreen which will make things clearer and there are a load of weather options that could reduce the haziness.

Not sure about #2. The lines in the game look more like they were painted with a rattle can than a brush so they typically don't have perfectly straight edges which can make them look a little pixelated. I think raising AA is typically a solution for this.

AF is one of those settings that should be used sparingly.
I personally have mine set to 4x, since I don't ever see any additional benefit above that.
I usually set AA to between 4x and 8X, no more...for the same reason.
That allows me to turn every other setting to it's maximum and still get massive, 'fluid' frame-rates in every title currently on the market, including ACC.

AF is one of those settings that should be used sparingly.
I personally have mine set to 4x, since I don't ever see any additional benefit above that.
I usually set AA to between 4x and 8X, no more...for the same reason.
That allows me to turn every other setting to it's maximum and still get massive, 'fluid' frame-rates in every title currently on the market, including ACC.

Different experience here. In VR there's a big difference between min AF and max AF, especially with lines on the road/side of the road. And when I cranked AF up to 16x I didn't notice any appreciable performance hit on my 1070, still rock a pretty solid 90fps on all but the most demanding (or poorly optimized) mod tracks.

I did some benches in the past and AF was the one which took nearly no change in FPS. So 16x is the value for me. One thing I checked some day ago was AA. The best picture I got, was with the standard AA, no additional post processing AA, but set to 8x. With the new Shader patch version beyond preview 90 you will get a tremendous boost in fps, so this is now an option to go...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%