F1 2018 Another F1 2018 Patch Released for PC - Console to Follow

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have deployed yet another patch for F1 2018, bringing build 1.09 to PC whilst planning to combine v1.08 and 09 for an upcoming console deployment.

Having now jumped slightly ahead of its console brothers, F1 2018 on PC reached build version 1.09 earlier today thanks to another small update from Codemasters. The new build moves the title two iterations higher than the current console offerings on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, however gamers can console themselves with the news that a new 1.08 / 1.09 combined update is set to drop very soon, potentially as early as the middle of this week.

If you missed the 1.08 update notes, you can catch up again HERE.

Moving on to 1.09, the new build released earlier today is mostly focussed on some minor corrections to the base game experience rather than adding significant new features or content, and as such should really be considered more of a hotfix release rather than a full blown game update.

Key points of interest from the new build are likely to be a potential fix to the stuttering issues found during race replay, and an annoying bug that deals with a mystery Steam naming issue. You can check out the full notes below:

Patch 1.09 (PC) Notes:
  • Times set on this version should no longer overwrite faster times already uploaded to the Leaderboard. Please note that if you’ve already uploaded a slower time to a Leaderboard, we are unable to revert it to your previous faster time.
  • Vehicle Damage should no longer show as Test in a Multiplayer Lobby.
  • Players on Steam should no longer have names shown as Unknown when joining a Lobby in progress.
  • Fixed cars stuttering in Replays.

F1 2018 is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

F1 2018 Update.jpg

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Do you still enjoy the latest F1 game from Codemasters? What are your favourite things from the game? Which areas / bugs would you like to see improved / fixed in future updates? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This years version is the best of the lot. I am truly shocked by how much better it is than last years. The FFB is perfect on my t500rs and the game is buttery smooth with everything on as high as possible graphics wise. Really enjoying it and they can keep on making it better for me. Thank you Codemasters.:thumbsup:

This years version is the best of the lot. I am truly shocked by how much better it is than last years. The FFB is perfect on my t500rs and the game is buttery smooth with everything on as high as possible graphics wise. Really enjoying it and they can keep on making it better for me. Thank you Codemasters.:thumbsup:
Have to agree with you Andy.
I give a game like... 84%, which is pretty high for me.
I don't give a * about multyplayer cause that's mostly just crazy otherwise grade would be lower but for single player... best F1 series game, by far. No doubt.
Really looking forward to F1 2022. That for sure will be a blast, perfect simulation, with grade like 93%. :inlove: Ultimate F1 simulator ! @@
May God will bless us with long life and good health. :D

Really getting into this F1 simulator now. And have no doubts, this is a simulator in any sense of the word and meaning.
For an offline AI player like me, this is the best it gets. Even Geoff Crammond would be proud of this F1 race game.
Truly loving it.
DS7jqUc.jpg

4HFwvaO.jpg

LhfXBam.jpg

I am loving this game, and it's the best F1 201x entry to date, but it's certainly not a sim. The handling still isn't quite there, the setup values are a joke (1-11?), and there's so many setup components missing. I'll give you "simcade" at best.

I am loving this game, and it's the best F1 201x entry to date, but it's certainly not a sim. The handling still isn't quite there, the setup values are a joke (1-11?), and there's so many setup components missing. I'll give you "simcade" at best.
I disagree completely. It simulates F1 racing better than any other race sim ever made. So this is sim.

Well, you two just have a bad start, I would say. Or a definition problem, you may say.
Moog is stating that only a (as realistic as it an be) realistic driving model is true simulation and you Andy are saying that everything that simulates faithfully a world of F1 is actually a sim too.
Unless I'm very much mistaken, of course. :cautious:
:D:p
And if I may add... I'm loving it. Being a "simulation" or not. It's fun.
And I really mean it... every damn race I had in this game was pure, genuine, adrenaline fun. @@
Not being Assetto kind of simulation of course, or God forbid Grand Prix Legends but it trick me that I'm really doing it, truly driving (from my chair though) an F1 car. And that I'm doing it right. It just pleases my (quite huge) ego. :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years