Another 'event' / Meet Up Opportunity Idea and World Ranking

I was just wondering if many members ever use the 'World Ranking' Servers in game?

For those not familiar with it - its an in game option - you have to register on the website - once registered (you do this by clicking the 'Competetion Website' section in game under the 'World Ranking' menu. Once registered the nex time you click on 'World Ranking' the menu will have 'Competetion Website' and a new one 'Ranking Servers'.

If you click on this Ranking Servers usually you will find just one server - you can join this server in any car (the track is changed regularly throughout the day).

Other cars are ghosts so no noobs can interfere with you, and you can drive through slower cars - BUT each time you complete a timed lap you get a display on screen of your position in the World Ranking for the class of car your in. The server is purley for hotlapping but with the bonus of LIVE ranking each time you cross the start finish line.

So my idea ? What if every now and again we meet up casually on the World Ranking Servers for a blast?

Another example of SIMBIN's ability to fail to both utilise and capitalise on options and features that they already have in game ! There are many instances where they potentialy have it sooo right but seem to fall at the very last hurdle, ending with a good and workable end result when they could have had a knock your socks off killer result...

World Ranking even has its own menu section - If Sony put their own World Ranking Menu button in GT5 do you think they would then back it up with missing servers and out of date patches? Maybe thats part of why Sony are where Sony are and SIMBIN are not up there with them.......

What are you guys talking about? It's perfectly working. I've just read your posts and launched the game just to check and here I am at Macau in a Mini cooper.

With latest patch installed on my game...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%