Another day another problem

T500rs will not calibrate correctly. It never feels right. Its always off. It is set at 900 degrees in game and 900 degrees in wheel settings. Why can this not just work?... It seems to get worse as I race. It started ok, and then I needed to turn the wheel so much to get a little movement in game. So tired of never being able to enjoy this game because of stupid issues like this. It worked just fine yesterday.

Those are some weird problems for sure. To me , it almost sounds like the wheelbase is getting hot , fading and causing some issues? Are you using FFB at all...a lot , a little? Maybe there is something in the GSE programming that is making something on your wheel fade or something like that?. Very weird and I haven't heard of another problem like this.

I just downloaded the demo of this and I'm having a similar problem. I have a GT3 RS v2 and it feels like the game has a 3,000 degree steering lock. I have to turn the wheel full lock just to get out do the pit stall. I adjusted the steering lock setting in the options screen and it didn't make any difference. I turned the SEN down to 180 on the wheel and then I could at least drive but it still didn't feel right. I'd like to get this working so I could eventually join some club racing but the controller settings are a bit confusing and nothing seems to fix the rotation problem.

Tal was right. I had turned all assists off, but maybe there is a button to activate them in game or something. It was on the lowest setting. Once I turned it off, it worked.

I'm sure I had the steering assist off, I remember double-checking to make sure all of those aids were off. From what I've been reading I'm guessing the steering lock setup for this game is different than other games?

Never had problems with steering using Logitech set profile to 540 also in game controller screen using < > , then set steering lock in garage to 23

So I shouldn't be selecting 900 degrees for my wheel lock in the settings screen? When you say "set steering lock in garage to 23" is that in the settings screen where you adjust ffb and such? Where did you come up wit the value of 23? Sorry, I'm new to the world of PC games and just trying to get these things sorted out. The other games I've tried are very straightforward but this one seems a bit different.

Ok. I've seen the "steering wheel range" in the main options screen but I never saw the "steering lock" option. The garage screen is when the track has loaded, correct? Is the "steering lock" option under the "options" in the top right corner or somewhere else on that screen?

Thanks for your help, good to know this is just a settings issue and there's not a problem with my install.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 229 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%