Announcer Bot

Apps Announcer Bot V2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Erick3331 In regards to AnnouncerBot not making any sound, does it make sound when you try using the assettocorsa\apps\python\AnnouncerBot\voice.exe?

I would open a command prompt in windows, CD to the AnnouncerBot folder, and type in something like "voice.exe This is a test."

The more recent versions of AnnouncerBot are using Text to Speech, not audio samples.

@Erick3331 In regards to AnnouncerBot not making any sound, does it make sound when you try using the assettocorsa\apps\python\AnnouncerBot\voice.exe?

I would open a command prompt in windows, CD to the AnnouncerBot folder, and type in something like "voice.exe This is a test."

The more recent versions of AnnouncerBot are using Text to Speech, not audio samples.

Ok thank you mate the infos, Cheers...

This app is now part of "Streaming? Sweet!!". Any future updates will be contained in the new app pack.

Hello, Ive just downloaded the announcer bot. But it doesnt work. It doesnt say or comment anything :( . I have WIN 10 with german language installed. Do I need to change anything?

Last edited:
Hello, Ive just downloaded the announcer bot. But it doesnt work. It doesnt say or comment anything :( . I have WIN 10 with german language installed. Do I need to change anything?
[/QUOTE
You should try changing the voicecmd INI entry to remove the -n command line parameter.

So instead of:
voicecmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe -n "Microsoft David Desktop" TEXTTOSPEECH

Try:
voicecmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe TEXTTOSPEECH

now it works! Thanks! Is there any app or something out there where I can take part at the race in cockpit view and have like a little extra window "tv broadcast view" ?? I dont think so... right? :(

or how can I tweak the "Announcer Bot" so it comments my race while driving?? Ist that possible

Last edited:
now it works! Thanks! Is there any app or something out there where I can take part at the race in cockpit view and have like a little extra window "tv broadcast view" ?? I dont think so... right? :(

or how can I tweak the "Announcer Bot" so it comments my race while driving?? Ist that possible
There are basically two options for this. First option is to connect a second PC to the session that does nothing but sit in the pits and watch all the other cars.

The second option is to create a broadcast from a replay file. The only real downside to this is that not all of the same data is provided to the apps in AC, so you'll have to manually specify the length of the race in an INI file.

Please note that all the streaming apps I'm developing and maintaining have been put into a suite, which is available over here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/streaming-sweet.33108/

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Are you asking to have the ABot repeat what you write into AC chat?
I dont know if he was asking that but if he was, I would use such a feature to use announcer bot to announce the penalties that get sent to chat by the pitlane penalty app. As a layman myself and someone wno can't code it sounds difficult to do.

Last edited:
At one point I had considered having ABot read everything that folks write into chat, because that would potentially be hilarious, or maybe terrible, or possibly terribly hilarious, but I eventually decided against it. Not really difficult to do, but it could become a situation where ABot gets busy repeating chat messages and then doesn't keep up with the AutoCam driver switching information. I'm not opposed to considering these types of changes, but no guarantees about how quickly that might happen, and I would probably need some leagues to let me connect to their race sessions for testing.

Yes, I think announcer bot's head would be spinning repeating everything in chat. Well, abot is great as it is and works 100% of the time as does autocam, but l'll keep my little beady eye on any further developments...

And if i ran a proper league I would have offered, but I just run mainly hugely disorganised family run race nights now and again.

I dont know if he was asking that but if he was, I would use such a feature to use announcer bot to announce the penalties that get sent to chat by the pitlane penalty app. As a layman myself and someone wno can't code it sounds difficult to do.
Yes it is, just to announce the penalties... so when I (race director) said to safety car in the chat, my friend who drive a safety car will out and everybody will slowdown and so on .. I can tell some driver if they cutting corner and send them drive trough.. I can't rent a dedicated server to make real penalty work and I think not all people can see the chat while driving..

At one point I had considered having ABot read everything that folks write into chat, because that would potentially be hilarious, or maybe terrible, or possibly terribly hilarious, but I eventually decided against it. Not really difficult to do, but it could become a situation where ABot gets busy repeating chat messages and then doesn't keep up with the AutoCam driver switching information. I'm not opposed to considering these types of changes, but no guarantees about how quickly that might happen, and I would probably need some leagues to let me connect to their race sessions for testing.
or maybe, if it's possible. you can make it stand alone, work without autocam? considering if some league have their own commentator

Last edited:
or maybe, if it's possible. you can make it stand alone, work without autocam? considering if some league have their own commentator
The apps can be run in any combination, so AutoCam and BCast with no ABot and maybe voice chat from the drivers, or AutoCam and ABot with some other overlay (ACTV?), or ABot with no AutoCam and manual switching from a camera operator, etc, there's really no limit.

But it sounds more like you want something on the client side to communicate/read penalty information to particular drivers, which I think you need something running on the server side to message individual drivers (or maybe there's something I'm missing).

Got a question about Announcer Bot that might not actually be AB's fault, but: whenever I have it activated and launch a race, because AB is loading another window (voice.exe) it changes my AC resolution to the native windows resolution instead of the fullscreen resolution I've selected for the game. (My native desktop resolution is 4k and I run the game in 1600x900, so when I run the game in fullscreen, it will kick AC to 4k resolution as it opens voice.exe.)
Anyone else have this issue and know a workaround or setting that i'm missing? I like announcer bot a lot, but for now I'm only able to run it in windowed mode.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%