Apps Announcer Bot V2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

Esotic

Premium
Esotic submitted a new resource:

Announcer Bot - Announcer App for Assetto Corsa

This is an example of what Announcer Bot sounds like:

From the INI:
;Set Values to 1 to turn them on, 0 to turn them off.
;HideIcon hides AC icon.
;Default AppWidth is 110. Change this value to resize the app larger/smaller.
;Default backgroundOpacity is 1.0, but you can set it anywhere from 0.0 (transparent) to 1.0 (fully opaque).
;drawBorder toggles drawing the app border.
;soundsFolder default is dave. if you make a new sounds folder change this value....

Read more about this resource...

Esotic updated Announcer Bot with a new update entry:

bug fixes

The default "voice" was repeating information about drivers having 0 kg ballast. That has been fixed.

The V1.1 has also been updated to announce lap times during qually sessions with using the "voice" sounds folder.

If you are getting errors using the "voice" please test the voice.exe in the assettocorsa\apps\python\AnnouncerBot folder. I've had no issues using it so far on two of my Windows 10 machines, but it may not work on older Windows operating systems.

Cheers,

-Esotic

Read the rest of this update entry...

bug fixes

This update should resolve the issue of Announcer Bot mixing male and female voices. The new INI should contains the following items:

soundsfolder = voice
voiceCmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe -n "Microsoft David Desktop" --mono --khz 22 -o OUTPUTFILE TEXTTOSPEECH
isVoiceTTS = 1

Those entries are all defaults. There is an "apps\python\AnnouncerBot\sounds\voice" directory that contains all the prerendered sounds, and new .WAV files (like driver names and lap times) should be...

Hey Esotic,

I tried version 1.2, but it doesn't work. When I go back to version 1.1 its works but then with a female voice (even though I have Microsoft david a standard speaking voice in windows). What am I doing wrong

EDIT: Also it does not show up on the ingame app list, even when i set hideicon to 0

Last edited:
Hey Esotic,

I tried version 1.2, but it doesn't work. When I go back to version 1.1 its works but then with a female voice (even though I have Microsoft david a standard speaking voice in windows). What am I doing wrong

EDIT: Also it does not show up on the ingame app list, even when i set hideicon to 0
I'll try installing this on a secondary system to test why this may not be working for you.

Hey Esotic,

Please note that V1.2.1 should fix the issue where ABot was not loading. Please let me know if you discover any other issues while using it.

Thanks,

Esotic

There are a number of voices that you can add to windows. Under Settings -> Time & Language -> Speech -> Add Voices

I've not had much success finding better voices than what's built into windows (David and Zira on my PC).

As an example, this is the output on my current system when I ask the voice.exe to give me a list of all the available voices.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\AnnouncerBot>voice.exe -l
"Microsoft David Desktop" - Adult,Male,en-US
"Microsoft Hazel Desktop" - Adult,Female,en-GB
"Microsoft Hedda Desktop" - Adult,Female,de-DE
"Microsoft Zira Desktop" - Adult,Female,en-US
"Microsoft Helena Desktop" - Adult,Female,es-ES
"Microsoft Sabina Desktop" - Adult,Female,es-MX
"Microsoft Hortense Desktop" - Adult,Female,fr-FR
"Microsoft Elsa Desktop" - Adult,Female,it-IT
"Microsoft Haruka Desktop" - Adult,Female,ja-JP
"Microsoft Heami Desktop" - Adult,Female,ko-KR
"Microsoft Paulina Desktop" - Adult,Female,pl-PL
"Microsoft Maria Desktop" - Adult,Female,pt-BR
"Microsoft Irina Desktop" - Adult,Female,ru-RU
"Microsoft Huihui Desktop" - Adult,Female,zh-CN
"Microsoft Tracy Desktop" - Adult,Female,zh-HK
"Microsoft Hanhan Desktop" - Adult,Female,zh-TW

If you wanted to use a different voice you'd need to change both of the following entries in the INI. soundsfolder is the folder to use to store that voice, and the voiceCmd would need the default "Microsoft David Desktop" changed to match an entry from your list of available voices. Elsa sounded reasonably good when I tested it, but I did not like the other voices as much (and that's not because Frozen is an excellent movie :)).

soundsfolder = voice
voiceCmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe -n "Microsoft David Desktop" --mono --khz 22 -o OUTPUTFILE TEXTTOSPEECH

Fully text to speech, no more .WAV files

The V2.0 of Announcer Bot no longer uses .WAV files of any sort, so the download is much smaller than before. If you are currently using .WAV files it should technically still be compatible, but there are many things the V2.0 ABot will not say.

V2.0 should now announce the gap between drivers as a time estimate, and will also announce some basic information about the track, the layout, and weather. ABot should now understand more (but not necessarily all) tire options, and announce a...

If anyone is having trouble getting some installed voices to work with Announcer Bot please reference this reddit post:

app crash for me
AnnouncerBot Unable to read apps\python\AnnouncerBot\86_206_95_155.ini
The message about not reading IP related INIs is totally normal and not an error that would prevent the app from running. It's more of a reminder to let folks know that IP INIs are possible. Errors related to apps loading would be in the log.txt, and would look like this:

Code:
Cleaning Python Cache in path apps/python/AnnouncerBot/
Opening PyModule AnnouncerBot
ERROR
PyModule :: Errors occurred loading AnnouncerBot

[PY ERROR]: apps/python/AnnouncerBot\AnnouncerBot.py (35)

Are you using the Custom Shaders Patch? Do you get the same issue with CSP disabled?

Thanks,

Esotic

TTS updates, multiple driver names, extra reportables, bug fixes

There is now a driverNames.txt that you can use to help the TTS pronounce names correctly, as well as use nicknames for drivers in that file.

Contents of driverNames.txt:
Code:
;HOWTO: Each Row should Start with the drivers online name followed by a | (pipe)
;After the pipe there should be a list of names separated by ^s (hats)
;The drivers full name should always be listed first, with any nicknames listed afterwards, in no particular order
;ASRL
David Zahn|David Zahn^Zahn
Kevin...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%