Andy Priaulx back to World Touring Cars with Cyan Lynk & Co deal

yep, impressive lineup for the chinese, you gotta hand it to them (and you gotta love all the grey hair on the grid next year, not that gabriele has much left ;) ) :

https://www.fiawtcr.com/the-best-ju...yan-racing-signs-priaulx-for-wtcr-season-two/
Web3.jpg

"The best just got better: Lynk & Co Cyan Racing signs Priaulx for WTCR season two
December 10th, 2018|2018
What’s shaping up to be one of the best driver line-ups in international touring car racing history just got better following Lynk & Co Cyan Racing’s announcement that it has signed three-time FIA world champion Andy Priaulx for the 2019 WTCR OSCARO.

Priaulx, winner of the FIA World Touring Car Championship in 2005, 2006 and 2007, will join forces with fellow former WTCC champions Thed Björk and Yvan Muller to drive a Lynk & Co 03 TCR developed by Geely Group Motorsport.

*Briton joins forces with fellow World Touring Car champions Björk and Muller

*Lynk & Co 03 TCR drivers have eight world titles between them

*WTCR campaign is a return to spiritual home following sportscar stint

The exciting move follows news from Hyundai Motorsport earlier this month confirming the recruitment of Nicky Catsburg and Augusto Farfus to drive for its customer racing team attack on the 2019 WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup presented by OSCARO, alongside Norbert Michelisz and inaugural title winner Gabriele Tarquini.

“Legend is superlative perhaps used too often but it’s certainly appropriate when describing Andy Priaulx,” said François Ribeiro, Head of Eurosport Events, the WTCR OSCARO promoter. “The first FIA World Touring Car champion of the Eurosport Events era in 2005, Andy is not just a great performer on track but a great ambassador off it. We can’t wait to see him in action on what is set to be the highest quality and most competitive touring car grid ever.”

Priaulx’s signature means Lynk & Co 03 TCR drivers have a total of eight FIA world titles between them with Muller winning the WTCC four times and Björk clinching the crown in 2017.

“Andy is a true touring car legend and his track record speaks for itself,” said Christian Dahl, CEO of Cyan Racing. “His mix of experience and raw speed will be vital to us. We are glad to have him onboard for the 2019 WTCR season that looks to become one of the toughest ever.”

Briton Priaulx, 44, has signed a multi-year contract to drive for Lynk & Co Cyan Racing, having competed in the FIA World Endurance Championship in recent years. He admits racing in WTCR OSCARO will be tough. “I’m delighted to become a Lynk & Co Cyan Racing driver and I have no doubt that we are in a strong position to fight for the overall title already in our first year. We have a tough job ahead of us, the competition is as tough as it has ever been in the WTCR. But I have followed Cyan Racing’s progress over the years and it was an easy decision for me to join them.”

WTCR OSCARO season two takes place over 30 races on 10 weekends in three continents with the action getting underway at WTCR Race of Morocco in Marrakech from 5-7 April 2019.
"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years