Android - portrait view

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Is it just me, or are the 'report' and 'edit' buttons missing or out of view when viewing the forum on an Android tablet (Nexus 10) in portrait mode? Resolution is 2560 x 1600px

If I spin it round to landscape they are both visible in the bottom left :unsure:

Is it just me, or are the 'report' and 'edit' buttons missing or out of view when viewing the forum on an Android tablet (Nexus 10) in portrait mode? Resolution is 2560 x 1600px

If I spin it round to landscape they are both visible in the bottom left :unsure:
Hmm. Do you get three little lines (aka a menu button) like in this screenshot?
upload_2018-6-18_21-19-34.png

What I see :
That's weird. You can see that part of the screen is doing what it should - in the portrait view, just under the RD logo at the top of the screen you can see a "Menu" with the little bars beside it, which expands in landscape mode into the full list (NEWS, FORUMS, etc.).
Don't think I've seen this before. Is your browser app up to date? We might need @Dave Stephenson's expertise I think ;)

Yes, I use Chrome and it is kept up to date automatically.

This is not a huge issue, as I know that I can always edit a post by turning my tablet onto its side. It's just a little bit odd that it's out of shot in portrait mode.

I can't reproduce it on mobile or in any browser on desktop that might give me half a chance of identifying why.

If I remember right the last drop for elements to rearrange and end up in single column mode like that is around 800px. So despite the high resolution the browser/OS presents itself as something much smaller. It makes sense to do it as the res will still help with text/image sharpness but presenting a smaller viewport ensures getting the mobile version of sites and any touch friendly ui stuff that may come with that, however that's not something I can reproduce easily. May just have to live with it for the moment I'm afraid.

I'm on Android in portrait view and the premium discount advert is blocking half my screen and the close button is off the right edge of my screen. I can't even see what im typing right now :mad:

There is a privacy settings tab bottom right which I can't get rid of either

I'm on Android in portrait view and the premium discount advert is blocking half my screen and the close button is off the right edge of my screen. I can't even see what im typing right now :mad:

There is a privacy settings tab bottom right which I can't get rid of either
The privacy thing shows up for me only when I'm not logged in. Yours stays there?
And the discount thing is totally weird because there is no discount at present (maybe I'm misunderstanding you). Can you hit us with a screenshot pls?

The privacy thing shows up for me only when I'm not logged in. Yours stays there?
And the discount thing is totally weird because there is no discount at present (maybe I'm misunderstanding you). Can you hit us with a screenshot pls?
Hi, I turned the flip screen option on on my phone and managed to close it in landscape view. Regarding the discount maybe it didn't actually say that this time but rather just sign up for premium, if you have the same box just advertising premium rather than discount it would explain it (but I thought I saw the discount message.) It was really annoying as it overlaps the reply box so I had no way to see what I was typing until I managed to remove it.

Regarding the privacy settings box it is always there for me (not a premium member) whether viewing on my phone or on my PC, it is a little annoying when viewing on my phone but was made alot worse when it was joined by the much larger yellow premium advert box :p

Hi, I turned the flip screen option on on my phone and managed to close it in landscape view. Regarding the discount maybe it didn't actually say that this time but rather just sign up for premium, if you have the same box just advertising premium rather than discount it would explain it (but I thought I saw the discount message.) It was really annoying as it overlaps the reply box so I had no way to see what I was typing until I managed to remove it.

Regarding the privacy settings box it is always there for me (not a premium member) whether viewing on my phone or on my PC, it is a little annoying when viewing on my phone but was made alot worse when it was joined by the much larger yellow premium advert box :p
OK I just checked again with a non-premium account and now indeed I get the (non-discounted) premium advert which doesn't have a visible "X" in the corner if you view it on a small portrait screen. Glad you got rid of it by swapping to landscape, but yeah, irritating.
Also I can see that the privacy thingy doesn't go away even after you've clicked it and hit "save and exit". Before I start to tinker with anything though, it's probably best to see if @Dave Stephenson already knows exactly what to do (as I suspect he will ;)).

Before I start to tinker with anything though, it's probably best to see if @Dave Stephenson already knows exactly what to do (as I suspect he will ;)).

Fixed. The offending party has had his permissions adjusted :rolleyes:

Just an FYI the privacy settings tab is still permanently there for me, one of Nielski's posts suggested it shouldn't be? I get the privacy policy pop up that you have to accept every now and then as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back