Andre Lotterer

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Not confirmed yet, but he is close to landing a deal for Caterham at Spa. Not sure if it's a one-off or until the end of the season, but who knows?

Any ideas about the number he'd choose or how he'd compare to Ericcson?

As it's a one off deal, it might be being used to kind of say to Kobayashi "Oi, you need to do better". HRT did that to Senna in 2010 when they replaced him with Yamamoto for the British Grand Prix, and he really stepped up his game. Same with Trulli at the 2011 German GP, when Chandhok had a go. That didn't really do anything to help Trulli.

Of course, he could always do a Winkelhock.

Hearing he may get at least one more race in Monza.

This pleases me. Lotterer should never have been left out to dry in Champ Car's transitional phase from 2002-2004. He's truly one of the best drivers in the world right now, even if the Caterham is not a good car - he's absolutely Formula 1 caliber.

Looks like he turned them down:-

Lotterer has now told AUTOSPORT that he has decided to forgo the chance, which follows on from his F1 debut in a Caterham-Renault CT05 at the Belgian GP at Spa in August.

"I'm flattered because you don't get the call to do F1 every day," said the Audi World Endurance Championship driver.

"The one-off at Spa was a great thing for me to do, but to do more would have to have been in a better situation - I don't want to be a guy driving around at the back.

"If I could see opportunities in F1 to gain a better seat, it might be different, but it doesn't look like that."

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%