And that's the way the cookie crumbles...

This morning I had in mind to use all day to see if I could find good FFB settings for R3E. I started the game and started testing.:thumbsup: And while I was testing out of the blue I saw smoke...not from my rear tires but coming out of the top of my T500:O_o:...
As quickly as I could I disconnected the wheel and then there was nothing except this ugly sharp smell of burned electronics. And that was that...:(
Just contacted TM, sent some info to them and I will send them the wheel next week for repairs. Thinking about reinstalling my G27 but I think I just wait the time out. Keep you posted of the progress.

I have an old momo red w/ffb and i see you use a t500 with a spare g27. Do you not like the g27? i am really stuck on getting a new rig or replacing the pots on my 15 year old momo and everywhere i read the g27 seems like the thing to have then i see you keep yours in a closet. What gives? thanks. Also, sorry about your t500, but maybe ffb turned up tooooo much? good luck.

Upvote 0
I have an old momo red w/ffb and i see you use a t500 with a spare g27. Do you not like the g27? i am really stuck on getting a new rig or replacing the pots on my 15 year old momo and everywhere i read the g27 seems like the thing to have then i see you keep yours in a closet. What gives? thanks. Also, sorry about your t500, but maybe ffb turned up tooooo much? good luck.
Yeah...it sounds cocky doesnt it. I loved the G27 for years but the problem was the major rattle of the internal gears when hitting the kerbs or going off track. Three houses down the thee cups fell of the table and those people looked at each other and said: Off track...
That was the main reason to go for belt driven. Next to that i noticed that the TM was more precise. I have created my own cockpit out of MDF and for the T500 i made some adjustments. Installing the G27 i have to replace the pedals and base plate, cables etc. I just dont want to be bothered with that. Hopefully i have my T500 back next week.
By the way: is it possible to "blow up" a wheel by setting FFB too high? I do not know what happened inside. As soon as i saw the smoke i pulled all cables as fast as i could because i was afraid of fire. Maybe it still works...

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about your wheel, good thing is Thrustmaster support seems very very good, I gave them a call the other day as I had some questions about a wheel I had ordered but not yet received, they happily answered all my questions and he sounded genuinely knowledgable and interested in helping, made for a great customer experience even before I receive the product lol.
I'm in the same boat though, my Fanatec wheel has a engine failure (I think) so that's why I ordered a new wheel.

Upvote 0
no, i recall niels posting about potentially 'cooking' your wheel if ffb is too strong. surprised me too but obv any motor will create heat to some extent
Yes all motors will generate heat and heat will kill any motor given enough of it or over time, but that's why wheel manufacturers add temperature sensors and some electronics that will first lower the FFB strength if it's getting to hot and eventually shut off the motor to stop it from taking damage. That said no such system is flawless and occasionally you will have wheels dying from overheating.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years