And its a 9 from IGN

Fabulous to see a racing game getting such a great reception and working well on the consoles, currently well over 8/10 average on Metacritic and over 2000 people were watching the early console Mixer streams last night. Looks like they've got a hit on their hands, truly a game that belongs on the consoles.

Dunno, Im pretty happy with my visual splendour. Maybe when this one fails again I'll look at VR.
big.jpg

You would think there would be less whinging if all the VR users were having so much fun.
Well, it’s not whinging, it’s a wish! Have you tried VR recently? For those who use VR, it’s the same feeling when you have to go back to 2d, as you would go back to play on a 12 inch monitor. It makes it less fun. That’s all. I played Wreckfest today, on a screen and in a big movie theater. It’s fun, but it would be epic in VR.

By the way, the foto of your big screen, I think you cold amp up the FOV a bit? (Meant as good intention.)
Either way, as long as it’s fun, and we all have fun, it doesn’t matter what screen or FOV you use.
For me it’s VR. But I know people that had VR, and are now on a single monitor. People are different.

I think you might also had said something, if the games you liked, insisted on be playable only on a 12 inch. Screen.

I don't have vr but I played project cars + Nordschleife a few times at a friend's house.
I don't really miss vr for the racing sims. I'm becoming a bit motion sick and I prefer being able to just sit in front of a monitor.

However wreckfest in VR would mean an instant buy for me! This sick madness while looking around?
Hell yeah :D
I'd probably puke after 20 minutes and couldn't walk straight for a day but it would be so worth it :roflmao:

I enjoy VR especially for racing games and flight/space stuff. Sure VR in Wreckfest would be fun too.

Wreckfest is a great fun game and I wouldn't miss out on it just because it doesn't have VR (in the same way F1 17/18/19 career mode is too good to miss out on). In the updated console version the level of debris on the track and the way the AI adjust their lines and are properly aggressive is impressive.

The serious sims are of course great but this is just pure fun and it has improved a lot once again.

• Deleted member 197115

Even the biggest screen in the world would not replace being there feeling.
And I was singing different tune before conversion, now just can't play racing titles on flat screen at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s the thing, I buy games that I like. But I enjoy them more in VR, than on a flat screen. I wish every driving game had VR support, because it’s more fun for me that way. And yes Wreckfest is a better game now, than it was before. But it has always been a fun game.

Oh, Its whinging, and its tiresome.

Personally I thinking all the VR serial pests should be encouraged to direct their crap at the devs and leave it out of the forums.

Case in point, This thread, infiltrated by dribble.

Oh stop whinging..
Just because you don’t have or like VR, doesn’t mean everyone else should be the same. This is a Wreckfest forum, you had a post that it’s get 9 out of 10. Someone says it could be a hit in VR.

YOU.replied with your: “I don’t have VR, so no one else should or have VR. Only 9 people have VR and are interested in Wreckfest. (That was probably true in 2016) but in 2019 there are plenty of VR users. You undermined them all.. Because you don’t use VR.

Are you 12?

Truthfully, I regret engaging in a pointless discussion with the VR pests , But here I am.

Put it down to the frustration in seeing the negativity and whining spread through every discussion for every game I follow due to the lack of or poor VR implementation.

The reality is that neither the hardware nor the software is ready for the level that is being demanded and throwing it into every thread doesn't change that.

On top of that, The user base doesn't warrant the investment required.

A couple more years and hopefully the platform is more mature.

Last edited:
I doubt that's even possible.

Personally I found the visual image below what I'd accept, and the implementation into games as also below an acceptable standard.

Pretty sure I'll get a couple sets once its worth buying.

This ongoing conversation isn't fitting into my agenda to stifle conversation about VR.

But it is fitting into my agenda to have an active thread in the wreckfest forum.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%