And its a 9 from IGN

Alrighty, aside from the fact that the general agenda was fulfilled by either scenario, let us carry on.

When it became apparent that the PC update wasn't coming today, I went in and grabbed the Xbox copy.

Cost $69 aud which isn't too bad, Certainly seen more expensive games on the shelf.
4GB patch on install
Tried an online game, selected RACE SERVER, it put me in a demolition match, checked the server browser and of the 16 or so available AU servers they were all running the same demolition event. Clearly something they restricted for launch. Hopefully they open it up properly soon as I prefer the tracks.
Colour pallet seems a little more saturated, or maybe they have adjusted the lighting. Games looks vibrant and detailed.
Lag selecting first gear has been fixed! (transfer that over to the PC please)
I need to pay some attention to the audio as the engine sounds on the PC were pretty sad.
Not to bad an experience on the small screen
wreck1.jpg

Are you 12?

Truthfully, I regret engaging in a pointless discussion with the VR pests , But here I am.

First off, name calling and undermining are truly a bad way to communicate anything.

The day you think it’s good enough for you to go VR. You should be glad all those “pests” actually bought in to it, and “whined”. Because if they were not telling what they wanted, it wouldn’t be any VR. Most people don’t like the idea of change.

Ok. Enough about that. I’m done.

The drive hub works great by the way. But it doesn’t work with DD (Fanatec DD might work, but it doesn’t say anything in the specs.).

I’m also glad to see that Bugbear Entertainment is implementing DLCs that means the title will hopefully live for a good while. Also the new tracks looks like a blast!

Alrighty, aside from the fact that the general agenda was fulfilled by either scenario, let us carry on.

When it became apparent that the PC update wasn't coming today, I went in and grabbed the Xbox copy.

Cost $69 aud which isn't too bad, Certainly seen more expensive games on the shelf.
4GB patch on install
Tried an online game, selected RACE SERVER, it put me in a demolition match, checked the server browser and of the 16 or so available AU servers they were all running the same demolition event. Clearly something they restricted for launch. Hopefully they open it up properly soon as I prefer the tracks.
Colour pallet seems a little more saturated, or maybe they have adjusted the lighting. Games looks vibrant and detailed.
Lag selecting first gear has been fixed! (transfer that over to the PC please)
I need to pay some attention to the audio as the engine sounds on the PC were pretty sad.
Not to bad an experience on the small screenView attachment 321774 .

You should really get VR.

Then you wouldn't have to look at that ugly carpet when gaming.

The Steam update is available now, 9gb, just downloaded for me, now matched the console version with the new cars like the Sofa etc.

Hopefully, that also means the 'day 1' patch for Xbox is also on the way because although the game is great to play but there are a whole range of minor issues including loading times, graphical glitches and slow car selection in MP that could do with a fix.

Few more impressions of the console release.

Ai is definitely tweaked, Rubber banding has been implemented with a number of races where I lost my position either on the last corner or on the straight just as we hit the finish line. I've had to select novice difficulty on tracks that I could trash the Ai on. Also getting jostled and crashed through every corner.

Its interesting, Races have been more intense and dare I say it, enjoyable.

The career seems to be easier to progress through as even with a bunch of less then fantastic results i was only a few events into it when the next tier opened up and I only had half the available points on offer. (which aligns with the increased difficulty and lower progression threshold)

Physics, Hard for me to say, I've mostly used my wheel on PC. I'm finding it easier to hold my line with the gamepad then when I did tried it on the PC but that maybe just because I'm forced to use it on the console.

I agree, the career is much improved by the additional events - the extra points on offer mean that there is no need to win everything to progress - a few poor results can easily be absorbed.

The AI are definitely more aggressive on the middle 'amateur' setting they put up a real fight, especially from the 3rd championship onward.

Car handling and tuning work well to give the cars real character - move the brake bias backwards with mid-size like the Tristar and longer cars like the Rammer and the handbrake becomes redundant, just brake and the rear of the car is mobile and turns the nose in. It's a nice touch that the car stats actually change as tuning options are adjusted.

There are plenty of small glitches and problems but none take too much away from what is a really fun and challenging game.

Damn this looks good, brings me back to whiplash or destruction derby from the past. It would be instant buy if there was VR support but playing a cockpit game on a screen is a no go for me anymore...
Then use 3rd person view :p
That camera works really really well in that game. I actually prefer to drive in that perspective even with my wheel.
A bit weird for half an hour, then it becomes a lot of fun to see how badass and smooth your drifts are :D

Then use 3rd person view :p
That camera works really really well in that game. I actually prefer to drive in that perspective even with my wheel.
A bit weird for half an hour, then it becomes a lot of fun to see how badass and smooth your drifts are :D
3rd person with a wheel ? That has to be awkward :) But I actually might give it a shot with 3rd person and the xbox controller, this is not a bad idea at all

Destruction derby first stage,a 4 out of 10,the racing stages 8 out of 10.

P.S. revising it to 9 out of 10,don't post when anxious.

The car Destruction Derby is awesome.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back