An impressive selection of GT Legends cars and tracks

Shovas

Premium
I've never seen this selection of cars and tracks and as neatly presented and organized as they have:

Click the English flag icon in the top-left for English.

1657952373142.png

Last edited:
I've never seen this selection of cars and tracks and as neatly presented and organized as they have:

Click the English flag icon in the top-left for English.

View attachment 582973
Yes. They even have a program which auto downloads all the tracks and cars for you and auto-updates them all. This, combined with their servers that run online multiplayer. They also have this setup for GTR2 and I think some other games (possibly Race 07 / Race Injection and rFactor? I can't remember).

It's been around for at least 10 years, probably more. Surprised more people don't talk, or even know, about it.

Last edited:
I guess because it's German and it doesn't show up at the top of search results
Ya, it's too bad more people don't know about it. They even have a program which makes sure no one is cheating (modified physics files).

They keep stats of all your best laps and you can see what place all your laps for all cars and tracks are. The rankings also show whether the lap was used with or without LowGuard (the anti-cheat tool).

In their auto-updater tool, they even have a huge repository where you can search by car or track and download setups. The default game allows you to do this too in-game within the car-setup menu which I think is a severely underrated feature that should be put back into modern sims along with the setup description / notes section.

Wow. I didn't realize they had created so much. Maybe I'll take a look.
Yup. It's huge. The main thing about it is the fact that it allows online multiplayer and the GTL multiplayer lobbies to work again but it's so much more.

Their auto-updater tool also has in-built options to add tweaks to GTL like some convenient PLR adjustments without you having to manually do it yourself, it can add the 4 GB patch, it can set GTL to use more than one CPU thread (so you don't have to rely on an external program to do so).

Last edited:
They recommend a 2nd install of GTL for altbierbuden, I think they also recommend the non-steam version but, honestly, I'm not sure it matters. I use a 2nd install for it as I use my regular GTL install for my career mode stuff with mods like the GTL HQ & Anniversary mods. Then I have another install just for multiplayer / Altbierbuden.

To set it all up, IGNORE the first 2 steps of the instructions on the altbierbude website and in their readme file where it says to download & install Python and wxPython. Just download & install the autoupdater as that will also take care of Python & wxPython for you. It'll also install the correct versions as the manual Python & wxPython are slightly outdated versions. I recommend installing Python & wxPython in the default location (C:\Python or whatever).

During the install process, autoupdater will ask you to create a separate folder for all the downloads to save. I personally recommend setting this to a backup folder / drive. There is around 25 GB of cars, tracks, etc. to download. If you ever uninstall the game, upgrade to a new PC, etc. you can just point the autoupdater to this folder and it will scan and retrieve all the content for the new GTL install without having to re-download everything. It will then only download any new content or any content that requires updating.

The autoupdater has a download cap of around 300 kb/s so just let it run for around 1 day and it should finish downloading and installing everything. If you donate some money to them (donate link in the autoupdater program) then it will finish much, much quicker as you will have unlimited download speed for a certain amount of time. I cant remember how long; a few months? 1 year?

LowGuard - their anti-cheat program - isn't required but recommended. It's a separate download & install (ie. not part of autoupdater).

Last edited:
Yes, My best-kept secret :D

If you like GTL, donate to Altbierbude and use the Auto updater. It really does transform the game, and It stores all the mod files on your HD in zipped files. So if Altbierbude ever goes down, you can still run the Auto updater to reinstall.
On top of that, your multiplayer will suddenly work! Yes, believe it or not, some people still play GTL online. The server is always online and holds regular events.
I highly recommend it, some of the best modders around have very highly polished these mods, honestly, there are some well-known names involved with the Altbierbude project.

And when you have finished installing it, go to their GTR2 and Power & Glory websites, and do it all again.

koelschbierbude ... GTR2

festbierbude ... Power & Glory

I went online the past 3 or 4 days and there were always people online. I enjoyed lots of practice sessions, qualies, and races with other people. I drove some incredible Alfa V6 (not part of vanilla GTL) on some sort of beautiful track with fast flowing corners and long straights. It was a joy.

Last edited:
Hi friends,
Does anyone know how to join Altbierbude online server?

I had installed Altbierbude Mod for GTL and I would like to play online.
I launch GTL and select Multiplayer, it says "Serial Number"

I had read the FAQ, but I cannot find the document to enable multiplayer .
Do I need to fill something on Options page(of Altbierbude AutoUpdate app)?
Thank you

gtl.jpg

I didn't manually fill out any of that information. It's automatically included in a file that gets downloaded when you install the program. Have you signed up on the website yet? It's necessary to register. Before playing online, make sure to always run the updater first. Apart from that, the program functions smoothly. The only issues I've encountered were when it incorrectly labeled me as a cheater because of a change I made to my PLR file.

You could try asking for advice on the Altbierbude forum. They are a friendly group, although it may take a few days for someone to respond.

Hi guys,
Thank you all.
I can play multiplayer now.
I search Altbierbude forum and found some articles about how to play multiplayer.

on GTL game > Multiplayer
1. enter the GTL key to enable Multiplayer at first time
(if you buy GTL from steam, GTL key can be found on steam library > GTL > Setting)
2. register by username, password and email
3. login than it shows all Altbierbude online servers on the list.
enjoy!

Probably not, it will conflict & they compare files so nobody cheats. Just make another install folder & use that for the patch, and other mods.

I used to have different installs for each league I raced in, to keep them isolated from mismatches etc

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years