An idea ..... new club event

Lately the RaceRoom club event calendar is plenty full and exciting witch is great,to bad i can't race do :)) and maybe some other people are in my situation and i have an idea that might change that.
But first want to see if people are interested, and how many and after that maybe admins can do something.
A hotlap competition that takes place for the duration of a week
Club Event : Hotlap competition - Audi TT - RaceRoom Sprint
Server : Singleplayer leaderboard challenge
09.01.2016 - 16.01.2016

We can easly use leaderboard, and we will have the results instantly.
Drivers can improve driver skills and also this can act as experience when a normal club event will be held at that track.
Gives the people with more difficult work schedule to race against you lot, also gives the chance for cross timezone racing and maybe cross sims too,we can invite some guys from other clubs to have a go, we can use free content
We can all become friends on steam......don't know how good is that but :)))
I admit this will satisfy me allot but i am sure it's a good idea
so what do you think?vote.....

Every week once the track/car combo are released I usually post a leaderboard time at each track and have noticed a few other club regulars do the same which gives you an idea of where you stand while helping others get some tips without having to ruffle the feathers of some here by posting a lap time :)

Edit: I didn't vote on your survey....but .....
If we were to run the same track/car combo as the club is running that week than I would vote yay
If you were running different combos than nay.....soley because I like to practice for each club event and I merely wouldn't have time to add and learn another event since the club runs bi daily :)

Last edited:
Every week once the track/car combo are released I usually post a leaderboard time at each track and have noticed a few other club regulars do the same which gives you an idea of where you stand while helping others get some tips without having to ruffle the feathers of some here by posting a lap time :)
Same here.
Depends a little on the car/track combo (don' t really like the old physics any more), but I'm usually somewhere on the leaderboard for this weeks race.
(Look near the bottom :D )

Not sure I'd make it an outright competition though.
I mean, it's fine for getting a feel for your pace, or if you're struggling with finding a line through a particular track.
But since Raceroom already have official time-trial competitions on a regularly rotating basis, it seems a little redundant.

I voted yey! Good idea Mr. C!

I will try to understand what it is you are trying to accomplish.

This a really good idea for the following reasons;
  • For those who aren't able to make the scheduled club races - this will allow others to drive the same car/track combos as the club events for that week. As long as the hot lap competition follows the same car/track combo as the club events ofcourse (i don't think this will be successful unless it follows the track/car combos as the club events for that week)..
  • Very useful for practice for club events.
  • RD members can tag others or post here when they are on the RD hot lap server.
  • Make new friends.
  • Make all cars available from the club events that week to be used in the hot lap competition. E.g., FR2, WTCC, GT3, and Audi TT Cup, including the same track as the club.
  • Idea: the winner of the RD hot lap competition can choose the next car/track combo for the next week? Or raffle off all RD hot lap competition members and have the winner choose the track for next week? I think we currently run on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The popular cars here on RD R3E clubs are FR2, Audi TT, Silouette Series (think I spelled that wrong lol), WTCC2013/2014, DTM2013/2014/2015, Prototypes, and GT3/ADAC. The winner can choose 3 from the above as I don't think anyone would have a problem with anyone of those cars. This will give the RD R3E club an opportunity to spice things up. Of course, the winners selection must be approved by our captin steering the ship @Kenny Paton.
Please feel free anyone to add or change anything I've mentioned above.

I'm definitely in favor of this idea. Being in Hawaii, my timezone (GMT -10) doesn't allow me to make any club events really. This hot lap competition would allow me to compete / compare against all of the RD peeps.

Okay, I think we're talking past each other here.....

First of all, there's no such thing as a separate RD hot-lap server. Can't be done.
All hot-laps are stored centrally, and only divided into specific car/track combos.
Which also means that if you attempt to make this a competition, you need to go through all the names on that particular track/combo and figure out which names are actually in RD to begin with.
And a lot of people are using one name on RD, another on R3E and yet a third on TS.....
Happy hunting, guys. :D

Second, I get that people like the idea of being able to compare themselves to other RD members, especially if the races themselves are in an awkward time-zone.
But you can already do that. Take a look at the leaderboard for Audi TTs @ Monza Jr.
There are seven entries in total, five of which are RD members practising for last Tuesdays race.

Now, if someone wants to do the work, and make it into some kind of official time-trail competition, by all means go for it.
I'm still going to be doing hot-laps as practise in either case.
I'm just not entirely convinced making it into an official competition is worth the bother.

Solo has some really good points but so does Mr. Lars, a quick way to filter the Rd members is if we "friend" each other, still it will require some doing.
Main idea behind this is that those that aren't able to actual race club events to have something going for them and keep close to Rd not wonder solo in single-player.
By the looks of it we are few those with this problem.... Our bad luck...
Thank you guys and keep it coming maybe we get something

Not to play devils advocate, but....
If you're using 'Friend' to filter participants, what happens when you have friends in R3E who aren't in RD?
that was on my mind too, but that can be easy fixed with excel, i volunteer to do that!
but so far like i said above, very few of us are in this situation so unless more interest is generated no use going forward with it.

Hotlapping is all well and good, but it doesn't make you a better racer. Hotlappers tend to forget that other racers are in the same race and forget their race manners in the conquest of getting ever faster lap times by cutting corners etc.
Not saying anyone here is like that. Doesn't interest me, I like racing, not lapping. But if people fancy doing it, good luck to them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back