F1 2015 An Honest Opinion About 2015 Game

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Just like F1 2014 game i will try to give you guys a heads up about the new game,
Obviously what i have is a preview build and not the final release but i truly believe that everything i posted here that is missing so far wont be magically included in the final release, AND this is a response to all youtube guys that hyping the game and posting to many videos and about the game but they never actually tell you what really want to know!

Even though the copy i have is preview and work in progress PS4 build, i can post things that i didn't really like and i thought they should have included it in the new game!:

*The big disappointing thing for me is Tyre management still scripted (since 2010), if you lock your brakes there won't be any flat spots on the tyres
*There no fuel management, the only thing you can do is turning your engine down to save fuel. in real life you hear the engineer saying to the driver lift and coast, not just in f1, there is also short shifting., short or long shifting doest effect the fuel, infect the engineer will not say to you anything new that you didn't hear from the previous games
*In my case i couldn't use my wheel because the game just didn't pick it up, but playing with the controller joysticks kind suck and there is a huge dead zone so you never have complete control of your car.
*You cant control the car in the pits (since 2010... seriously) big disappointment, infect you cant do anything while pitting, why not giving the ability to drive through the pit and pit and even have a proper two clutch management.!
*The AI is still bad and heavenly scripted, they will crash into you they will drive according to the racing line all the time, to be honest they better than 1014, they overtake more now, but i still cant understand why there big budget games like this and the AI which is a big deal is not that good!
*There is no clutch, and your engine will not stop... And no launch control start, you still can't control your car in the grid. you cant jump the start.
*The same garage with pretty much the same guys running around. same layouts, but there new tablet screen , you can change things and stuff from it, not really going to say anything about it yet but i actually like it and i like the idea
*The is more setting to change in the setup screen this year even the quick setup section is well developed this year but it won't really be that good for hardcore racers. but how much fuel you add and which tyre you choose on each session is a big step up from previous games
*The voice recognition future doesn't work yet so i cant comment on that. but what i can say its only a specific phrases that have to say to you engineer but you can skip talking and just choose the commands from the screen any why, cool new thing i guess
*The HUD and the speedometer are just in your face and really ugly and boring but i don't think its a big deal!
*Since 2012 game short or long shifting does not really effect the engine that much, or braking to aggressively won't really effect how hot your brakes or how hot your engine !!!
*The same cockpit view and no helmet view
*The damage is not here yet
* In wet conditions if you turn your engine up the car just becomes overpowered compared to AI drivers unlike in dry conditions
*Power unites and ERS are still auto, unlike real life which the driver can change when and how to charge or release the stored power.
*The Mercedes team this year is well over powered, you will will notice it when you play against legend AI, you wont have any problem against them on a Mercedes
*Handling in wet a track is a big let down, its not that different from a dry track, even though you are on the blue tyres you can still take corners almost flat out, and you can push like crazy... i don't honesty understand why
*the graphics on wet wheat is when the game show how the graphics are better than before BUT the big but there is in the screen there almost the same splash system, i usually drive bikes when it is wet and i can see clearly rain drops , grass, dirt , dead bugs on the visor, and everything sticking on your visor will be moving because of the wind effect unlike the game, in the screen you see the same drops and they move really slowly,
*Over all the graphics on the new game engine look better and even though i experienced a lot of frame drops hear and there i think they will fix it, but to be honest the game is not really running at 60 FPS on console (PS4) like they are claiming, hell i watched a couple of youtube vids and people are saying its running perfectly at 60 FPS, that's a lie, maybe they will somehow fix it in the final release but at this point anyone who says otherwise ... its a lie don't listen to them.
*No career mode this year but instead there a pro season which pretty much emulate like practice sessions and on the preview build that i have in pro season you cant change any setting apart from your setups, and you wont have any assists available but i think they will change it in the final release
*Safety car is a rare thing because the AI is not really that smart and as i said they feel to scripted and wont make too many mistakes or wont have problems BUT about the safety car it could be fixed...
*The game still arcade more than a sim so don't listen yo anyone out there saying that its more like a simulation game!!! NO.

* Humm what else ... i can say for me i don't think they delivered, i don't want to say what they promised us but codemasters never promised anything so i can only speak about the led downs since 2012 game, actually now to think about it they only had one decent game which is 2012, and i think people will end up buying this game and will probably put it a side just like what happened with 2013 and 1014 games!

** That is an absolute honest review of the copy that i have, i do not work for codemasers , i have a family member who works there, so again this is my opinion and what i have seen so far, im not telling this a bad game or don't buy the game, the final decision to buy the game or not is yours, this just to give you guys a heads up, CHEERS**

Update about the final release:

*Pretty much everything i posted already missing from the preview build is still missing from the final build

Note about the final release of the game
:
* The frame rate on PS4 seems to be smoother now but still drop and no where near 60 fps when there is too many things going on around you
*The crash system visually is better there is alot of carbon fibre pieces flying around when you crash BUT physically the crash system is still the same system from previous F1 games. you can get away with alot, low to medium crushes wont effect your car that much, heavy crushes dont feel that heavy on the game.... nothing new
*Penalty system still the same exact thing from older F1 games, you can fully cut some corners without any penalties and nearly touching some curves will get you penalized, interacting with the AI is still the same thing , you can get penalized for alot of things because the AI doesn't feel natural.
*No career mode
*No season challenge and No rival system
*No TV interviews (alot of people want it back)
*No online co-op and No split screen
*No champions mode
* No classic content
*No functional safety car (virtual SC or real SC) i pushed and cached all over the place hoping something happens but nothing, IF someone manages to see the virtual SC please report back. (In real life there is almost at least one SC a race)
*The handling and the feel of the car is by no mean a simulation but is improved on
*The joysticks deadzone is minimized BUT its still there, input lag is there but you can get used to it.
* The feedback and the sensation of grip on PS4 controller is pretty good, you can now feel the when the car is sliding or when you are spinning your tyres
*The graphics of the game are a really better than all previous F1 games BUT its no where near real life looks and everything from medium to long distance, everything gets lowered ALOT, again this is on PS4 and probably the same on XBONE as well NOT on PC
*The voice recognition system system seems to be fully working and reasonably good, (You have to be clear and fully audible for the game to recognize it)
*The AI is still bad and scripted, some will probably say its way better but no im sorry the AI is still scripted and wont have too much freedom!
*One more thing that always bothered me in F1 games, when you damage your front win just a little bit, it really doesn't effect the aerodynamics and the handling that much at least in the games, you dont have the option that you can choose to aether keep racing with the old frond win or change and get a new one, in this game just like the previous ones if you damage you front win, the next pit stop they will automatically change it which can coast you the race.
*Just noticed something else, when you have a puncture, everything will be the exact same thing as before, not disintegrating rubber or anything new!

I can keep going but it wont be fair for anyone, i can give you an opinion of someone who got for free and not working for codemasters,
Is the game worth buying: YES
is the game worth 44 bucks: NO, i woudnt pay 10 bucks for it.

Check some links

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3csjd5/do_not_buy_f1_2015/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/286570/discussions/0/537402115080183002/#p1

A decent driver posted a video which he shows what is it all about.

Another review and glitches bugs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75u4TM0ZIU0

Last edited:
Handling wise its not that bad this year. Its just the usual CM game faults that lets it down once again. So basicly absolutely horrible FFB (if you even can call that FFB, feels more like fake rumble to me than something that would actually be tied to physicks). Then there is these numerous glitches, like massive sudden fps drops, game crashing randomly to dekstop without any errors, loosing controller settings at restart and the list goes on. And what on earth is going on with the motion blur? Combined with "cockpit shake" it makes the game looks totally hazy/fussy.

Last edited:
I have had issues with the Logitech profiler and the game is unstable at the moment, but actually did a quick race last night. It is very pick up and play which is fine with me for something simple for a change. It does give a decent approximation of driving a modern F1 car I feel you can get some nice tyre slip going and can feel the torque nicely.

There is too many bugs though, actual content is bare bones and Codies have history of not really supporting their products. I only paid £19.99 so it was still cheaper than taking the Mrs to the cinema and the film being crap and who knows it may improve.

I have had issues with the Logitech profiler and the game is unstable at the moment, but actually did a quick race last night. It is very pick up and play which is fine with me for something simple for a change. It does give a decent approximation of driving a modern F1 car I feel you can get some nice tyre slip going and can feel the torque nicely.

There is too many bugs though, actual content is bare bones and Codies have history of not really supporting their products. I only paid £19.99 so it was still cheaper than taking the Mrs to the cinema and the film being crap and who knows it may improve.
Lol I think you may have just nailed it!!!

Handling wise its not that bad this year. Its just the usual CM game faults that lets it down once again. So basicly absolutely horrible FFB (if you even can call that FFB, feels more like fake rumble to me than something that would actually be tied to physicks). Then there is these numerous glitches, like massive sudden fps drops, game crashing randomly to dekstop without any errors loosing controller settings at restart and the list goes on. And what on earth is going on with the motion blur? Combined with "cockpit shake" it makes the game looks totally hazy/fussy.

Couldn't have said it better, you've hit the nail on the head, this is the exact same faults as I'm getting.

Last edited:
Steve thanks for the in depth information, its a crying shame that the good ole days for codemasters have passed really the best title for me was Toca 2 since then Codies have been on a downward slide for me ..

But its not like it has never happened before history repeats itself once again and we still get sucked in all the hype more fool us

Got my pre-release a month ago on a keys site for £19.99

Steve thanks for the in depth information, its a crying shame that the good ole days for codemasters have passed really the best title for me was Toca 2 since then Codies have been on a downward slide for me ..

But its not like it has never happened before history repeats itself once again and we still get sucked in all the hype more fool us

Got my pre-release a month ago on a keys site for £19.99

You are welcome mate.
dont give up on your copy just yet, modders will fix/upgrade for us :)

A example of the lack of attention to detail with this game is the fact that at Shanghai circuit all the tyre markings on the track are done by one of Eddie Stobarts trucks rather than any series racing there at a GP weekend as they would be on slicks, invariably the tread pattern is on straight as well WTF!

Of6wm1O.jpg

UJFGUvi.jpg

A example of the lack of attention to detail with this game is the fact that at Shanghai circuit all the tyre markings on the track are done by one of Eddie Stobarts trucks rather than any series racing there at a GP weekend as they would be on slicks, invariably the tread pattern is on straight as well WTF!

Of6wm1O.jpg

UJFGUvi.jpg
I bet if you make the next F1 game it will rock my pants :p

Game runs great for me, same as 14. I use gtx680m

Those having frame rate issues, try not using any ultra settings, stick to high. I have a feeling ultra settings are more demanding in 15. Also, I find absolutely no benefit in running msaa aa it only gives you frame drops with no improvement on imagery alone or combined with taa. Taa is perfect solution and smokes the quality of fxaa method. Im very impressed with taa.

I happened to like the motion blur inclusion this year, would have been sensible if codies made an in game setting to switch it off for those who dont, instead of tinkering with xml files.

I happened to hate that this game cannot be modded though. Why not decompress the port? for the community who is keeping this series alive?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 90535

Taa is perfect solution and smokes the quality of fxaa method. Im very impressed with taa.

TXAA makes the image more blurry, MSAA give bigger performance hit but it also provides better image quality (in my opinion). Also the game has very big aliasing issues for me, even SMAA and TXAA combined still leave some jaggies. I hope that they'll implement a better solution or use some better SMAA filter.

TXAA makes the image more blurry, MSAA give bigger performance hit but it also provides better image quality (in my opinion). Also the game has very big aliasing issues for me, even SMAA and TXAA combined still leave some jaggies. I hope that they'll implement a better solution or use some better SMAA filter.
i find taa great for racing games because the car is a still image and the backdrop is moving fast in an f1 car... The nature of taa is blending frames which gives a great sense of motion in my opinion.

I'm enjoying this game quite a lot!!! Yes, FFB has some issues: deadzone, strange problems etc.. but it's a big step forward compared to its predecessors in terms of handling/physics and the A.I. Despite some bugs, this A.I. is definitely the best I've ever seen in a racing game!

P.s. I wonder how many brutal TROLLERS racedepartment has got... they say the absolute opposite regarding of what this game actually is... Do never believe those stupid posts!!! I'm quite sure many of them didn't even play the game...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back