F1 2015 An Honest Opinion About 2015 Game

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Just like F1 2014 game i will try to give you guys a heads up about the new game,
Obviously what i have is a preview build and not the final release but i truly believe that everything i posted here that is missing so far wont be magically included in the final release, AND this is a response to all youtube guys that hyping the game and posting to many videos and about the game but they never actually tell you what really want to know!

Even though the copy i have is preview and work in progress PS4 build, i can post things that i didn't really like and i thought they should have included it in the new game!:

*The big disappointing thing for me is Tyre management still scripted (since 2010), if you lock your brakes there won't be any flat spots on the tyres
*There no fuel management, the only thing you can do is turning your engine down to save fuel. in real life you hear the engineer saying to the driver lift and coast, not just in f1, there is also short shifting., short or long shifting doest effect the fuel, infect the engineer will not say to you anything new that you didn't hear from the previous games
*In my case i couldn't use my wheel because the game just didn't pick it up, but playing with the controller joysticks kind suck and there is a huge dead zone so you never have complete control of your car.
*You cant control the car in the pits (since 2010... seriously) big disappointment, infect you cant do anything while pitting, why not giving the ability to drive through the pit and pit and even have a proper two clutch management.!
*The AI is still bad and heavenly scripted, they will crash into you they will drive according to the racing line all the time, to be honest they better than 1014, they overtake more now, but i still cant understand why there big budget games like this and the AI which is a big deal is not that good!
*There is no clutch, and your engine will not stop... And no launch control start, you still can't control your car in the grid. you cant jump the start.
*The same garage with pretty much the same guys running around. same layouts, but there new tablet screen , you can change things and stuff from it, not really going to say anything about it yet but i actually like it and i like the idea
*The is more setting to change in the setup screen this year even the quick setup section is well developed this year but it won't really be that good for hardcore racers. but how much fuel you add and which tyre you choose on each session is a big step up from previous games
*The voice recognition future doesn't work yet so i cant comment on that. but what i can say its only a specific phrases that have to say to you engineer but you can skip talking and just choose the commands from the screen any why, cool new thing i guess
*The HUD and the speedometer are just in your face and really ugly and boring but i don't think its a big deal!
*Since 2012 game short or long shifting does not really effect the engine that much, or braking to aggressively won't really effect how hot your brakes or how hot your engine !!!
*The same cockpit view and no helmet view
*The damage is not here yet
* In wet conditions if you turn your engine up the car just becomes overpowered compared to AI drivers unlike in dry conditions
*Power unites and ERS are still auto, unlike real life which the driver can change when and how to charge or release the stored power.
*The Mercedes team this year is well over powered, you will will notice it when you play against legend AI, you wont have any problem against them on a Mercedes
*Handling in wet a track is a big let down, its not that different from a dry track, even though you are on the blue tyres you can still take corners almost flat out, and you can push like crazy... i don't honesty understand why
*the graphics on wet wheat is when the game show how the graphics are better than before BUT the big but there is in the screen there almost the same splash system, i usually drive bikes when it is wet and i can see clearly rain drops , grass, dirt , dead bugs on the visor, and everything sticking on your visor will be moving because of the wind effect unlike the game, in the screen you see the same drops and they move really slowly,
*Over all the graphics on the new game engine look better and even though i experienced a lot of frame drops hear and there i think they will fix it, but to be honest the game is not really running at 60 FPS on console (PS4) like they are claiming, hell i watched a couple of youtube vids and people are saying its running perfectly at 60 FPS, that's a lie, maybe they will somehow fix it in the final release but at this point anyone who says otherwise ... its a lie don't listen to them.
*No career mode this year but instead there a pro season which pretty much emulate like practice sessions and on the preview build that i have in pro season you cant change any setting apart from your setups, and you wont have any assists available but i think they will change it in the final release
*Safety car is a rare thing because the AI is not really that smart and as i said they feel to scripted and wont make too many mistakes or wont have problems BUT about the safety car it could be fixed...
*The game still arcade more than a sim so don't listen yo anyone out there saying that its more like a simulation game!!! NO.

* Humm what else ... i can say for me i don't think they delivered, i don't want to say what they promised us but codemasters never promised anything so i can only speak about the led downs since 2012 game, actually now to think about it they only had one decent game which is 2012, and i think people will end up buying this game and will probably put it a side just like what happened with 2013 and 1014 games!

** That is an absolute honest review of the copy that i have, i do not work for codemasers , i have a family member who works there, so again this is my opinion and what i have seen so far, im not telling this a bad game or don't buy the game, the final decision to buy the game or not is yours, this just to give you guys a heads up, CHEERS**

Update about the final release:

*Pretty much everything i posted already missing from the preview build is still missing from the final build

Note about the final release of the game
:
* The frame rate on PS4 seems to be smoother now but still drop and no where near 60 fps when there is too many things going on around you
*The crash system visually is better there is alot of carbon fibre pieces flying around when you crash BUT physically the crash system is still the same system from previous F1 games. you can get away with alot, low to medium crushes wont effect your car that much, heavy crushes dont feel that heavy on the game.... nothing new
*Penalty system still the same exact thing from older F1 games, you can fully cut some corners without any penalties and nearly touching some curves will get you penalized, interacting with the AI is still the same thing , you can get penalized for alot of things because the AI doesn't feel natural.
*No career mode
*No season challenge and No rival system
*No TV interviews (alot of people want it back)
*No online co-op and No split screen
*No champions mode
* No classic content
*No functional safety car (virtual SC or real SC) i pushed and cached all over the place hoping something happens but nothing, IF someone manages to see the virtual SC please report back. (In real life there is almost at least one SC a race)
*The handling and the feel of the car is by no mean a simulation but is improved on
*The joysticks deadzone is minimized BUT its still there, input lag is there but you can get used to it.
* The feedback and the sensation of grip on PS4 controller is pretty good, you can now feel the when the car is sliding or when you are spinning your tyres
*The graphics of the game are a really better than all previous F1 games BUT its no where near real life looks and everything from medium to long distance, everything gets lowered ALOT, again this is on PS4 and probably the same on XBONE as well NOT on PC
*The voice recognition system system seems to be fully working and reasonably good, (You have to be clear and fully audible for the game to recognize it)
*The AI is still bad and scripted, some will probably say its way better but no im sorry the AI is still scripted and wont have too much freedom!
*One more thing that always bothered me in F1 games, when you damage your front win just a little bit, it really doesn't effect the aerodynamics and the handling that much at least in the games, you dont have the option that you can choose to aether keep racing with the old frond win or change and get a new one, in this game just like the previous ones if you damage you front win, the next pit stop they will automatically change it which can coast you the race.
*Just noticed something else, when you have a puncture, everything will be the exact same thing as before, not disintegrating rubber or anything new!

I can keep going but it wont be fair for anyone, i can give you an opinion of someone who got for free and not working for codemasters,
Is the game worth buying: YES
is the game worth 44 bucks: NO, i woudnt pay 10 bucks for it.

Check some links

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3csjd5/do_not_buy_f1_2015/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/286570/discussions/0/537402115080183002/#p1

A decent driver posted a video which he shows what is it all about.

Another review and glitches bugs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75u4TM0ZIU0

Last edited:
He hasn't got any. He tried it on the Codemaster Forum a few weeks back and got laughed out & owned by one of the Developers when he said he has a copy they denied they have even sent them out then :roflmao:

I usually never respond to negative comments but untrue comments like yours are just a personal attack, i dont even have a codmasters profile... thats not true, what the hell are talking about...

FFS give me a link and show me the post i made... what the **** is wrong with you!

I usually never respond to negative comments but untrue comments like yours are just a personal attack, i dont even have a codmasters profile... thats not true, what the hell are talking about...

FFS give me a link and show me the post i made... what the **** is wrong with you!

Care to explain to me how someone whose backed me up that ive never met on the forum is wrong too then (surely we both haven't just seen things and considering you've got no proof which do you think is more likely....Us telling the truth or you lieing :whistling:). Everyone saw it fella play dumb all you want your just making yourself looking stupid every pathetic reply you make :)

Care to explain to me how someone whose backed me up that ive never met on the forum is wrong too then (surely we both haven't just seen things and considering you've got no proof which do you think is more likely....Us telling the truth or you lieing :whistling:). Everyone saw it fella play dumb all you want your just making yourself looking stupid every pathetic reply you make :)

Everything i noted here about the game is 100% true if you dont believe go try the game!

LOL... thats just awesome! who backed you up, what the hell are you talking about!
dude just post a link what ever you are talking about and hands down i'll give you a free copy of the game of your choice (PS4, Xbone, PC)
And i'll give your friend a free copy too!

Dont lie it's not nice

I have seen videos already of people over revving and finishing up their fuel.. having done the handling myself, I wanted to go even more extreme, but, since it still has to please a very large audience that is not exactly a simracer, it is a bit on an easy side the fuel management, and probably the grip (no where near as much as the previous titles tho). All in all I like it and sets a good base for next years. Heck I like it so much, that I signed up for the championship here at RD... and I have never done that before, just because I never liked the previous titles.
It sets a good base for next years,that was said about F1 2014.This was supposed to be the comeback year.I think i'll give this game a rest now,what a shame.

I have to agree that F1 2015 is much better than project cars if you want a Formula game. Pcars looks nice and when patch 1.4 was released it was a bit better than before. But anyway I have nothing bad at all to say about f1 2015 I was worried because all negative comments, but when you think about it which racing game doesn't get a load of complaints about this and that. It seems to be a culture in digital racing to bash new titles, I'm guilty of this myself.
F1 2015 looks great on PC, I don't need anything that looks better because it's miles away from 2014 and there are so much eye candy in form of little things that the crew do etc. It's a totally new game compared to the older titles. Ofc you can still see similarities with some menu screens reminding of older titles, but the feeling of the track and car is very different, and there are big differences in what you can do and can't do.
Only thing I have to complain about would be not to be able to choose 25% race With full quali. but that isn't much to whine about honestly.

I have to agree that F1 2015 is much better than project cars if you want a Formula game. Pcars looks nice and when patch 1.4 was released it was a bit better than before. But anyway I have nothing bad at all to say about f1 2015 I was worried because all negative comments, but when you think about it which racing game doesn't get a load of complaints about this and that. It seems to be a culture in digital racing to bash new titles, I'm guilty of this myself.
F1 2015 looks great on PC, I don't need anything that looks better because it's miles away from 2014 and there are so much eye candy in form of little things that the crew do etc. It's a totally new game compared to the older titles. Ofc you can still see similarities with some menu screens reminding of older titles, but the feeling of the track and car is very different, and there are big differences in what you can do and can't do.
Only thing I have to complain about would be not to be able to choose 25% race With full quali. but that isn't much to whine about honestly.

Funny how people in here ****ing on PCars, I think it's actually a very solid title. Career mode is fun and multiplayer too, my only complaint is it's hard to find an Openwheel lobby online, and just generally it's hard to find a game.

IMO if 2015 has a solid online experience I can live with it; I couldn't play 2014 on PC because of a NAT issue meaning I could never find a lobby. Never had that issue on PC in 2012/13 or on Xbox 10/11. I'm sad no career and some of the other settings issues seem stupid but that's stuff you just skip by when you are playing online.

Funny how people in here ****ing on PCars, I think it's actually a very solid title. Career mode is fun and multiplayer too, my only complaint is it's hard to find an Openwheel lobby online, and just generally it's hard to find a game.

IMO if 2015 has a solid online experience I can live with it; I couldn't play 2014 on PC because of a NAT issue meaning I could never find a lobby. Never had that issue on PC in 2012/13 or on Xbox 10/11. I'm sad no career and some of the other settings issues seem stupid but that's stuff you just skip by when you are playing online.

I'm not bashing Pcars , it was really buggy that's just a fact. Only thing I said was that after 1.4 it got a bit better. Pcars is okey and for people who do enjoy it I would guess it's great. I myself really have issues with how the road cars feel, compared to other games I just haven't got a good feeling for them. But that's just my opinion, I think they did a pretty good job all around, but it's not fun personally to drive open cockpit class when there isn't any official teams, okey, it was fun until I got up to tier 2 with F A, then it became really boring but that's just my opinion, I really liked Formula rookie and F C I think was most fun.

And regarding multiplayer I haven't tried it on Pcars but I really enjoy single player more. Have never been much for playing with others. More than back lets say, 15- years ago perhaps? taking your computer to a LAN. Playing with people you know who is there IRL . ^^

ive tried Pcars and F1 15 on both ps4 and pc lately.
Pcars imo is pretty good on both platforms and has started the ps4 with some kind of GT series replacement for now.
f1 15 was terrible on the ps4 for mine, but im loving it on the PC at present. Not overly happy with the Career options vs 14, but as far as driving the cars and racing the AI im really happy for now, bugs n all.
$55 for me Aus (US $55,000) and well worth it for the base.
Surely they can use their old licenses to develop a multi year career mode from 2010 or something?

also waiting on MOD options again the most value comes from the modding community stretching the game out for 12 months .

I've already had much more fun playing F1 2015 in a few hours than I did "trying" to play pcars for days...

The AI is heads and shoulders above pcars on all levels, most battles with the AI in F1 2015 are epic and give me the thrill of racing like never before, a MASSIVE step up from previous iterations at the very least...

A solid "platform" to build on, lets hope they keep up with the promised updates/patches..

I've been playing racing games for 25 years so I like to think I know what I'm talking about!

I'm looking forward to when the modders crack it too :thumbsup:

FWIW I spent at least 12 hours just trying to get that horrible game of pcars to work graphically/physically with very limited success, waited months for patches which didn't work as promised... In the end it sucked balls, waste of money and time, which are both limited resources to me ...

No game is perfect (unfortunately!) and both games are guilty of releasing bugged/unfinished products, at least F1 2015 had a day one patch that fixed/updated many bugs/issues...

Pcars was/is a beta at best where as F1 2015 is much, much closer to a finished game.

Also, it helps that their head of department isn't a complete douche canoe who dismisses and/or bans anyone with a legit complaint ... :rolleyes:

I've already had much more fun playing F1 2015 in a few hours than I did "trying" to play pcars for days...

The AI is heads and shoulders above pcars on all levels, most battles with the AI in F1 2015 are epic and give me the thrill of racing like never before, a MASSIVE step up from previous iterations at the very least...

A solid "platform" to build on, lets hope they keep up with the promised updates/patches..

I've been playing racing games for 25 years so I like to think I know what I'm talking about!

FWIW I spent at least 12 hours just trying to get that horrible game of pcars to work graphically/physically with very limited success, waited months for patches which didn't work as promised... In the end it sucked balls, waste of money and time, which are both limited resources to me ...

No game is perfect (unfortunately!) and both games are guilty of releasing bugged/unfinished products, at least F1 2015 had a day one patch that fixed/updated many bugs/issues...

Pcars was/is a beta at best where as F1 2015 is much, much closer to a finished game.

Also, it helps that their head of department isn't a complete douche canoe who dismisses and/or bans anyone with a legit complaint ... :rolleyes:
DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll discount your post as bias as frankly Pcars wasn't really that buggy, atleast on console. I know a bunch of people got caught out by the DOR because if you set it outside the game it broke the FFB, but since the latest patch it's great.

Anyways I didn't mean it as a competition, I think it's plain to see that the F1 game modes etc. is just so stripped back in comparison. But I will only use Pro Season, TT and online so I'm good.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%