AMS2 Ultrawide settings

• Deleted member 197115

I have a 49 inch Samsung 5120 x 1440 monitor, and i can't say i suffer any distortion or warping.

I posted in the below forum, which has a link to the calculator i have used - that factors in the curve of various monitors.
(Post #9)

How well that spreadsheet numbers worked for you?
I've tried to use it myself on G9 a while back, but the view was grossly off comparing to dialed for UHW triple screen mode in AC, R3E, or even ACC.

I almost canceled my order for the Odyssey G9 as Samsung had the 49" CRG9 for $663 USD today, but I really wanted the 1000R curve.

Last edited:
How well that spreadsheet numbers worked for you?
I've tried to use it myself on G9 a while back, but the view was grossly off comparing to dialed for UHW triple screen mode in AC, R3E, or even ACC.
It works really well for me personally.
I dont really experience any warping or distortion.

I understand i cannot speak for absolutely everyone. But i dont have any issues.

I have a 49 inch Samsung 5120 x 1440 monitor, and i can't say i suffer any distortion or warping.

I posted in the below forum, which has a link to the calculator i have used - that factors in the curve of various monitors.
(Post #9)

Your info was spot on. I received my monitor today, and the calculator worked great. I had no issues at all getting AMS2 to work with my G9. It is as good, if not better, than I had hopped. Your help was greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

It works really well for me personally.
I dont really experience any warping or distortion.

I understand i cannot speak for absolutely everyone. But i dont have any issues.
It is not warping or distortion, without proper projection compensation or triple screen support you will experience it regardless of FOV (if it doesn't bother you doesn't mean the image is not stretched on the sides).
It's the scale that was off comparing to what I see with ACC, AC, R3E with proper triple screen support when dialed numbers for G9.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not warping or distortion, without proper projection compensation or triple screen support you will experience it regardless of FOV (if it doesn't bother you doesn't mean the image is not stretched on the sides).
It's was the scale that was off comparing to what I see with ACC, AC, R3E with proper triple screen support when dialed numbers for G9.
Yeah,
Like you say - there must be some level of warping/distortion. But no where near the level of ACC etc. I dont really notice it.

I would like to see games factor this in, as Iracing has also

• Deleted member 197115

But no where near the level of ACC etc.
I am not using any compensation in either and distortion at the same actual FOV (one is vertical, another horizontal) is the same.
Not really sure how and why you are getting different results when both titles use the same single projection rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,
Like you say - there must be some level of warping/distortion. But no where near the level of ACC etc. I dont really notice it.

I would like to see games factor this in, as Iracing has also
I too noticed ACC was much worse than AMS 2 by default. However, I was able to adjust the projection setting in ACC and get it close to matching AMS 2. Both are a joy on the G9 after using the settings from your link, and playing with projection in ACC.

• Deleted member 197115

I have an ultrawide and never had any issues with it.
Mine is 3440x1440, I am not sure if it's considered "Ultra" or not, but it was the widest I could find in my price range. I bought it a bit over a year ago (maybe 2 by now?) and I don't recall having to do anything with Automobilista 2. iRacing was more of a chore (Still is. The interface is still narrow while when I first set it up was as wide as the game. Not sure what I did wrong). ACC just worked fine too.
I'll be happy to screenshot my settings if that helps, although these days I only race a couple of times a week, so it may take me a while to get back here.
Hi I would appreciate if i could see your settings I'm having issues with my 3440x1440 screens, every other game ok ams2 not so, my screens line up in menu, but in game they are out of line

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back