AMS2 SteamVR ReShade [OpenVR Only]

The latest updates by the ReShade devs and fholger to get ReShade working on many SteamVR titles got a lot of people excited and results were very good where it worked. Unfortunately it wasn't working for AMS2 so I did some debugging and hacked together support for AMS2 (and possibly PC2 as well).

This is in no way an official build. I am not affiliated with the ReShade project. The code has been submitted to their git repo so hopefully there will be better support for when an official VR release is done.

The version provided here is an early alpha release that merges the latest git reshade code with fholgers VR updates and my AMS2 fixes. As such it should be treated with care and may break things. You have been warned!

One issue is that once you exit AMS2 you'll need to restart SteamVR to be able to play another VR game.

I've included a few shaders that seem to be promising - CAS / SMAA / FXAA. There is no depth buffer support in this build so depth related effects in SMAA or other shaders can't be used.

A combination of CAS with SMAA and low MSAA seems to work fairly well for me. This will probably depend on how how you have sharpening in graphicsconfigopenvrdx11.xml.

You can toggle the effects using the END key, and access the ReShade interface on the monitor using the HOME key.

To install it unzip the package to Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\

Package can be found here.

Last edited:
Hi
it works. But I have black artifacts in the sky. I am running orginal graphicsconfigopenvrd11.xml. Do u know what is causing that? G2 and stock install of ams2.

I don't get any artifacts like that. What graphics card do you have?

You could try disabling SMAA and reducing the sharpening strength of CAS.

I've attached my graphics config that you could try, you'll need to rename the extension from txt to xml.

Attachments

• graphicsconfigopenvrdx11.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 125
Hi!

Thanks for providing this it works great! I had the weird graphical anomaly as well. Turning off the AA in reshade and changing the settings to the default values provided by fholger fixed the issue and it looks amazing! I attached of pic of the settings I used.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• AMS2.jpg
    AMS2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Hi!

Thanks for providing this it works great! I had the weird graphical anomaly as well. Turning off the AA in reshade and changing the settings to the default values provided by fholger fixed the issue and it looks amazing! I attached of pic of the settings I used.

Thanks again!
How do you open the reshader settings in game?

I am an Idiot - Home key

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%