AMS2 HUD

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Perhaps if you explain what you mean by "skinny", I might be able to offer an opinion. :unsure:

passenger

100RPM
Jul 6, 2019
I suppose he means small, narrow. What I miss though, is the pedas and FFB meters - haven't seen it yet in any of the video clips you guys have posted so far...

passenger

100RPM
Jul 6, 2019
Oh well, maybe they don't use/like it... I for one can't live without these meters in any Sim now - their info is essential for me.

Oct 31, 2008
@Goffik I don't feel like driving with all that stuff on my screen, how the hell am i suppose to see the track and other cars?
The pedal and ffb meters would be nice to have

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
@Goffik I don't feel like driving with all that stuff on my screen, how the hell am i suppose to see the track and other cars?
The pedal and ffb meters would be nice to have
Assuming you still have the default controls set, press d-pad left to enable the telemetry HUD, then press d-pad DOWN to cycle the widgets. You can drive with just the input and FFB meters visible.

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
For whatever reason, this layout cycle control is not listed in the bindings. Also, if you bind something else to d-pad down, you can never again cycle the widgets unless you reset your controller profile. You can't access it at all if you happen to be using a custom controller profile rather than one of the defaults. :O_o:

Hopefully they'll give us access to all bindings soon, because I don't actually want ICC and HUD controls on my hat switch at all...

Reactions: Nuno Pinheiro

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
It's just not part of the telemetry HUD, presumably because they don't expect you to be racing while tweaking FFB etc. But we don't have the ability to tweak the telemetry HUD with the editor yet. Once we do you'll probably be able to enable it.

passenger

100RPM
Jul 6, 2019
They should allow editing of the HUD so the basic tachometer/speedometer could be expanded
with the pedals input and FFB meters graphic, and any other combos the user wants to add or
remove.

Reactions: BrunoB

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
They probably will, but most user interface parts are not even close to finished yet. You can look into the files to see all the widgets that we should have but currently don't. That includes an expanded motec, among other things. They also haven't even fixed the HUD editor for VR users despite the issue existing since the editor was enabled, so this clearly hasn't reached the top of their to-do list yet.

passenger

100RPM
Jul 6, 2019
Yeah, hopefully they will. If they could add in the future some kind of app system like AC has, with so many HUD options and features, it would be awsome and people would love it.

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
Jun 18, 2013
For whatever reason, this layout cycle control is not listed in the bindings. Also, if you bind something else to d-pad down, you can never again cycle the widgets unless you reset your controller profile. You can't access it at all if you happen to be using a custom controller profile rather than one of the defaults. :O_o:

Hopefully they'll give us access to all bindings soon, because I don't actually want ICC and HUD controls on my hat switch at all...
I don't have a D pad. :(

chemic

1RPM
Mar 2, 2020
Is there a possibility to add a "minimap" to the HUB? For tracknewbie like me it would be very helpful (I know that IRL doesn't have minimap.. so it makes sense it's missing) :)

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Is there a possibility to add a "minimap" to the HUB?
A minimap should already be part of the "Full" HUD. Try cycling through them all to make sure you're using the right one. If you still don't see one, go to the HUD editor in the pause menu, and click on the trackmap (top-right corner by default). You should get an option to switch it on.

If none of that works, it'll be because the track you're on doesn't have a track map yet. I know Imola and a few others were missing a few patches ago, don't know if they've finished adding them all yet.

chemic

1RPM
Mar 2, 2020
A minimap should already be part of the "Full" HUD. Try cycling through them all to make sure you're using the right one. If you still don't see one, go to the HUD editor in the pause menu, and click on the trackmap (top-right corner by default). You should get an option to switch it on.

If none of that works, it'll be because the track you're on doesn't have a track map yet. I know Imola and a few others were missing a few patches ago, don't know if they've finished adding them all yet.
Thanks, I'll look into it!