AMS2. FFB Profile Choice.

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Which FFB profile do you use?
If different from Default, please specify (if possible) the reason you prefer the Custom one and what in your opinion is missing/wrong in Reiza's implementation.

Thanks

• Deleted member 197115

Normal behavior would be just clip at max gain and not to cause runaway signal spike.
Kunos were able to manage that in both titles just as a number of other sims.

Hmm. Maybe it was fixed a while back and I didn't notice its absence? I'll watch for it, but that would be good if so.
I'm not sure if it's a driver thing or actually in the sim, but my budget simagic alpha mini has a little ramp up period when the FFB starts, which is most noticable if you pause the game somewhere like mid corner. After unpausing, the force builds up over a second or two back to its original level. I'm going to try another sim when I'm next on my rig to check.

Guys, im at a lose of late.
When they started updating some of the cars with 1.3.xV the ffb was starting to feel great!
Since 1.4v it has gotten progressively worse in regards to tire detail on my end.
Ive lost all the amazing tire detail, prior I could feel the tires building heat and progressing to the limit, slipage and I could distinguish what side of the vehicle bumps were coming from.

Now, I have very little tire detail, grip is an on/off switch which gets heavier than goes light, vehicles feel floaty and disconnected, theres a constant centering spring, all the bumps feel canned and are coming from the center of the wheel, alot the cars feel like im driving a 3 wheel trike.
The only real tire feedback I get is when I spin the tire scrub effect kicks in and curbs which again all comes fro the center of the wheel.

This was on the release candidate....ive yet to try todays update.

Thrustmaster TX drivers upto date
Control panel
75/100/100/100

Ingame:
Ive tried default and default +
60/10/40/50
Latest rfuktor file even feels different in regards to tire detail.

Ive deleted the custom ffb file, user profile, checked the integrity of files in steam, windows is upto date.

Is there any other files I should delete or anyone got any suggestions?

Ive seen a few other posts on the Reiza forms of users having a similar issue with feel.....could a bug have popped up?
I had similar issues in PC1 & PC2 during the betas.

Cheers

You might have already tried this, but I have ended up using the default custom file. Basically, delete/rename any you have and then fire up the game. It doesn't have the slip/lockup FX, but I have some small pucks on my seat for that, so it seems to work quite well for me atm. I found Default ok, but it has some distracting rumble and suffers from a sort of positive feedback on my setup that put me off

I'm not sure if it's a driver thing or actually in the sim, but my budget simagic alpha mini has a little ramp up period when the FFB starts, which is most noticable if you pause the game somewhere like mid corner. After unpausing, the force builds up over a second or two back to its original level. I'm going to try another sim when I'm next on my rig to check.

Yes, a soft start, implemented relatively recently. I notice it when exiting from the pit area at the start of a run.

I was used to the sudden start, and soft actually throws me off. Like I wonder if it's fully on yet? I think people would want the car to remain fully simulated during and after a crash, though maybe a "safe mode" option would be appreciated by some.

• Deleted member 197115

Simucube is the same

Guys, im at a lose of late.
When they started updating some of the cars with 1.3.xV the ffb was starting to feel great!
Since 1.4v it has gotten progressively worse in regards to tire detail on my end.
Ive lost all the amazing tire detail, prior I could feel the tires building heat and progressing to the limit, slipage and I could distinguish what side of the vehicle bumps were coming from.

Now, I have very little tire detail, grip is an on/off switch which gets heavier than goes light, vehicles feel floaty and disconnected, theres a constant centering spring, all the bumps feel canned and are coming from the center of the wheel, alot the cars feel like im driving a 3 wheel trike.
The only real tire feedback I get is when I spin the tire scrub effect kicks in and curbs which again all comes fro the center of the wheel.

This was on the release candidate....ive yet to try todays update.

Thrustmaster TX drivers upto date
Control panel
75/100/100/100

Ingame:
Ive tried default and default +
60/10/40/50
Latest rfuktor file even feels different in regards to tire detail.

Ive deleted the custom ffb file, user profile, checked the integrity of files in steam, windows is upto date.

Ive seen a few other posts on the Reiza forms of users having a similar issue with feel.....could a bug have popped up?
I had similar issues in PC1 & PC2 during the betas.

Cheers
The FFB has not changed in any significant manner between 1.3 and 1.4. What has changed are many other things that might have resulted in some corruption to your set-ups or other elements in the game. Check progress after each step and stop if resolved:

1) Do a Steam files integrity check

2) Reset set-ups to default (one at a time in the garage set-up screen, or globally by deleting the vehiclesetups folder from your AMS 2 Documents folder)

3) Delete all custom FFB files (temporarily) which forces the game to create new default ones. Use Default or Default+ profile (at least temporarily) as a test. Some modification to FFB sliders may be warranted compared to what you were using previously. The optimal FFB slider settings for the in-built profiles and the most popular custom file are NOT the same.

4) Delete the entire Automobilista 2 folder from your Documents (which will require setting up controllers and all other game options from scratch, so don't do it except as a last resort)

I have experienced the "3 wheel trike" effect you mentioned above--but only on an individual vehicle basis and doing step 2 in the game garage screen solved it for me. The other steps are there for more serious problems and are what have reportedly worked for others. The most likely scenario are tire and other physics updates that have occurred that do not work well with older set-ups "stuck" in the Madness workings. For whatever reason, there have been issues with all Madness titles refreshing default set-ups. This can be a larger issue when the dev is performing physics updates to the vast majority of vehicles in the game repeatedly.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years