AMS2 Beta Now Live | Development Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed the future development plans for Automobilista 2 in their latest 'Development Roadmap' posting.

As many of you will already know, the full 'version 1' build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 is set to release this March 2020. For those of us who backed the original Reiza Simracing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign above level 5, or purchased one of the many early access packs for the simulation - this Friday 28th will mark our first opportunity to lay hands on the new racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

With plenty of hunger from the community to learn more about what's in store both short and long term for the new title, Reiza Studios have released their latest roadmap posting giving gamers plenty of ideas about what we have to look forward to in the months ahead:

So it´s finally there! AMS2 Beta has now been released to Backers as we enter the final month of development before Automobilista 2 is officially release on March 31st - we are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time
:)

In this final stretch we can finally begin sharing a little more not only about what the plans are for release, but also going forward - let´s get to it.

Beta Available - Proceed With Caution
So the first build of AMS2 Beta has been deployed - always a big satisfaction and relief to reach this milestone.

Although the gameplay, content and general functionality of the Beta builds should be pretty representative of what its release state will be like, the game is very evidently unfinished - there is a lot still to be a lot bolted on over the coming weeks.

With the imminent release of AMS2 Beta we´ve had a huge influx of new people through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign over the past couple of weeks. While it´s great to see the interest in AMS2 - and the revenue boost this late in development is by no means unwelcome - we do want to stress that this is still an unfinished Game: there are bugs, compatibility issues with certain hardware, missing features and other such rough edges still to be ironed out. If you are looking for a seamless user experience we strongly recommend you hold out until March 31st when the game will be officially released.

Automobilista 2 FAQ
There's been a lot of questions posed over AMS2 development and we are finally at a point we feel we can offer reliable answers - check our AMS2 FAQ here. More will be added in the coming days.

Cars & Tracks - What's In So Far
Looking to give a bit more insight into the game and what it will feature, we have started this All Cars & Tracks topic showing all the content featuring in the current build of the game.

Please observe that the artwork illustrates cars and tracks which are present in the game now - not what there will be on release and beyond. We will continue to update it as we progress through the next BETA builds and continue on from release onwards.

Development Roadmap - To Release ad Beyond
As we´ve been regularly stressing in these dev updates, AMS2 is a long term project - the release next month will see development pick up even more pace as we enter and aggressive development plan that will see game updates along with new cars and tracks released in a monthly basis.

To give you all a glimpse of how things are going to pan out, here is what´s on store for the first 3 months following release:

AMS2 Roadmap.jpg

Upon release we hope to be in position to expand our public roadmap to cover the initial 6 months - that´s when things get really interesting
:)

We will continue to provide this foresight at least until the end of 2020 so users can have an idea about whats coming and when.- with the obvious caveat that roadmaps aren´t set in stone and things can always move around or change slightly.

Early Backer Campaign Wraps February 29th.

AMS 2 Header.jpg

As previously announced, the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will close tomorrow 23:59 GMT. You will still be able to buy the combo of AMS2 + AMS2 Beta + AMS2 Season Pass for US$ 119.99 through our forum store, but the discounts for old backers and other perks from the EBC will no longer be included.

Pricing for the base game on relase has been confirmed @ US$49.99, bumped vs previously suggested US$ 39.99 as considerable additional base game content has now been confirmed.

In order to keep it a bit more affordable for early buyers, we have decided to launch AMS2 with a 20% discount over the first week from release, so at least for a little while the pricing will be inside the original plan.

That´s all for this month - it´s been a thrilling (and exhausting!) ride to this point and we are happy to finally be able to share with you a little more about where we are going with AMS2 - exciting times ahead!

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 will launch March 2020, with beta access starting February 28th.

Got questions about the sim? Be sure to start up a thread in the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum and let our awesome community be your guide!

AMS 2 Roadmap 1.jpg

Last edited:
Of course no need to rush: beta is just out, and may things need to be polished. But exciting at the same time: I feel it is in the same steps as GSC and AMS1, ready to go a lot further. When I think about my first laps in AMS1, I remember I was blown away how good it felt and looked compare to their previous game; and look how much they improved it through its lifespan, but still how dated it looks compare to other games.
They have a great base, and what a roadmap ahead! Nice to see a developer sharing so much infos beforehand. Given their past records I'm pretty sure they'll deliver most of these, exciting time coming! I'm very optimistic with the outcome. :)

Also looking forward to some video reviews. Well, I will buy it for sure just waiting for full price :)
Didn't see anything yet but I'm sure that 3 month longer waiting will pay off.

the price is ridiculous for a game with no career, a p2p multiplayer system like pcars 2 and a car list which most ppl have never heard of

then the massive dlc paywall they are putting on it, this is a solid nope for me
50 Bucks isn't ridiculous. Well, its not small price, okay, but they are small studio and they proved they can deliver the value. Car list which most ppl have never heard of... Isn't that positive? It's great mix of well known and lesser known categories and tracks, it's nice to explore new horizons :cool: And believe me some cars are amazingly fun and joy to drive. Who wants still same McLaren at Spa again and again? Go Reiza! :thumbsup:

50 Bucks isn't ridiculous. Well, its not small price, okay, but they are small studio and they proved they can deliver the value. Car list which most ppl have never heard of... Isn't that positive? It's great mix of well known and lesser known categories and tracks, it's nice to explore new horizons :cool: And believe me some cars are amazingly fun and joy to drive. Who wants still same McLaren at Spa again and again? Go Reiza! :thumbsup:

That and the game will be regularly updated for at least the next 3 years, with the dedication that Reiza is known for. The initial release in 1 month is just the beginning really and will surely not be perfect.

Last edited:
99$ for season pass sounds expensive, but it's 2 years of DLC content, and Renato said the several expansion packs will be like "games within a game", and thus priced accordingly.

As for the Beta, as GameMuscle already has published a video, I guess I'm allowed to say something... As my first impressions are exclusively positive, they won't harm the game :D (and are truthful opinions, no fanboyism here):

- FFB feels great. It's the AMS force feedback! What a relief. Nothing like pCars 2
- Same goes for physics. Feels familiar from AMS so far, haven't tested all cars though
- Graphics look stunning. The trees look very convincing, and they move in the wind, even when they are 2D
- All lighting conditions seem to look natural, compared to pCars 2 where it was very mixed bag
- Performance seems super slick. VR runs extremely well, compared to some (all?) competitors
- UI is intuitive and easy to navigate compared to AMS1
- Sound is similar or better than AMS1. None of those crappy pCars 2 sound traits to be heard
- Yes it's a beta, some features are missing. But it's very strong already

Basically, they took the only thing from pCars 2 that was good (visuals and VR), improved it, improved performance, trashed everything else and replaced with glorious Reiza physics. This sim will become popular..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline