AMS2 Beta Now Live | Development Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed the future development plans for Automobilista 2 in their latest 'Development Roadmap' posting.

As many of you will already know, the full 'version 1' build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 is set to release this March 2020. For those of us who backed the original Reiza Simracing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign above level 5, or purchased one of the many early access packs for the simulation - this Friday 28th will mark our first opportunity to lay hands on the new racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

With plenty of hunger from the community to learn more about what's in store both short and long term for the new title, Reiza Studios have released their latest roadmap posting giving gamers plenty of ideas about what we have to look forward to in the months ahead:

So it´s finally there! AMS2 Beta has now been released to Backers as we enter the final month of development before Automobilista 2 is officially release on March 31st - we are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time
:)

In this final stretch we can finally begin sharing a little more not only about what the plans are for release, but also going forward - let´s get to it.

Beta Available - Proceed With Caution
So the first build of AMS2 Beta has been deployed - always a big satisfaction and relief to reach this milestone.

Although the gameplay, content and general functionality of the Beta builds should be pretty representative of what its release state will be like, the game is very evidently unfinished - there is a lot still to be a lot bolted on over the coming weeks.

With the imminent release of AMS2 Beta we´ve had a huge influx of new people through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign over the past couple of weeks. While it´s great to see the interest in AMS2 - and the revenue boost this late in development is by no means unwelcome - we do want to stress that this is still an unfinished Game: there are bugs, compatibility issues with certain hardware, missing features and other such rough edges still to be ironed out. If you are looking for a seamless user experience we strongly recommend you hold out until March 31st when the game will be officially released.

Automobilista 2 FAQ
There's been a lot of questions posed over AMS2 development and we are finally at a point we feel we can offer reliable answers - check our AMS2 FAQ here. More will be added in the coming days.

Cars & Tracks - What's In So Far
Looking to give a bit more insight into the game and what it will feature, we have started this All Cars & Tracks topic showing all the content featuring in the current build of the game.

Please observe that the artwork illustrates cars and tracks which are present in the game now - not what there will be on release and beyond. We will continue to update it as we progress through the next BETA builds and continue on from release onwards.

Development Roadmap - To Release ad Beyond
As we´ve been regularly stressing in these dev updates, AMS2 is a long term project - the release next month will see development pick up even more pace as we enter and aggressive development plan that will see game updates along with new cars and tracks released in a monthly basis.

To give you all a glimpse of how things are going to pan out, here is what´s on store for the first 3 months following release:

AMS2 Roadmap.jpg

Upon release we hope to be in position to expand our public roadmap to cover the initial 6 months - that´s when things get really interesting
:)

We will continue to provide this foresight at least until the end of 2020 so users can have an idea about whats coming and when.- with the obvious caveat that roadmaps aren´t set in stone and things can always move around or change slightly.

Early Backer Campaign Wraps February 29th.

AMS 2 Header.jpg

As previously announced, the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will close tomorrow 23:59 GMT. You will still be able to buy the combo of AMS2 + AMS2 Beta + AMS2 Season Pass for US$ 119.99 through our forum store, but the discounts for old backers and other perks from the EBC will no longer be included.

Pricing for the base game on relase has been confirmed @ US$49.99, bumped vs previously suggested US$ 39.99 as considerable additional base game content has now been confirmed.

In order to keep it a bit more affordable for early buyers, we have decided to launch AMS2 with a 20% discount over the first week from release, so at least for a little while the pricing will be inside the original plan.

That´s all for this month - it´s been a thrilling (and exhausting!) ride to this point and we are happy to finally be able to share with you a little more about where we are going with AMS2 - exciting times ahead!

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 will launch March 2020, with beta access starting February 28th.

Got questions about the sim? Be sure to start up a thread in the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum and let our awesome community be your guide!

AMS 2 Roadmap 1.jpg

Last edited:
It´s scheduled for release on March 31st - I´d guess you´re on Asian or Oceania time zone in which case it would be April 1st for you.

If that´s the case I assure it´s no April fools´ joke ;)
All I can say is that is what Steam has on their Steam application ;

"Automobilista 2 once again puts you in the driving seat of an advanced and diverse racing simulator - now with incredible graphical quality, high-profile cars and tracks, advanced dynamic track condition system and VR support.
ALL REVIEWS:
No user reviews
RELEASE DATE:
Apr 2020
DEVELOPER:
Reiza Studios
PUBLISHER:
Reiza Studios"

This game is not yet available on Steam
Planned Release Date: April 2020

You are the developer, so I will take your word that it will be March 31st .

All I can say is that is what Steam has on their Steam application ;

"Automobilista 2 once again puts you in the driving seat of an advanced and diverse racing simulator - now with incredible graphical quality, high-profile cars and tracks, advanced dynamic track condition system and VR support.
ALL REVIEWS:
No user reviews
RELEASE DATE:
Apr 2020
DEVELOPER:
Reiza Studios
PUBLISHER:
Reiza Studios"

This game is not yet available on Steam
Planned Release Date: April 2020

You are the developer, so I will take your word that it will be March 31st .
Hey, i'm from germany and it says march 2020 here, so it's the region, that is playing games with the games release :)

I still don't quite have a complete feel for it yet, but I've got a bit more wheel time under my belt. My impression? It feels like a really cleaned up PC2 to me (in terms of physics/FFB...even in beta, the consistency/quality of the content is already well ahead of PC2 IMO).

PC2 FFB suffers from an extreme lack of understeer feedback on corner entry (which is kind of irritating, considering I would think that would be the easiest and most obvious part of the FFB to get right). Through mid corner and corner exit, in the right car, I think PC2 is pretty decent. Some (though strangely enough, not all) cars in PC2 have some really obnoxious behavior where the car seems to be rotating around some imaginary point at the center, almost like a furniture dolly effect. That and the lack of corner entry feel is what keeps me from even considering firing up PC2 at this stage.

Now, to contrast AMS2. I've watched like a hawk for the "furniture dolly" effect and have yet to find a car that exhibits that feel to be. Big thumbs up there. Cars feel ok at mid corner, but I think corner exit feel is really good. The higher power cars really want to dance on corner exit and I find some pedal modulating and a touch of counter steer being called for. Another big thumbs up there.

Corner entry is my big point of concern at the moment. It's only a beta and Reiza has more than earned my trust and patience but, just because this was such a hot button annoyance for me in PC2, I'm definitely dialed in on this particular aspect. I'm not getting the wheel going "soft" on me in corner entry understeer situations like I'd like. I'm finding myself relying on visual clues.

SimBin/Sector3 was/is the king here - I think they do the "uh oh, front tires aren't biting feel" very well. AC and AMS1 are also quite good IMO. AMS2 as it currently sits in beta is not quite there for me. But, again, I'm still getting my legs under me and, again, it's beta. Just offering up my honest impressions.

Trees look better, tarmac look better, clouds look better.

Cars with liveries look great and i like mono type races so it's ok for me. (monochrome cars need liveries too)

Can't wait to try the ultima GTR on all these new brazilian tracks.:)

If it was possible for 50 bucks i will buy the beta. :D

Last edited:
Trees look better, tarmac look better, clouds look better.

Cars with liveries look great and i like mono type races so it's ok for me. (monochrome cars need liveries too)

Can't wait to try the ultima GTR on all these new brazilian tracks.:)

If it was possible for 50 bucks i will buy the beta. :D
The Ultima GTR is quite amazing ;) You wont be disappointed !! Tree are better tarmac is better but not so sure about the clouds...but i know they are still being looked into . Liveries can definitely use some love but i know many of us have made skins already and they will be in game soon .

Its only money mate , you will earn more and also once its spent you will never think about those notes again ;)

Beta phase 2 should start tomorrow, 17 GMT. (Always could be delayed though, as thing is with Betas)

What it supposedly contains (Subject to delay/change, naturally)

- Multiplayer support (with weekly test servers)
- More HUD options
- Car setups screen, to edit setups
- Probably some fixes / tweaks into reported bugs
- Something other, who knows. I've heard that Trucks are being added, was it Beta 2 not sure

Every week something in AMS2 to look forward to, up until release.

Well i imagine Ian Bell will be laughing...
Yes. I think he will be laughing. AMS2 will perhaps be no better than what Ian did years ago with PCars 2. Maybe it will on some accounts, but this is all pretty crazy when you think about it. A new game on a PCars 2 engine that looks just like PCars 2 and has all the same features that PCars 2 had already years ago. My my. What will they thing of next? I know. Delete this post also, because I'm trolling, right?

On any video reviews I've watched, I noticed the car details is rather low? like they are LOD B or C? Tracks and weather look descent though. Sounds seems better than PC2 to my relieve!

Yes. I think he will be laughing. AMS2 will perhaps be no better than what Ian did years ago with PCars 2. Maybe it will on some accounts, but this is all pretty crazy when you think about it. A new game on a PCars 2 engine that looks just like PCars 2 and has all the same features that PCars 2 had already years ago. My my. What will they thing of next? I know. Delete this post also, because I'm trolling, right?

Question: have you access to the beta?
AMS2 is better in many aspects already than PCars2 ever was.
And we’re talking about a beta, released one week ago.

I can’t tell on which planet you live but the weather got to be mind bending there.

A new game on a PCars 2 engine that looks just like PCars 2 and has all the same features that PCars 2 had already years ago. My my. What will they thing of next? I know. Delete this post also, because I'm trolling, right?
Yes, looks the same. Feels nothing like PCars 2. You're comparing things you saw on video, without experiencing it. Like saying you have seen war, because you saw some on the evening news

Yes it looks good like PCars 2 did (but runs better) that's why the engine was chosen? To look good. The track and vehicle content is completely different, physics and FFB (the heart of a sim) are completely different. Borrowing your friends fancy clothes doesn't make you that person

And what "features" a racing sim is supposed to have then? Invent some fictional motorsport disciplines, so that you can have "unique gameplay modes"? pCars 2 had pretty extensive features, but good physics and FFB are what make a sim. Which it didn't have

Last edited:
Just clarifying: Reiza is using the Madness engine from SMS, which is not just the graphics, but physics as well, for example tyre model etc. SMS, and Reiza, have continously improved the engine since the last patch for PC2. Reiza have praised the engines physics simulation, for example tyre model. Of course, since Reiza is free to input their own values into the engine, the end result will probably differ in a number of areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%