AMS2 Beta Now Live | Development Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed the future development plans for Automobilista 2 in their latest 'Development Roadmap' posting.

As many of you will already know, the full 'version 1' build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 is set to release this March 2020. For those of us who backed the original Reiza Simracing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign above level 5, or purchased one of the many early access packs for the simulation - this Friday 28th will mark our first opportunity to lay hands on the new racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

With plenty of hunger from the community to learn more about what's in store both short and long term for the new title, Reiza Studios have released their latest roadmap posting giving gamers plenty of ideas about what we have to look forward to in the months ahead:

So it´s finally there! AMS2 Beta has now been released to Backers as we enter the final month of development before Automobilista 2 is officially release on March 31st - we are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time
:)

In this final stretch we can finally begin sharing a little more not only about what the plans are for release, but also going forward - let´s get to it.

Beta Available - Proceed With Caution
So the first build of AMS2 Beta has been deployed - always a big satisfaction and relief to reach this milestone.

Although the gameplay, content and general functionality of the Beta builds should be pretty representative of what its release state will be like, the game is very evidently unfinished - there is a lot still to be a lot bolted on over the coming weeks.

With the imminent release of AMS2 Beta we´ve had a huge influx of new people through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign over the past couple of weeks. While it´s great to see the interest in AMS2 - and the revenue boost this late in development is by no means unwelcome - we do want to stress that this is still an unfinished Game: there are bugs, compatibility issues with certain hardware, missing features and other such rough edges still to be ironed out. If you are looking for a seamless user experience we strongly recommend you hold out until March 31st when the game will be officially released.

Automobilista 2 FAQ
There's been a lot of questions posed over AMS2 development and we are finally at a point we feel we can offer reliable answers - check our AMS2 FAQ here. More will be added in the coming days.

Cars & Tracks - What's In So Far
Looking to give a bit more insight into the game and what it will feature, we have started this All Cars & Tracks topic showing all the content featuring in the current build of the game.

Please observe that the artwork illustrates cars and tracks which are present in the game now - not what there will be on release and beyond. We will continue to update it as we progress through the next BETA builds and continue on from release onwards.

Development Roadmap - To Release ad Beyond
As we´ve been regularly stressing in these dev updates, AMS2 is a long term project - the release next month will see development pick up even more pace as we enter and aggressive development plan that will see game updates along with new cars and tracks released in a monthly basis.

To give you all a glimpse of how things are going to pan out, here is what´s on store for the first 3 months following release:

AMS2 Roadmap.jpg

Upon release we hope to be in position to expand our public roadmap to cover the initial 6 months - that´s when things get really interesting
:)

We will continue to provide this foresight at least until the end of 2020 so users can have an idea about whats coming and when.- with the obvious caveat that roadmaps aren´t set in stone and things can always move around or change slightly.

Early Backer Campaign Wraps February 29th.

AMS 2 Header.jpg

As previously announced, the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will close tomorrow 23:59 GMT. You will still be able to buy the combo of AMS2 + AMS2 Beta + AMS2 Season Pass for US$ 119.99 through our forum store, but the discounts for old backers and other perks from the EBC will no longer be included.

Pricing for the base game on relase has been confirmed @ US$49.99, bumped vs previously suggested US$ 39.99 as considerable additional base game content has now been confirmed.

In order to keep it a bit more affordable for early buyers, we have decided to launch AMS2 with a 20% discount over the first week from release, so at least for a little while the pricing will be inside the original plan.

That´s all for this month - it´s been a thrilling (and exhausting!) ride to this point and we are happy to finally be able to share with you a little more about where we are going with AMS2 - exciting times ahead!

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 will launch March 2020, with beta access starting February 28th.

Got questions about the sim? Be sure to start up a thread in the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum and let our awesome community be your guide!

AMS 2 Roadmap 1.jpg

Last edited:
not sure if it's because I have curved monitors but here's a couple of picks to help explain....

first with angle set at 45.000000 it seems to push the image forward
View attachment 353182

and then here using 22.500000
View attachment 353183

View attachment 353184

and as far as the 70, it's the camera settings I was talking about
View attachment 353185
That 70 is the FOV not camera as such but the hFOV setting! You need to find your correct hFOV for your distance, size and angle of screens! Also the angle of your screens are not just a random angle number, it's set specifically for your setup. All monitors need to be the same distance from your eyes which will give your "your" angle.
Once you set your correct hFOV you will notice the image will be right if you use the correct angle in the files, no need to half that number.

Just copied from Steam myself:
This game is not yet available on Steam
Planned Release Date: April 2020

No biggie, they have some panel beating and polishing to do yet. Better to extend the beta and push the release date. They could use a better system to log issues and feedback though. Even Jira (yikes!) would be an improvement over unstructured posts by the shitload to forum threads.

Just copied from Steam myself:
This game is not yet available on Steam
Planned Release Date: April 2020

No biggie, they have some panel beating and polishing to do yet. Better to extend the beta and push the release date. They could use a better system to log issues and feedback though. Even Jira (yikes!) would be an improvement over unstructured posts by the shitload to forum threads.
I dare say they will have their own Jira, or other issue tracker internally. The joys of putting beta testing out to the masses, unstructured posts by the shitload :roflmao:

I dare say they will have their own Jira, or other issue tracker internally. The joys of putting beta testing out to the masses, unstructured posts by the shitload :roflmao:

Oh, I'm sure they have.

There's some pretty mature NLP AI tools now you could use to crunch that down, aggregate it, and list the links as needed. Either way it's a job in itself drinking from the forum feedback firehose!

Releasing the beta be like Grandma Sandy

Maybe you don't have enough "skill" to see what is broken
Btw. i sincerely invite you, to race me, as soon, as the multiplayer is online, i'm really interested in your side of abilities, to find the limit, maybe it's true and i just don't find the point where the car should do such things. ;)
You will find me under the name CrimsonEminence then, good luck, have fun! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back