AMS2 Beta Now Live | Development Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed the future development plans for Automobilista 2 in their latest 'Development Roadmap' posting.

As many of you will already know, the full 'version 1' build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 is set to release this March 2020. For those of us who backed the original Reiza Simracing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign above level 5, or purchased one of the many early access packs for the simulation - this Friday 28th will mark our first opportunity to lay hands on the new racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

With plenty of hunger from the community to learn more about what's in store both short and long term for the new title, Reiza Studios have released their latest roadmap posting giving gamers plenty of ideas about what we have to look forward to in the months ahead:

So it´s finally there! AMS2 Beta has now been released to Backers as we enter the final month of development before Automobilista 2 is officially release on March 31st - we are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time
:)

In this final stretch we can finally begin sharing a little more not only about what the plans are for release, but also going forward - let´s get to it.

Beta Available - Proceed With Caution
So the first build of AMS2 Beta has been deployed - always a big satisfaction and relief to reach this milestone.

Although the gameplay, content and general functionality of the Beta builds should be pretty representative of what its release state will be like, the game is very evidently unfinished - there is a lot still to be a lot bolted on over the coming weeks.

With the imminent release of AMS2 Beta we´ve had a huge influx of new people through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign over the past couple of weeks. While it´s great to see the interest in AMS2 - and the revenue boost this late in development is by no means unwelcome - we do want to stress that this is still an unfinished Game: there are bugs, compatibility issues with certain hardware, missing features and other such rough edges still to be ironed out. If you are looking for a seamless user experience we strongly recommend you hold out until March 31st when the game will be officially released.

Automobilista 2 FAQ
There's been a lot of questions posed over AMS2 development and we are finally at a point we feel we can offer reliable answers - check our AMS2 FAQ here. More will be added in the coming days.

Cars & Tracks - What's In So Far
Looking to give a bit more insight into the game and what it will feature, we have started this All Cars & Tracks topic showing all the content featuring in the current build of the game.

Please observe that the artwork illustrates cars and tracks which are present in the game now - not what there will be on release and beyond. We will continue to update it as we progress through the next BETA builds and continue on from release onwards.

Development Roadmap - To Release ad Beyond
As we´ve been regularly stressing in these dev updates, AMS2 is a long term project - the release next month will see development pick up even more pace as we enter and aggressive development plan that will see game updates along with new cars and tracks released in a monthly basis.

To give you all a glimpse of how things are going to pan out, here is what´s on store for the first 3 months following release:

AMS2 Roadmap.jpg

Upon release we hope to be in position to expand our public roadmap to cover the initial 6 months - that´s when things get really interesting
:)

We will continue to provide this foresight at least until the end of 2020 so users can have an idea about whats coming and when.- with the obvious caveat that roadmaps aren´t set in stone and things can always move around or change slightly.

Early Backer Campaign Wraps February 29th.

AMS 2 Header.jpg

As previously announced, the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will close tomorrow 23:59 GMT. You will still be able to buy the combo of AMS2 + AMS2 Beta + AMS2 Season Pass for US$ 119.99 through our forum store, but the discounts for old backers and other perks from the EBC will no longer be included.

Pricing for the base game on relase has been confirmed @ US$49.99, bumped vs previously suggested US$ 39.99 as considerable additional base game content has now been confirmed.

In order to keep it a bit more affordable for early buyers, we have decided to launch AMS2 with a 20% discount over the first week from release, so at least for a little while the pricing will be inside the original plan.

That´s all for this month - it´s been a thrilling (and exhausting!) ride to this point and we are happy to finally be able to share with you a little more about where we are going with AMS2 - exciting times ahead!

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 will launch March 2020, with beta access starting February 28th.

Got questions about the sim? Be sure to start up a thread in the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum and let our awesome community be your guide!

AMS 2 Roadmap 1.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing...it's just moaning.

AHAHAH they're developing their game, how funny...what is wrong with you? o.O

Btw. i didn't noticed any update so far.

When you think, rF2 FFB is subtle, you're doing something wrong, m8.
drive the Spint cars with Brands Hatch, and push the car at the limit, you will feel the wave bounce in the FFB....something broken in the physics, at the limit, the car starts bouncing..the feeling is obvious with the SPint cars....nothing subtle....in ACC it's subtle too...

drive the Spint cars with Brands Hatch, and push the car at the limit, you will feel the wave bounce in the FFB....something broken in the physics, at the limit, the car starts bouncing..the feeling is obvious with the SPint cars....nothing subtle....in ACC it's subtle too...
If you mean T1 bumps, everything fine here, feels natural...check your FX channel settings and minimum force and report it into the official forums, instead of being spiteful on an external platform.^^

If you mean T1 bumps, everything fine here, feels natural...check your FX channel settings and minimum force and report it into the official forums, instead of being spiteful on an external platform.^^
FX at 0....there is something broken, And like the reduced FFB, I'm pretty it will be fixed before the release, it's obvious how it bounces when the tire loads are at the limit. Maybe you don't have enough "skill" to see what is broken, can explain your happiness of the game in this state. For me it's far from being good, it's a beta, but not at 1 month to be released, I would say at 1 year.

it's not related the my wheel, when I look at the replay at slow motion, the cars bounces obviously...everytime when I'm in a drift.....I'm sure Reiza doesn't ignore this. If I have some time I will record a video to explain (or prove)
I can see bouncing in the turns, where bumps are persistent, but no bouncing at Surtees or Dingle Dell, for example, where it isn't as bumpy on track.
Check your settings and post it in the official Reiza Forum, to help further development and stop spreading confirmed misinformation about updates, or a lot of people will not be willing to help or believe you any further.^^

I have found the "bounce" effect in youtube (so i don't need to record my video), it's very "subtle" to see.

(look at the normal speed, then at x0.5)

subtle
at 01:39 until 01:44, it bounces in the turn .
then at 01:46 until 01:49.

obvious
then more obvious, at 03:23 until 03:33 (so much bouncing that the driver has lost the control a little bit)
it's exactly my feeling of "bouncing" cause I push really hard when i drive (maybe it need skills)

Last edited:
I have found the "bounce" feeling, it's very "subtle" to see.

(look at the normal speed, then at 0.5)

subtle
at 01:39 until 01:44, it bounces in the turn .
then at 01:46 until 01:49.

obvious
then more obvious, at 03:23 until 03:33.
it's exactly my feeling of "bouncing"
This is suspension oscillation over bumps, this has nothing to do with drifting...This is probably/very likely just the default setup (likely the damper setup). This is part of the testing, right now, so valuable information to sort out default setups.
Again: report it in the forums, where it belongs.

This is suspension oscillation over bumps, this has nothing to do with drifting...This is probably/very likely just the default setup (likely the damper setup). This is part of the testing, right now, so valuable information to sort out default setups.
Again: report it in the forums, where it belongs.
yes that's it ! the suspension oscillation ! but it's wrong I guess how it bounces. Cause I had this "bounce" even with the Formula V10....

yes that's it ! the suspension oscillation ! but it's wrong I guess how it bounces.
It's wrong but not/don't have to be broken. This is the result of suboptimum fast rebound and fast bump settings.
There is no point, to really discuss it here. When you have access to the beta, you have acess to the Reiza Forums, so get there and post it there.

Last edited:
okay, so further testing and I have now got triples working properly. It took a bit of finagling but in short if you use 45 degrees settings for the side screens, cut that in half ie: 22.5 degrees in the triplescreensettings.xml in my documents...I know it sounds strange but it works, also change your camera setting to 70 in the menu and if you have mapped seat adjustments you should be able to fine tune it to your liking.
20200302203851_1.jpg

also updated ffb settings I'm using
20200301122402_1.jpg

okay, so further testing and I have now got triples working properly. It took a bit of finagling but in short if you use 45 degrees settings for the side screens, cut that in half ie: 22.5 degrees in the triplescreensettings.xml in my documents...I know it sounds strange but it works, also change your camera setting to 70 in the menu and if you have mapped seat adjustments you should be able to fine tune it to your liking.
View attachment 353167
View attachment 353168
View attachment 353167
View attachment 353168
come again? Your saying I need to half my angle number in the file? I have 56 degrees and added 56 to the file and it worked fine! Also why add 70? Is that FOV? I should input my correct FOV of 57 for a hFOV of 171!

It's wrong but not/don't have to be broken. This is the result of suboptimum fast rebound and fast bump settings.
There is no point, to really discuss it here. When you have access to the beta, you have acess to the Reiza Forums, so get there and post it there.

Do we know if it is wrong? Depends on the setup I mean. Let's see how it is set and how the car behaves when adjusting it.

I'm not discussing whos the best, I just referred a feature of each sim, AMS 1 has cripser images than AC and AC has much better lighting than AMS. That's all. On the other hand, when I choose a sim I just care about the concept and the "mechanical" feeling. I have no time to see if the tree is beautiful or if there is a wonderful sunset. It's ok, I like good graphics, but it's secondary. I don't see any detail out of the track, if I can do that it means I'm driving slow.

Thats not what you even said, now your back peddling. You even forget what you said. Blurry.
Blurry AC- AMS1 Superiority
"But always the blur stays."

Not only is it not blurry, it doesn't get any more crisp than that. But you ignored this response and photo. Which is typical. Yes AMS1 is superior. :rolleyes:

a9sp.png

come again? Your saying I need to half my angle number in the file? I have 56 degrees and added 56 to the file and it worked fine! Also why add 70? Is that FOV? I should input my correct FOV of 57 for a hFOV of 171!

not sure if it's because I have curved monitors but here's a couple of picks to help explain....

first with angle set at 45.000000 it seems to push the image forward
WP_20200303_00_02_05_Pro.jpg

and then here using 22.500000
WP_20200302_23_58_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20200302_20_19_28_Pro.jpg

and as far as the 70, it's the camera settings I was talking about
20200303000920_1.jpg

Thats not what you even said, now your back peddling. You even forget what you said. Blurry.

Not only is it not blurry, it doesn't get any more crisp than that. But you ignored this response and photo. Which is typical. Yes AMS1 is superior. :rolleyes:

a9sp.png
Relax, I saw your pic, but I preferred not to answer because I realized that you do not understand the difference between high contrast and well defined edges. It's ok, let it go, you are right.

Relax, I saw your pic, but I preferred not to answer because I realized that you do not understand the difference between high contrast and well defined edges. It's ok, let it go, you are right.

I'm plenty relaxed, it seems like you're not remembering what you say throughout this thread.

So now you've gone from blurry and "But always the blur stays." AMS1 is superior , to AC's lighting a couple posts up. Now you''re going on about contrast ratios and AA.

Good grief.

"but I preferred not to answer (on you seeing the photo) because I realized that you do not understand the difference between high contrast..."

The discussion wasn't even about contrast, YOUR words, it was - "blurry". Nor was it about AA and lighting. You didn't answer because what you saw didn't support your blurry claim. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back