AMS working in VR

Hi folks,

If anyone's still waiting for AMS 1 to work in VR, a couple of the Crew Chief team members have managed to work their magic. There's a thread about it on the Reiza forums. The implementation should be considered a beta with the usual caveats but I think it works brilliantly

there are a couple of videos here:

new update not working for me on the odyssey t ,i have audio for the game but black screen,my mistake didn't realise you had to put 1 in the CrewChiefVR.ini (1 = on, 0 = off ,i thought you just used the keypad .
Anyway video seems to be less choppy now picture quality is quite reasonable ,but i am still getting the random freezes

Try deleting d3d9_2.dll from AMS root folder . fixed it for me.
In the past there was also people that had stutter and freezes with in game Time progression set to anything but off.
I have it on with 2X but have deleted the d3d9_2.dll and have a very smooth running sim on less than stellar HW.

when i ran with high levels of anti-aliasing I encountered a couple of brief pauses. Setting it back to 4xMSAA only in the config app fixed that. Maybe try lowering your settings
tried video settings on low still the same ,funny thing was i had more freezes on low ,also tried barneys suggestion still freezing ,freezes seem to last between 2 and 3 seconds or a total freeze

tried video settings on low still the same ,funny thing was i had more freezes on low ,also tried barneys suggestion still freezing ,freezes seem to last between 2 and 3 seconds or a total freeze

Are you racing on TV or monitor - just asking as I used to have major stutters with AMS and Assetto and it turned out be my Philips 4K TV setting which had a known problem which Philips would never admit to - but was real and was there but there's a community fix

I can't get this to work with my hp reverb. I've unzipped the folder into the AMS folder, changed everything in AMS, made a desktop shortcut, set the command in crewchiefvr.ini to 1 and tried several times with no success.

Closest was getting a vr view on screen once I'd got into the car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 113 13.4%