AMS working in VR

Hi folks,

If anyone's still waiting for AMS 1 to work in VR, a couple of the Crew Chief team members have managed to work their magic. There's a thread about it on the Reiza forums. The implementation should be considered a beta with the usual caveats but I think it works brilliantly

there are a couple of videos here:

Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately there is the same problem as with GTR2 for me. When rotating my head the image gets distorted. When I hold my head still it is fine. I am using Oculus Rift CV1. Am I the only one with this problem?

Enable it in the game setting, just a warning it looks bad as the arms comes out like a V shape directly from chest, there is nothing i can do about, that its the game rendering that the cause of that. Also visual wheel rotation will be locked locked to something like 270 with arms enabled

Thank you for the clarification, I am not using AMS because it does (did) not have VR, this new development is very interesting. But no arms or immersion breaking arms in VR makes it less appealing ( to me). Still amazing what is happening.

Enable it in the game setting, just a warning it looks bad as the arms comes out like a V shape directly from chest, there is nothing i can do about, that its the game rendering that the cause of that. Also visual wheel rotation will be locked locked to something like 270 with arms enabled

Yes it is not the greatest look in VR but I move the seat a little closer to the wheel which makes it look better.

We've updated the maths in the vr transforms. It seems that there's something wrong for rift users but none of the team have rifts so we're kinda guessing here.

The latest version from today (same download location) has 2 sets of maths and you can choose between them - the details are in the readme file.

Would appreciate some feedback from rift users for both rendering modes (especially on distortion, tracking and convergence issues)

tried the new version with the odyssey t ,i cannot get it to work i get audio but no video tried all different scenarios in starting it, so went back to the old version there is a slight delay in video which makes me a bit nauseas after 10 minutes or so
But i can do the minis again :) so keep up the good work, also the d3d9.dll2 file which barney mentioned freezing the game ,deleting that file fixed my freezes
hmm still getting freezes

Last edited:
this has been updated with our latest improvements. It should correct the freezing issues some users were seeing, it should perform better and (we hope) correct the perspective distortion some Rift users have been seeing. So please give it a try - feedback is very helpful :)

tried the new version with the odyssey t ,i cannot get it to work i get audio but no video tried all different scenarios in starting it, so went back to the old version there is a slight delay in video which makes me a bit nauseas after 10 minutes or so
But i can do the minis again :) so keep up the good work, also the d3d9.dll2 file which barney mentioned freezing the game ,deleting that file fixed my freezes
hmm still getting freezes

I think that d3d9 dll file should come with a mental health warning - yep if I remember rightly disabling (renaming it) can save a man hours upon hours of woe. Mm... If the sim works without it then I wonder what it's for...

this has been updated with our latest improvements. It should correct the freezing issues some users were seeing, it should perform better and (we hope) correct the perspective distortion some Rift users have been seeing. So please give it a try - feedback is very helpful :)

The distortion problem is still there in this new version (Rift CV1)

How bad is the distortion for you? I have a Rift and just see the image lean a few degrees, it's only really noticeable when I look fully left or right. The driving view is fine and perhaps 10 degrees of lean when looking out of the side window doesn’t matter to me, not having the arms breaks immersion much more.

How bad is the distortion for you? I have a Rift and just see the image lean a few degrees, it's only really noticeable when I look fully left or right. The driving view is fine and perhaps 10 degrees of lean when looking out of the side window doesn’t matter to me, not having the arms breaks immersion much more.

Yes, same for me. Distortion is only present when rotating my head.

new update not working for me on the odyssey t ,i have audio for the game but black screen,my mistake didn't realise you had to put 1 in the CrewChiefVR.ini (1 = on, 0 = off ,i thought you just used the keypad .
Anyway video seems to be less choppy now picture quality is quite reasonable ,but i am still getting the random freezes

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years