AMS Vehicle File Editor

Other AMS Vehicle File Editor 1.1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
DeuxAlpha submitted a new resource:

AMS Vehicle File Editor - Quick-and-dirty Editor to change driver names, teams, etc.

This is a very simple editor to change the parameters of any .veh-Files in Automobilista.
I change those parameters quite frequently and found myself getting frustrated with having to go into every single file and changing all the parameters individually, so I created this tool in order to speed up the process a little bit.

WARNING: It overrides the .veh-Files, so make sure to create a backup if you want to keep using the original files!

To use the Tool, simply direct it to the folder...

Read more about this resource...

Unfortunately, this Editor merely assigns new values to what is essentially a glorified text-file. It's not touching any of the .dds-Files, which hold the Textures of the Vehicle. You would need a more advanced Editor for that.
Essentially, you would need something like Photoshop or Gimp to create your Texture, and change the .veh-File to point to those new textures. However, the mere creation of the Texture in the first place would require a whole other set of skills, which is a Pandora-Box I don't want to open right now.
If you're truly interested in getting into what it takes to edit various textures in the game, here's a link to a video that should get you up to speed on what you need. It's not for a helmet specifically, but the standards of creating textures stays the same no matter what you're creating it for.

DeuxAlpha updated AMS Vehicle File Editor with a new update entry:

Minor Update

Changelog v1.1:
  • Added ability to sort by Original Driver Name and the selected property, independent of each other, in order to filter through the drivers that need to be changed.
  • Added File-Location of the Drivers in the Properties that can be selected, for better overview.
  • Fixed a bug that would incorrectly display various Properties.
  • Fixed bugs that would allow user-input that might cause errors.

Read the rest of this update entry...

DeuxAlpha updated AMS Vehicle File Editor with a new update entry:

Update 1.1.2

Changelog v1.1.2
  • Fixed a bug where the program wasn't able to identify anything other than "Driver"-Labels. It now should allow for editing Vehicle-Files that has two Drivers ("Driver1" and "Driver2")
I have done some looking around and have only found Driver, Driver1, and Driver2 labels, so if there is any other way they are referenced out there, my program will probably throw an error.
Let me know about them and I should be able to fix them.
Also, with this update,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back