AMS Time Trial of the Week

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
TTOTW.jpg

Post times, share setups and tips, fill up some leaderboards!

The Time Trial feature on AMS allows users to post times at any tracks and compare it to other drivers around the world. The setups thread for AMS is quite bare, and hopefully if this takes off we can start posting the winning setups there to improve the game for all users.

How does this work?
Choose the selected car of the week in the Main Menu. Click on Time Trial and load up the track of the week. Once in, feel free to play around with the setups as much as you like and post some laptimes. The scoreboard in game will automatically update. When you are done, post here your laptime, and either share your setup and tips, or ask for help.

To start off, we will only use Reiza default cars and tracks, but we may move into mods in the future.
Voting forms for next car and track.

Former Trials
Formula V10 @ Goainia
Super V8 @ Johannesburg Historic
Supertruck @ Cascavel Truck
Copa Montana @ VIR Full Course

This Week
V8 Stock @ Curitiba

Last edited:
I don't get why people are so disinterested in the time trials. With people sharing videos, replays, setups and driving tips there is simply no better place to learn from others than in this very thread. The AMS player base is definitly bigger than the 15 people who set a lap time every week. It almost seems to me that most sim racers don't like to get out of their comfort zone and will only drive their favourite cars on their favourite tracks. If the time trial is with a car they don't know they can't be bothered to drive a lap.

I agree, I don't do many laps because lately I've been working a lot. But the last combo I did some laps and it was really fun. I just sugested that combo because it's fun and the cat 270 is an easy car to drive, so it could join more people to the TT of the week.
Anyway, I think it would be better to have a new thread every time we change the combo.

AMS Car List

• BOXER week 6
  • CAMARO SS
  • COPA MONTANA week 4
  • COPA PETROBRAS DE MARCAS
  • F-CLASSIC
  • F-EXTREME
  • F-REIZA
  • F-RETRO
  • F-V10 week 1
  • F-V12
  • F-VEE week 8
  • F-VINTAGE 67' week 9
  • F-VINTAGE 69'
  • F3 BRASIL - F301
  • F3 BRASIL - F309 week 10
  • LANCER CUP - LANCER R
  • LANCER CUP - LANCER RS
  • LANCER RALLYCROSS
  • METALMORO
  • MINI CHALLENGE
  • OPALA 70
  • OPALA 86 week 7
  • STOCKCAR V8 week 5
  • SUPER V8 week 2
  • SUPERKART
  • SUPERTRUCK week 3

TRACK LIST
  • INTERLAGOS week 6
  • INTERLAGOS CAFÉ CHICANE
  • BRASILIA EXTERIOR CIRCUIT
  • BRASILIA FULL CIRCUIT
  • BUENOS AIRES 6
  • BUENOS AIRES 7
  • BUENOS AIRES 8
  • BUENOS AIRES 9
  • BUENOS AIRES 12
  • BUENOS AIRES 15
  • CAMPO GRANDE
  • CARUARU
  • CASCAVEL
  • CORDOBA
  • CURITIBA week 5
  • CURITIBA OUTER CIRCUIT
  • FLORIPA
  • GOIANIA week 1
  • GUAPORE
  • JACAREPAGUA
  • JACAREPAGUA CURVA SUL
  • JACAREPAGUA 2005
  • JACAREPAGUA OVAL
  • KANSAI
  • KANSAI CLASSIC
  • KANSAI EAST week 8
  • KANSAI WEST
  • MENDIG FLUGPLATZ
  • MENDIG FLUGPLATZ 2
  • MENDIG FLUGPLATZ BERGSCHLEIFE week 7
  • LONDRINA
  • LONDRINA LONG
  • RIBEIRAO PRETO 2010
  • RIBEIRAO PRETO 2012
  • SALVADOR
  • SANTA CRUZ DO SUL
  • SPIELBERG GP
  • SPIELBERG NATIONAL
  • TARUMA
  • TARUMA CHICANE
  • VELOPARK
  • VELOPARK 2010
  • VELOCITTA TRACK DAY
  • VELOCITTA
  • VELOCITTA CLUB DAY
  • VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL week 4
  • VIR GRAND COURSE
  • VIR NORTH COURSE
  • VIR PATRIOT COURSE
  • VIR SOUTH COURSE
  • MONTREAL
  • INTERLAGOS HISTORIC week 9
  • INTERLAGOS HISTORIC OVAL
  • JACAREPAGUA HISTORIC
  • JOHANNESBURG HISTORIC week 2
  • MONTRAL HISTORIC week 10
  • SPIELBERG HISTORIC 1977
  • SPIELBERG HISTORIC 1974

Choose the next car HERE https://goo.gl/qgsLJy
Choose the next track HERE https://goo.gl/QjaZ19

I will clear the results from now. I will consider the next combo
"W10 F3-F309 @ MONTREAL HISTORIC". I will publish the polls again without the red options.
http://virtualxperience.net/leaderboards/f3-brasil-f309/montreal-historic-gp-88/1
w10.PNG

w10 track.PNG

I will clear the results from now. I will consider the next combo
"W10 F3-F309 @ MONTREAL HISTORIC". I will publish the polls again without the red options.

A modern single seater on a vintage track with very high kerbs. ;)

This is definitely a combo for people who are very accurate with their steering inputs. Managed a 1:32.4 with this set-up.

Attachments

• f3_tt.svm
    3.7 KB · Views: 228
Montreal Historic is a great track. That massive straight from the hairpin in sector 3 to turn 1 makes picking the right amount of downforce difficult.

Edit: Here is my setup and a replay of my second fastest lap. I will have another go today. Once I manage a lap that I'm happy with I will upload a video.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new to Automobilista working on this weeks time trial. I'm having an issue where the engine is overheating (getting a thermometer icon in the top left and the engine turning yellow on the damage/tire black box screen). Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Shifting too late, or not clutching correctly? I would appreciate the help.

Edit: also managed 1:32:8

Last edited:
This car track combo is excellent. I luckily stumbled across a rather full public server and did a great 20 or so minute race with people. It was splendiferous!

I too enjoy the camaraderie that shows itself in this thread. I learn more just by trying to beat you guys and watching how you approach the cars and tracks compared to me.

I like the Time Trial mode and automatic leaderboards. I'll be checking this thread for the next combo. Cheers. ( By choosing obsure combos, I can actually be number 1....ha ha.) Try Montanas at Jacarepagua Oval....

I like the Time Trial mode and automatic leaderboards. I'll be checking this thread for the next combo. Cheers. ( By choosing obsure combos, I can actually be number 1....ha ha.) Try Montanas at Jacarepagua Oval....

I wish they had a "popular combos" page just because it is a pain to select a car and go through each track looking for something worth having a go at.

Spent Saturday as lap record holder at Oulton Park International for the MCR's, now down to second and @Gaugo hasn't run there yet so will drop further. I printed it off for posterity. :D

We definitely need a way to sort the combos by popularity. At the moment there at least 1500 different combos available in time trial mode making it very difficult to find a popular one. From my experience Brasilia and Interlagos are the most popular tracks with almost any car. F1 cars on F1 tracks are popular too. I believe the most popular combo is the Boxer Cup at Interlagos with 83 entries at this point in time.

You can keep your second place at Oulton Park. The MCR is not a car I'm particularly fond of.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back