AMS Time Trial of the Week

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
TTOTW.jpg

Post times, share setups and tips, fill up some leaderboards!

The Time Trial feature on AMS allows users to post times at any tracks and compare it to other drivers around the world. The setups thread for AMS is quite bare, and hopefully if this takes off we can start posting the winning setups there to improve the game for all users.

How does this work?
Choose the selected car of the week in the Main Menu. Click on Time Trial and load up the track of the week. Once in, feel free to play around with the setups as much as you like and post some laptimes. The scoreboard in game will automatically update. When you are done, post here your laptime, and either share your setup and tips, or ask for help.

To start off, we will only use Reiza default cars and tracks, but we may move into mods in the future.
Voting forms for next car and track.

Former Trials
Formula V10 @ Goainia
Super V8 @ Johannesburg Historic
Supertruck @ Cascavel Truck
Copa Montana @ VIR Full Course

This Week
V8 Stock @ Curitiba

Last edited:
Super V8 @ Johannesburg Historic

1.15.144 while Tim O'Glock is 2 seconds faster :)
1.14.0 or 1.14.5 i can maybe do with more laps and more learning of where you can "cut" more. ;)

this setup is very random, but i used it with this time.

Attachments

• test1.svm
    3.7 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Managed a 1:14.933 with this set-up. Never driven this car very much so no idea if the set-up is any good. Nice combination of track and car again.

Remember watching this race back in the 80's and was a big fan of the circuit and Keke Rosberg's driving (watch from 2:20 onwards) although the kerbs seem a lot lower than in the game :(

Attachments

• superv8_tt.svm
    3.7 KB · Views: 165
Managed a 1:14.808 somehow. My set up appears somewhat more conventional than some of the others. Just lessening some of the body roll with ARBs to help turn in but keeping enough to help guide through the weight shifting corners. Softening springs helps with mid corner grip too. Relatively stable set up, much to my style. Could definitely race it instead of it just being for Qualy.

I know I have a few more tenths in me but not consistently enough to chase without going mad. My winner of course was classic style, reminding me of Scott Pruett one time talking about sometimes the faster lap is the dirty messy one that shouldn't be faster but is. That was my final sector with a big slide into the final corner that didn't give me a slow time but my best ever third sector so... there's that.

I wonder where that extra second in the second sector comes from though. :p Mr. Glock, we're at your mercy.

Attachments

• SV8 Kyalami TT PFunk.svm
    3.8 KB · Views: 186
1.14.774 now with PFunk's based modified setup. I think i loose 0.2-0.3 in the last corner.. i rarely get it right :)

my earlier setup was way too understeary!

Managed to knock a few hundredths off my time but whatever set-up I try I seem to be in the 14.9-15.1 band so that's probably it. Never ceased to be amazed by a "touring car" that will hit 180mph on the straights. :)

I miss the days of Group A in the BTCC as the current cars are dead boring in comparison.

Think it would be better to start a new thread for this every week even if it doesn't get too many posts as it seems confusing with the first two pages with times and set-ups for last week's car/track.

nevermind.. im tired :)

.. but i squeezed a tenth of my time.
Studying faster guys driving, i can see where the time comes but i can see my driving style is somewhat wrong and it's hard to change it after the years :)
I'm not using the engine braking so much.. and so it's more like on off.. and not so smooth.

Last edited:
Is Tim O'Glock running legitimate times? I would assume so, and I assume that you can't cheat the system, and that he isn't. But, he does seem to consistently have very fast (almost questionable times perhaps?). I was doing a time trial a few minutes ago, and on for about 10-15 minutes (plus the 45+ minutes I did yesterday) and he wasn't on the list at all, then I came in and within that time had managed to go over 1.7 seconds faster. I am sure there are many people much faster than I am, but in general I am not too slow. If he had already been practicing the combo outside of TT then it could make sense, but if he just jumped in and only had ten minutes and ran those times it would be somewhat suspect. This is 1.7 seconds on a 48 second lap, so that is a huge margin. I have to imagine it is legitimate, but it makes you wonder that's all. Assuming he is legitimate he should take this as a compliment, the guy seems fast!

Edit: As I went back after posting this it is now over 2.1 seconds faster.

Last edited:
Well I will admit that I am not fantastic with open wheel cars, and especially setup. It isn't too hard to believe that someone good with a setup and a good driver could be noticeably faster than I am, it is just crazy that he is faster than almost everyone in almost each type of car or track by such a noticeable margin.

I did tinker with the aero a little but I just increased the front some and the rear I increased, but not as much.

nevermind.. im tired :)

.. but i squeezed a tenth of my time.
Studying faster guys driving, i can see where the time comes but i can see my driving style is somewhat wrong and it's hard to change it after the years :)
I'm not using the engine braking so much.. and so it's more like on off.. and not so smooth.

Exactly the same thing here. I watched @Gaugo's video a couple of times and he turns in later than me to make a better line through the corner and also gets on the throttle much smoother and better. I tried that and got down to a 14.772 but most of the time if I try to turn in later I just run wide. As with many things in life, no amount of studying will make up for a lack of talent :)

Well I will admit that I am not fantastic with open wheel cars, and especially setup. It isn't too hard to believe that someone good with a setup and a good driver could be noticeably faster than I am, it is just crazy that he is faster than almost everyone in almost each type of car or track by such a noticeable margin.

I did tinker with the aero a little but I just increased the front some and the rear I increased, but not as much.

I don't have any reason to doubt anyone's times but Reiza are still in the process of adding some anti-cheat features to the time trial mode. For instance, something was just added to the beta yesterday to check aiw files. Leaderboard times will be reset when AMS gets to V1.0 so maybe we will see some differences after that?

As in real life the F3 cars have more grip than power so you need a set-up that allows you to keep the corner speed high as the cars do not have the power of some other single seaters.

You just need a better setup. The Formula 3 is very sensitive to aero changes. You can easily gain 1+ seconds if you get the aero right.

You are in your own league in the laptimes. Can you please share your f3 velopark quali and race setup? (or other upcoming tracks..)
If the rest of us would learn a bit with that? ... :)

I have prepared a video showing one of my laps along with some telemetry.
I will try to provide some explanations regarding the fastest way to get around this track. In turn 1 you are obviously going to want to get as close as possible to the yellow sausage kerbs without touching them. Try to be a little softer on the brakes than I am in the video. You may also want to keep your right foot on the throttle to stabilize the car.

Stay in fouth gear between turns 1 and 2. Try to brake in a straight line before turn 2. Don't try to trail brake deep into the turn. This will only make you spin or lock up. Apply some throttle throughout the turn. Use all of the inside kerb and let the car run wide at the exit. Get as far to the right as you can before turn 3. You are allowed to drive over the white line between turns 2 and 3.

To get a good exit out of turn 5 and onto the back straight you have to be as far to the left as you can before turn 4. Smoothly reduce the throttle to turn into turn 4 and use all of the kerb. Smoothly increase the thottle so as not to upset the car. Make the direction change from right to left in one fast movement.

Brake in a straight line before turn 6 and get all the way to the yellow sausage kerb on the inside. Avoid running wide at the exit of this turn at all cost because you need to set your car up for the next two turns. Get as close to the rigid tyre walls as you can in turns 6 and 7. This section can be taken flat out in qualifying. Reduce the throttle to around 90% when driving over the kerbs in the race to avoid spinning.

Use fourth gear before the last turn only in qualifying and time trial. Stay in third in the race. Brake in a straight line. Don't brake on the kerb as it has very little grip. Don't try to trail brake deep into the turn. Try to carry as much speed as you can and use all of the kerb on the exit so you can accelerate in a straight line.

I have also attached my setup. I had some understeer in the fast turns in the race so you might want to reduce the rear wing by one click.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back