AMS Screen freezing

Hi all.
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my current issue since the recent windows update.
When driving against the AI using the V8 Supercars (not tried anything else yet) the game will randomly freeze for a split second to around 10 seconds but the laptime is still counting for myself and the AI.
Not so bad (but still really annoying) during a race because all the cars are effected. I can look at the laptimes after the race and see where the freeze happened as everyone did a lap a few seconds slower than normal.
During qualifying it is soul destroying. I can be half a second up on my best time, then I get the screen freeze. When the action gets going again I've lost the time that the freeze lasted for.
This can happen at least once to 3 or 4 times during a 15 minute session.

I've tried different GPU drivers, lowering the detail, turning off recording replays and hotlaps, Vsync on and off and different frame rate limits so far.

I'm running a GTX980ti and a I7 4700K all at stock speeds. Frame rates are in the 150's to 200's. Only thing I can put it down to is the recent win10 update as it was running fine a week ago.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%