AMS Real Crowds

Other AMS Real Crowds 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ShredatorFIN submitted a new resource:

AMS Real Crowds - Replaces Reiza spectators with photos of real people

REAL CROWDS FOR AUTOMOBILISTA

Tired of those hideous cardboard spectators, holding their arms up like morons? You are not alone.

This mod replaces all Reiza 2D spectators. Works also for mod tracks, unless the track author used custom spectators. In that case, mod tracks own spectators are used.

INSTALL

Simply drop this mod into your Steam/steamapps/common/Automobilista folder.
The mod doesn't overwrite anything, no need to backup files.

UINSTALL

Just delete...

Read more about this resource...

10x better than original ones.
Even better than no crowd :)

I researched little bit and it seems that I found original texture in one of the @ClimaxF1 modes so credits to him also.

Maybe just to contract Alpha channel by 1px. Black outline is visible on close up.

10x better than original ones.
Even better than no crowd :)

I researched little bit and it seems that I found original texture in one of the @ClimaxF1 modes so credits to him also.

Maybe just to contract Alpha channel by 1px. Black outline is visible on close up.

Thanks again. Shoutout to you and @ClimaxF1 indeed, never would have figured the right file without you.

Oh yeah the black outline might be visible very close, could be improved. But if you can figure out how to edit also the Historic spectators, let me know. I'll happily do a 70's version, with period correct clothing, just for those tracks. For some reason, Reiza historic tracks still use Reiza spectators. Even mod tracks work with this (all by @Patrick Giranthon etc) but Interlagos and Johannesburg 1976 sadly still use Reiza crowd.

Edit: Figured it out, historic tracks are affected by CROWD70BIL.dds. Need to look for good source images, for now the mod uses same spectators for historic tracks.

Last edited:
Thanks again. Shoutout to you and @ClimaxF1 indeed, never would have figured the right file without you.

Oh yeah the black outline might be visible very close, could be improved. But if you can figure out how to edit also the Historic spectators, let me know. I'll happily do a 70's version, with period correct clothing, just for those tracks. For some reason, Reiza historic tracks still use Reiza spectators. Even mod tracks work with this (all by @Patrick Giranthon etc) but Interlagos and Johannesburg 1976 sadly still use Reiza crowd.

Probably similar filename? Like CROWDBIL2 maybe. I'll probably try bunch of different ones with just trial and error, to see if it changes

Thanks for your efforts!

A historic version would be an absolute godsend, I'm working on a track from the fifties so it would save me some work! :D

Thanks for your efforts!

A historic version would be an absolute godsend, I'm working on a track from the fifties so it would save me some work! :D
Still haven't been able to figure out the right file.

Edit: Figured it out, historic tracks are affected by CROWD70BIL.dds. Need to look for good source images, for now the mod uses same spectators for historic tracks.

Last edited:
Looks great! It is possible to create 3 different files with different number of people? Like F1 version
(full people), GT3(medium), Endurance(fewer people). Sort of :)
You can do this super easily, by editing the file in Photoshop. Just go into Channels, and select Alpha channel. Then just paint black over the spectators you want to remove. Then save as .dds DXT3 with explicit Alpha, and create all mipmaps. You'll need the .dds Photoshop plugin though.

I might do it for next version, I also figured out how to change crowds for historic tracks (filename is CROWD70BIL.dds). I'm afraid will the installation get too confusing with many versions? Although tbh the hiqh quality version is kind of redundant, the spectators look perfectly fine on normal 1040x1040 res

Can i add a picture of myself in?

Sure, go ahead :D I mean it's just an image file

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back