AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

So does anyone have any experience porting AMS tracks to RF2??! What with the upcoming Reiza pack shortly to be released wouldn't it be brilliant if someone knew and was able to pass on the knowledge, there are a great many tracks that would be excellent in RF2... and VR.

Gringo,
If you have a problematic AIW, PM me a link and I'll take a look at it.
I just fixed a few things in Road Atlanta and Monza, the Formula Classic had a lot of problem exiting Rettifilo. I still need to test some more.
Cya

It's 2019. We have Patrick & Co great collection of FREE DLC tracks and still almost nothing else near that quality.
Yes, anyone can privately with a little or no hassle convert and race rf1 tracks, but those tracks are mostly low quality.

So what's the state of the AMS modding in 2019.

- Is 3DSimed enough to update track to "Reiza Standards" regarding at least shaders and textures?
- Has anyone successfully used Blender for enhancing tracks or 3DMax is still a must?
- Has anyone else managed Patrick the Gandalf wizardry or when will Reiza-ISM nomodding agreement end? :)

Hi chaps,

Been a lurker round here for a while now admiring all the fine work, but thought I´d sign up to ask the following..

I´ve been working on a track which I would like to release for AMS. It´s going very very well so far but I´ve hit a problem.
I have a really nice detailed terrain model, but no way of mapping it to be used with a decent shader. With the t1lerp t2 vertex alpha rFactor shader in max I can get a two texture blend, but it doesn´t look as good obviously as Reiza´s.
rF2´s multi dirt(?) gives me a nice 3 texture vertex colour blend, but there´s nothing similar I can see for AMS..

When I open 3dsimed and view the terrain shader descriptions for AMS they don´t make a lot of sense. The only ones that mention vertex colour say to paint verts black then RGB to blend in the textures. (like in rF2) However, none of the terrain verts have any colour when I import from Caruaru. Also there´s a terrainpainting.dds mapped to the layout of the circuit, but none of it is RGB, rather a mixture of pinks and greys if I remember correctly...

Is there a shader I can use to blend more than two textures together without using the mysterious AMS method? Or can anyone shed any light on it, if not forbidden by the NDA?

Thanks for reading :)

Haha, no hard feelings! I fixed the flickering issue and Croft looks good in AMS now - I sent you a link via PM. It never hurts to ask in life, however, I believe Patrick is done modding tracks to AMS.

Thank you Patrick -and team- for everything!
@Dann Murillo: Apologies for resurrecting a very old post, but it came up whilst searching for a version of Croft for AMS. If you still have it, would you mind sending me a link? Thanks!

Quick question that's out of my skill set, but I was wondering how hard it would actually be. I've been modding Formula E 2019/20 for AMS. What I'm wondering is what it would take to re-skin some existing tracks with Formula E sponsors. I've used Salvador and Ribeiro Preto a lot, and thought it would be cool seeing them with Julius Baer, ABB, Michelin, etc logos on the signage on the track.

The next step up would be adding more signage to really plaster them. Or even putting up walls+signage on places that have enough 90 degree turns to make it feel like a Formula E track.

Completely hypothetical, and just for some fun immersion.

20191215003854_1.jpg

csm_HKFEJB-279_1d43cc543b.jpg

On Reiza tracks? I think you could adjust the adverts around the circuit relatively easily. Changing actual layouts? Much harder. The track files themselves are encrypted. But for the adverts look at the .Mas files in each circuit folder and use RF2 mas program to find the files you want to unpack.

Hi chaps,

Been a lurker round here for a while now admiring all the fine work, but thought I´d sign up to ask the following..

I´ve been working on a track which I would like to release for AMS. It´s going very very well so far but I´ve hit a problem.
I have a really nice detailed terrain model, but no way of mapping it to be used with a decent shader. With the t1lerp t2 vertex alpha rFactor shader in max I can get a two texture blend, but it doesn´t look as good obviously as Reiza´s.
rF2´s multi dirt(?) gives me a nice 3 texture vertex colour blend, but there´s nothing similar I can see for AMS..

When I open 3dsimed and view the terrain shader descriptions for AMS they don´t make a lot of sense. The only ones that mention vertex colour say to paint verts black then RGB to blend in the textures. (like in rF2) However, none of the terrain verts have any colour when I import from Caruaru. Also there´s a terrainpainting.dds mapped to the layout of the circuit, but none of it is RGB, rather a mixture of pinks and greys if I remember correctly...

Is there a shader I can use to blend more than two textures together without using the mysterious AMS method? Or can anyone shed any light on it, if not forbidden by the NDA?

Thanks for reading :)

You mean the "Standard Shader DX9" t1lerpt2multt3addt4 (for example vertes alpha)
i try to "convert" the AMS-Grass Shader to this and use the standard terrain..dds file .
it is possible with change the "HUE" (PHotoshop o.s.) and use the alpha-texture-shadow also.
At the moment - my results are not very ugly - but i am not satisfaction with this

Good morning everyone...
Unfortunately, this sim lacked much more to develop, that is, it was abandoned prematurely ...
All F1 circuits should have been completed and it was not done.
The dynamic climate also remained in the pipeline.
You also had to have created some sections of Rally, and Rally Cross ...
There are things that we were promised to develop, but they stayed on the road.
I sincerely believe that we should continue working on it, gentlemen, let's continue developing this incredible sim more.
Thank you very much to everyone who worked and works on it, please keep working on it, it is worth it.
Thank

Last edited:
Please tell me the best version of nordschleife "green hell" for AMS? My hard drive broke and I lost the version with minimal bugs. In many versions, the textures of trees and shadows flicker

Good morning everyone...
Unfortunately, this sim lacked much more to develop, that is, it was abandoned prematurely ...
All F1 circuits should have been completed and it was not done.
The dynamic climate also remained in the pipeline.
You also had to have created some sections of Rally, and Rally Cross ...
There are things that we were promised to develop, but they stayed on the road.
I sincerely believe that we should continue working on it, gentlemen, let's continue developing this incredible sim more.
Thank you very much to everyone who worked and works on it, please keep working on it, it is worth it.
Thank
Agreed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back