AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

Untitled-1.jpg

So I have had AMS for a few days. I downloaded the CART Extreme mod easily. Tracks I thought were going good but once I hit the loading screen the tracks won’t load. It just stays on the loading screen. Any advice?

It just stays on the loading screen. Any advice?

Sounds like the track files are in the wrong location or some files are missing. Have a look at stock tracks for clues to install.

You can Alt-Tab back to the desktop, where you should see a message box giving some error details.

Give an example of a track you're having issue with.

Last edited:
Sounds like the track files are in the wrong location or some files are missing. Have a look at stock tracks for clues to install.

You can Alt-Tab back to the desktop, where you should see a message box giving some error details.

Give an example of a track you're having issue with.

Yeah this is odd. He is trying many of my league tracks so I am not sure what the issue is as they all load for my league drivers. And we use simsync so the drivers dont even have to install the tracks.

Watkins, did you run simsync as administrator?

• Deleted member 503495

Almost zero chance of that. However I am considering adding 1 or 2 point to point mountain drift tracks to AMS. But time is always an issue. Right now I am trying to complete the final Mega Pack.

Lienz would be nice

Weird enough I got a Nazareth Speedway mod to load but no other tracks.

Heres the pictures

I dont know why... but you are missing the MAS files in your folder screen shots and in the error message.

Take a look at the download files again... you will see the MAS files and where they should be.

Normally for tracks you open the compressed download file RAR in many cases... then drag and drop the contents into \Gamedata\Locations.

Cheers

I dont know why... but you are missing the MAS files in your folder screen shots and in the error message.

Take a look at the download files again... you will see the MAS files and where they should be.

Normally for tracks you open the compressed download file RAR in many cases... then drag and drop the contents into \Gamedata\Locations.

Cheers
Thanks man,
I am doing that which is odd. Is the MAS files suppose to be somewhere specifically. I unzip the files using the RAR Opener.

Try using a different archive tool... 7-Zip is a good open source tool.

If you look at a stock track you will see where MAS file are found, normally in the first folder of a track...

Ohhhh... I just looked again at your pictures... For Fontana you need to copy the US Pits folder too.

In almost every case... open the archive and copy all of the contents to the Locations folder. This is more or less an unwritten standard. Some times additional folders are used for various reasons.

Last edited:
Queensland 4 layouts WIP

New connector roads complete, based on sat image.
New 3d curbs lofted, as close to real life curbs as I could do. Low profile saw-tooth runoff curb borrowed from Reiza Montreal.
New curb textures, modified from Reiza textures with worn curb and alpha specular.
Improved pit out lane merge.... the pit lane in general is not accurate to life, but this should benefit the sim racing.
New smoothed road lines.
Grass and road verge stitched to the new curbs and connector roads complete.
Tonnes of behind the scenes fixes and tweaks complete (overlapping polys and other strange geometry).

Patrick did a great update to the tire walls and road shaders... I always wanted to open the 4 layouts here.

Stay tuned.
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Gringo, since you guys seems to be back in action (did you ever stop?lol) there is hope to see Donington, Thruxton, Silverstone National etc?
Reiza Brit pack + your tracks is the only way for a full BTCC calendar right now... You already did some tracks for gsce but some are still missing...so...sorry if I ask but I love your work...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back