AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

For tracks that have already been brought up to SCE standards, I'm finding it as simple as changing these lines in the .scn file. For example:

MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS

Turns into

MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

This has worked pretty much faultlessly for me so far. As far as the visual rubber build up? I don't know what you do. Getting the grip to actually change seems fairly simple, although I'm still experimenting with that.

Sorry I am a novice how do I get into the scn file to edit it. I can see it but cant edit,

You're help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers

Does anyone have any working knowledge of how to insert DRS data into the tracks, I know obviously once you've got the data you insert it into the gdb file, but I can't recall how you get the initial data of where the points start, end etc.

In regards to track porting, has anyone managed to port a RF2 track to AMS? I know it's been discussed in the past but didn't know if there had been any progress on the matter. Having purchased the KartSim mod id love to be able to blast round Buckmore on AMS. The track quality is amazing.

Sorry, but don’t port these tracks to AMS without permission! @Kartsim1
It's for personal use only. Especially as I've paid for the content, and will happily pay for future content they release, I asked out of curiosity. Your stirring up un-wanted drama. Plus I'm completely of the opinion these guys should of used AMS as a base rather than RF2, the standard of their work is incredible and visually AMS is more impressive than RF2. But hey ho that's just my opinion.

Why would you use a product that has finished its development, is limited by its 32bit architecture, lacks dynamic weather, lacks VR, has a 24h cycle that is a russian roulette, instead of the other one that has 5 years of secured updates? One of the updates being a competition structure that may increase the amount of copies you sell...
Just for graphics (that is still the same thing from 2005 just with better shaders)? Does not seem that smart to me.

Last edited:
I can say that for much I tried to enjoy rf2, ams is still my number one sim by some margin, and if there is something that is a lot better in ams than in every other sim I played is ffb. Ams feels better overall ( much more connected to the car) than rf2, well at least in my opinion. And I would love to have those karts tracks in ams!

Why would you use a product that has finished its development, is limited by its 32bit architecture, lacks dynamic weather, lacks VR, has a 24h cycle that is a russian roulette, instead of the other one that has 5 years of secured updates? One of the updates being a competition structure that may increase the amount of copies you sell...
Just for graphics (that is still the same thing from 2005 just with better shaders)? Does not seem that smart to me.
Ok well that's your opinion, but I don't share it. Rf2 personally runs much worse on my computer than AMS, hence my personal preference, so that's why I said that. I'm not going to prefer a game that runs worse am I?!

Quick modding question: which parameter in the AIW file controls the "height" of the graphical racing groove in AMS? On a few tracks, in spots, the groove appears to float just above the track surface. I'd like to get it back on track ;) I am using the AIW+CAM Editor, but still can't figure it out!

Quick modding question: which parameter in the AIW file controls the "height" of the graphical racing groove in AMS? On a few tracks, in spots, the groove appears to float just above the track surface. I'd like to get it back on track ;) I am using the AIW+CAM Editor, but still can't figure it out!

It's a while since I did this but I think it might have been
GrooveHeightOffset=0.000000

Does anyone have any working knowledge of how to insert DRS data into the tracks, I know obviously once you've got the data you insert it into the gdb file, but I can't recall how you get the initial data of where the points start, end etc.

You can get the coordinates by looking at the AIW file in guitarmans AIW/CAM editor.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%