AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

Some of the other mod tracks, ported over from GSC, suffer from what looks like extreme contrast - the whites are blinding and the colours look washed out. Does anyone know of a way to play around with the scn file to improve things a wee bit? AmbientColor maybe?

I have messed around with Type=Directional Color=(220, 220, 220) Dir=(0.5, -0.9, 0.5) a little bit, but ...

Apologies if this is a daft question. I'm completely scn illiterate.

Oh, nothing from the megapack. Just some other miscellaneous stuff (mostly for CART).

But thanks for the concern and the offer.

Also, I noticed that Sweet Effects had turned itself on after the last update. I turned it back off and that helped a bit too.

There is a quick fix that I use often. Add "intensity" to the scn then adjust the value to however it makes it look best, depending on the track. I have ranged this value anywhere from .70 to .90. This will fix that glare in a hurry! ;)

Color=(255, 255,245) Intensity=(0.80)

Great tip Dann :) I loaded a SCE version of Sachsenring into AMS over the weekend and found some sections very white, glared and washed out. This fix has made a huge improvement! Thanks!

Sans_titre-6.201776113954.jpg

Spring version added.

Last cams received.

Some small details too fix and you will have it. Before this WE ;)

Last edited:
That looks amazing Gringo. Another worthy addition to this awesome game.
Will it have the 4 layouts? and is it a mod updated, or work from scratch??

Will it have the 4 layouts?

The two long versions were done... and it would be possible to add the short "A" layout as the pit lane serves this loop. However we decided that it was too short / slow to be much fun. I don't think the short layouts get used very often if at all.

As far as I know the track was originally built for rF2 in BTB then sent to PG by the author to convert to AMS.

The track has some night lighting that was redone from scratch for the AMS version... however you can expect the night lighting to be a bit fps hungry.

The track is resource hungry due to some optimization issues with materials and some high poly objects. I will try to setup the VIS groups to help out the lower end systems. That said I get good performance overall with a gtx 1070.

It is a fun layout, with some interesting corner elements. I find when I drive it I keep getting faster with each lap.

Just waiting on a few details and a release should come soon.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years