AMS Modding - Requests

g-foitek-1990.jpg

I request the Onyx ORE-1B from 1990

Would anyone be able to create the goodwood revival circuit? Theres one on rFactor that I know i could just port but obviously it could do with re-shading and toning up abit, something that i literally have no idea about

FRIEND.

I'd have never thought somebody would ever request this car to be made.

There's a SRM F1 1990 mod for rF1, but I heard the mod isn't that great and probably wouldn't be worth to convert to AMS.

Well,I'm currently making one. But it won't be that brilliant.

Yes,the SRM 1990 mod isn't that good. The W12 engine is waaay to fast. There's no Coloni C3B with Subaru engine. And the physics aren't that realistic.

And obviously: The Onyx ORE-1 and ORE-1B are beautiful and deserves a good mod for AMS.

Oh really? I race at a historic simracing league that put emphasis on historic. So too fast Lifes and Colonis missing Subarus would be a big NO.

I also had the feeling that the cars kinda seemed weird on scale(dimensions) when put against similiar generation mods like F1 1991(F1SR).

As for Monteverdi-Onyx, I was born and live in Binningen, the hometown and former headquarters of Peter Monteverdi. My family lives actually right behind the complex Monteverdi owned, sadly the museum has now closed down and some of the cars were transfered to the museum for traffic at Lucerne so people could still see them.

One of the F1 cars(they have like four of them, the two '90 cars aswell as the red-white test cars for '91) is often being used by a private person for track days, the other spent more time at the museum, I actually saw it quite often for real as it was exhibited in the glass cabinet you could see from outside. It's now at the museum for traffic aswell I believe.

Oh really? I race at a historic simracing league that put emphasis on historic. So too fast Lifes and Colonis missing Subarus would be a big NO.

I also had the feeling that the cars kinda seemed weird on scale(dimensions) when put against similiar generation mods like F1 1991(F1SR).

As for Monteverdi-Onyx, I was born and live in Binningen, the hometown and former headquarters of Peter Monteverdi. My family lives actually right behind the complex Monteverdi owned, sadly the museum has now closed down and some of the cars were transfered to the museum for traffic at Lucerne so people could still see them.

One of the F1 cars(they have like four of them, the two '90 cars aswell as the red-white test cars for '91) is often being used by a private person for track days, the other spent more time at the museum, I actually saw it quite often for real as it was exhibited in the glass cabinet you could see from outside. It's now at the museum for traffic aswell I believe.

Maybe,I can modify the Life and make a Coloni C3B myself as an addon.

I wonder,why they made those test cars xD

Maybe,I can modify the Life and make a Coloni C3B myself as an addon.

I wonder,why they made those test cars xD

They were nearly the same as the '90 cars I believe. Peter Monteverdi probably hoped they could make a comeback for '91. But I dunno really.

I met their old crew head mechanic, Ueli Schüpbach, some time ago, thanks to my father. Too bad I didn't ask him about that, only asked him if Eric Bernard really put Gregor Foitek into the wall at Monaco to take 6th off him.

He did, so I can keep hating Bernard:D

They were nearly the same as the '90 cars I believe. Peter Monteverdi probably hoped they could make a comeback for '91. But I dunno really.

I met their old crew head mechanic, Ueli Schüpbach, some time ago, thanks to my father. Too bad I didn't ask him about that, only asked him if Eric Bernard really put Gregor Foitek into the wall at Monaco to take 6th off him.

He did, so I can keep hating Bernard:D
The 91 test car had some differences in the airbox. But the livery was cool :D

Yeah I hate Bernard too. And I also heard,that Monteverdi had done poor preperation to their cars,so that Foitek left the team nad then Onyx folded

Not sure if the test livery was just temporary as they didn't have a big sponsor, but as Marlboro was on it, maybe that's why it was red-white.

Yeah, the state of the cars detoriated more and more. So much, that the mechanics had to take spare parts from the collection at the museum to fix the cars.

Mike Earle and later chief constrcutor Alan Jenkins, the last remains of the respectable team staff of old Onyx, left the team, the latter because his salary was gonna be seriously cut. After the Van Rossum debacle, this was a hughe blow for the team.

Karl Foitek, father of Gregor and known as main importer of Ferrari in Switzerland, told his son to leave the team after he felt like the cars were running "death traps". Not long after, before Spa, the team had disappeared.

There is multiplayer information in the AMS user guide. From Steam launch AMS then select "Show Manual". There are specific ports you need to open to make your server connectable and they are listed in the manual.

But like Will said, the dedicated server is very straightforward. Start AMS from Steam and select "Launch Dedicated Server" and it will guide you through the options. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%