AMS Modding - Cars (Work in progress)

So, I'm tweaking the F1 1995 skinpack performance files (for personal use) in order to add more variance to the way the cars drive, as opposed to just altering engine power. I'm currently changing the power and torque multipliers (hopefully matching them somewhat to their real life counterparts), the base body drag, as well as front and rear wings base downforce and drag. I was wondering if there's a a similar base/overall stat for mechanical grip, or if AMS calculates everything from suspension and body data.

If this works (looks like it does), I might try my hand at making the updates.ini for the awesome 1996 mod.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all. I need a favor.
I want to make a mod of a car of the Live for speed simulator, but I do not have 3DsMax to convert a file to .dae or .obj.
Can someone with 3DsMax do me the favor of converting the file?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings.
---------------- EDIT -------------
Problem solved. Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Hi all.
Does anyone know what values this height depends on in the showroom?
No matter where I place the model in 3DSimed, that height does not vary.
and in spinner.gen I can only vary the height of the reflection.

View attachment 273936

Someone please? I'm going crazy.

Thanks

Well, after so long I found the solution ... And as always, that was a dunce thing.

In the "_Spinner.gen" do not put the wheels in the section

Instance=LFTIRE
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=xxx_lf.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False bla bla bla....
}

Just put the name of the ".gmt" of your wheel in the section

Instance=SLOT<ID>
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=xxx_lf.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False blaaaa blaaa blaaaaa...

And ready. Problem solved. Each wheel properly supported on the floor.
Do this only in the file "xxx_spinner.gen" not in the file "xxx.gen"

Greetings and thanks to those who at some point gave me a hand with this problem.

Well, after so long I found the solution ... And as always, that was a dunce thing.

In the "_Spinner.gen" do not put the wheels in the section

Instance=LFTIRE
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=xxx_lf.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False bla bla bla....
}

Just put the name of the ".gmt" of your wheel in the section

Instance=SLOT<ID>
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=xxx_lf.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False blaaaa blaaa blaaaaa...

And ready. Problem solved. Each wheel properly supported on the floor.
Do this only in the file "xxx_spinner.gen" not in the file "xxx.gen"

Greetings and thanks to those who at some point gave me a hand with this problem.

It is absolutely helpful that you have posted the solution and not just a simple "solution found" as it is often the case. Thanks a lot for this:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@vettelsepp

You are welcome. In this place many people helped me and even then the solution was not found, but the effort and the gratitude to help were there. It would be very ungrateful for me to find the solution and not share it, because if nobody could give me the solution it is because nobody knew it. (Or those who know it are silent) I prefer to be on the other side. Hahaha.
Greetings.

Hello everyone, I'm reworking this beautiful car from the old rFactor MOD. (Reworking the original mesh and adding details to the modeling ... Some made in my own 3D program as well as borrowing from other mods ... XD)

Screenshot4826.jpg Screenshot6321.jpg Screenshot7822.jpg Screenshot19554.jpg

I already know that there is a conversion of this category for AMS, but I wanted to make one more consistent with the current AMS standards.
The bad thing is that I do not get too much information about the 2006 season of the Mergane Trophy, nor too many reference photos.
Does anyone have information to provide? Any linck that does not appear in Google looking for the traditional way?

@skylineforever

Thanks man. But there seems to be problems with the page. (Maybe it's my Firefox)
Also for what I could see is the 2012 season, and not being able to see the page I do not know if there will be information of the 2006 season ...
But thanks anyway.

upload_2019-6-30_16-10-28.png upload_2019-6-30_16-10-58.png upload_2019-6-30_16-11-15.png

Hi, here I come with another problem ...
I am in the process with a mod, but when it comes to the track it does not leave the pit lane. It hits an invisible wall.

Any idea what it could be?

remember that this had happened to me once but I don't know how it was solved ... It has happened to me again and I don't get the problem ...

@Dethrone1427

I will check on that side. But until it hits the wall the engine responds well.

The subject is like that.
I am adding a car to a mod (SP-Mod)
I have in this new car all the same parameters as one of the mod itself. The original car goes off track without problems. But the aggregate is the one that hits the invisible wall.

The mod has an "upgrade.ini" file with many parameters, but I have reviewed it and I don't see what this problem may be giving me.
As an additional fact, the mod that gave me the same problem a while ago was a standalone mod, without upgrades or anything. Only one car in test.
That's why I think the only place where the problem may be is in the ".gen" file

I will also check the engine files. Thank you

No. It is not engine.ini problem
I changed the file and still doing the same.
I have separated the mod completely, using the files of the other mod but in a different folder, only this car with its own .srs file in "series" and I cannot solve the problem.

The "upgrades.ini" file does not modify graphic parts, only sound files and the .hdv (Engine power, suspension, turbo sounds, etc ..)

I tried to stop using the upgrades file and get it on track only with the files indicated by the .hdv ... But the problem persists.

I have also changed files for suspension, tires, engine, damage, gearbox ... But I can't fix it.

Everything indicates that it is a problem of .gen files
But I have no idea what the problem may be.

I will continue investigating when my headache goes away ... hahaha

I'm trying to put myself into the problem right now. You have actually exchanged all relevant files on a trial basis, without success. Maybe the series file is the problem (any Filter?), did you try to let the ai drive the car? May you let us know what the Basemod is, that makes it easier to find causes. I dont know what SP-Mod means.

@vettelsepp
Hello mate.
The mod in question no longer matters. Since I have changed all files using this model (xxx.gen / xxx.spinner.gen / xxx.mas) by assigning all new files outside the SP-Mod and still doing the same ...
I have also changed the .srs file in "series" but it is not fixed.

I think I have nothing left to try.
Everything indicates that the problem is in the vehicle's .gen files. (3DSimEd)
But I've investigated it and I don't see the problem ... most of the shaders are still in T1. and the few assigned shaders I have already used without problem in another mod.

Apparently I have a lot of aim for rare problems ... haha
Regards!

Ok, I don't understand anything anymore ...
As a test to rule out possibilities, I put the files of another car (* .gen / * .spinner.gen / * .mas) within this mod ... could not leave the pitlane either. (Discarded the problem of .gen files)

But then I put the files of the problematic car into another mod ... He also couldn't get out of the pitlane ...

Now I do not understand.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years