AMS Modding - Cars (Work in progress)

grab_321.jpg

In the final stages before release :)
does the mod have all ams features? like flatspots etc? looks good btw.

Tech question that hopefully someone here can answer:

How do you control the likelihood of tire squeal in an AMS mod? Not the volume of the skid sound, but the base amount of squealing. Some mods have excessive tire squeal (still almost squeals when the car is going straight) and some have next to none (you can slide the car sideways and only get scrub sounds or almost nothing, but not squeal).

Is there an adjustment for this, or is it a problem rooted in the sound files chosen for skid and scrub and the volume settings in .SFX?

I would say try another skid sound, obviously look at the path of the file, then copy and paste it into the problematic .SFX file. Or physically copy and paste that file into the folder of the sound file you want to alter and rename it and then change the path in the SFX file to match. Then just decrease the sound volume value to what you want. That's what I have been doing for years, it works. Personally I think the Reiza turbo sounds are comically loud, I'd love to be able to edit them down but can't recall if the SFX files are visible or not within the car folders. I know I've altered the turbo noise in this manner for Patrick's Indy mod and it worked - it worked real nice.

I would say try another skid sound, obviously look at the path of the file, then copy and paste it into the problematic .SFX file. Or physically copy and paste that file into the folder of the sound file you want to alter and rename it and then change the path in the SFX file to match. Then just decrease the sound volume value to what you want. That's what I have been doing for years, it works. Personally I think the Reiza turbo sounds are comically loud, I'd love to be able to edit them down but can't recall if the SFX files are visible or not within the car folders. I know I've altered the turbo noise in this manner for Patrick's Indy mod and it worked - it worked real nice.

So, the actual triggering of the squealing is buried in the physics calcs (hidden or encrypted) and we can only control the volume and choice of sound file?

Here you can find/adjust the triggering of the squeeling, in the SFX file.
Look at the text in red.
These are the entries that Reiza uses. But if a mod is not provided with these entries in the SFX file, you can copy/paste all these entries into the SFX file of your choice.

//Global mix volume multipliers
EngineMixMultiplier=1.0
GearboxMixMultiplier=1.0
SurfaceEffectsMultiplier=0.85
ShiftSoundMultiplier=1.0
BackfireMultiplier=1.0
WindHeavyFrequencyDivisor=83.0 //73.0
WindHeavySpeedEndFade=120.0 //80.0
SurfaceEffectsOffsetMultiplier=(1.7, 1.45) //Live Play Offset Mult, Replay Offset Mult
//ReplaySurfaceEffectsMultiplier=(0.5, 0.96)

ScrubTireVolMultiplier=0.00012
ScrubTireFreqGrip=-0.25000
ScrubTireFreqSpeed=0.00391
ScrubTireStartGripFract=0.91 //at what grip level should scrub sound start
ScrubTirePeakGripFract=0.51 //at what grip level scrub sound is at it's maximum
ScrubTireStopGripFract=0.1 //grip level where scrub sound is stopped

SkidTireVolMultiplier=0.00012
SkidTireFreqGrip=-0.25000
SkidTireFreqSpeed=0.00625
SkidTireStartGripFract=0.31

RoadNoiseVolSpeed=32.00000
RoadNoiseVolMult=0.0001
RoadNoiseFreqMin=0.80000
RoadNoiseFreqMult=0.00391

//Sound effects controls
OcclusionLevel=(0.3, 0.5) //(default occlusion level when inside cockpit, occlusion multiplier for sounds in distance)

Cheers

Here you can find/adjust the triggering of the squeeling, in the SFX file.
Look at the text in red.
These are the entries that Reiza uses. But if a mod is not provided with these entries in the SFX file, you can copy/paste all these entries into the SFX file of your choice.

//Global mix volume multipliers
EngineMixMultiplier=1.0
GearboxMixMultiplier=1.0
SurfaceEffectsMultiplier=0.85
ShiftSoundMultiplier=1.0
BackfireMultiplier=1.0
WindHeavyFrequencyDivisor=83.0 //73.0
WindHeavySpeedEndFade=120.0 //80.0
SurfaceEffectsOffsetMultiplier=(1.7, 1.45) //Live Play Offset Mult, Replay Offset Mult
//ReplaySurfaceEffectsMultiplier=(0.5, 0.96)

ScrubTireVolMultiplier=0.00012
ScrubTireFreqGrip=-0.25000
ScrubTireFreqSpeed=0.00391
ScrubTireStartGripFract=0.91 //at what grip level should scrub sound start
ScrubTirePeakGripFract=0.51 //at what grip level scrub sound is at it's maximum
ScrubTireStopGripFract=0.1 //grip level where scrub sound is stopped

SkidTireVolMultiplier=0.00012
SkidTireFreqGrip=-0.25000
SkidTireFreqSpeed=0.00625
SkidTireStartGripFract=0.31

RoadNoiseVolSpeed=32.00000
RoadNoiseVolMult=0.0001
RoadNoiseFreqMin=0.80000
RoadNoiseFreqMult=0.00391

//Sound effects controls
OcclusionLevel=(0.3, 0.5) //(default occlusion level when inside cockpit, occlusion multiplier for sounds in distance)

Cheers

Thanks--exactly what I was looking for!

I still have this problem ... does anyone know how to solve it?

Hi all... again. I have a little problem with 3DsimED.
Having to set the DirectX Shader for the headlights
I have seen that "Light Flare - Headlights" is used.
But without putting any texture in the "Channel 1 / Diffuse Map T2" tab.

My problem is that I can not set that tab empty...
I save the .gmt file without assigning it that texture, but when trying to run the mod in AMS it crashes.
When I reopen the saved file, the main texture has been assigned to the Diffuse Map T2 tab.

View attachment 277325

Does anyone know how to make this tab without texture?

As always, thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

What happened?
my bad, post useless. I just edited it.

2b5f900263d8d6c5202c0510bdc986e8.png

So I'm part of a team that's going to attempt to do the full FIA GT 1998-1999 seasons for AMS, and we're looking for additional modelers to help. We've gotten permissions to use and edit a decent amount of models for the seasons from other sources, and are creating our own as well. However there's a lot of obscure cars between the two seasons and our main modeler won't be able to complete everything. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help out, above is an example of his Lister.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%