AMS Modding - Cars (Work in progress)

@hummer444: Pls let me know if you have any questions or need detail shots or documents of the Scirocco R-Cup, I have direct access to a lot of information.

Thx Andre, much appreciated:thumbsup: You can send me a PM with your info etc.
Added Scirocco Safety Car:D will only be active in Scirocco R Cup mod (when released here).

sc.jpg

sc1.jpg

Is this similar to the mini performance-wise ? Does it drive, feel similarly ?

No, not like the Mini. I have implemented as much real life info as i could gather and implemented this info into the physics as far as is possible.
Setting the AI at 100% on Adelaide Modern layout, the Scirocco does the laps approx. 3 seconds slower than the Marcas.(same AI strength, same fuel level). I know it's not absolute, but rather an indication.
@Andre Dietzel just offered his knowledge on real life physics/performance as he was involved in the real life Scirocco R Cup:thumbsup: Will try to optimize the physics with his info to come close to real life performance. Although there are some limitations that are hardcoded into the AMS.exe.

But what are you trying ot see? The new features are in the CART Extreme mod (except sfx I think), it's just a matter of adapting it (gearbox damage) and just copy the flatspot part and do some experiment with it, the line names are very self explanatory. If the cars have downshift protection in real life that does not let it overrev check EEC GT3 cars for an example, that's how I added it there. (I did a poor implementation of the flatspot tho, I should have added same as Reiza does)
Is there anything new on suspension? Last time I checked there wasn't

Another good sample http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/corvette-c7-r.12020/ (check the special thanks) ;)

Last edited:
What i meant was that you can't implement real life specs 1:1 for suspension/tyres etc. Most probably you will loose all feeling. Weight and other dimensions is not a problem, same goes for engine specs like RPM and torque, and gearbox and ratios. However, in real life the Scirocco R Cup uses a DSG gearbox with a six steps double clutch transmission, which is hard to implement/simulate into the AMS physics. Also in real life the P2P (temp. boost) couldn't get used in the first opening lap. Unfortunately in AMS it's possible to use the boost right at racestart. And 8 times per race during 10 sec. This is all hardcoded in engine of AMS and can't be adjusted or changed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back