AMS is not running on 4k-displays...

...at least not on mine anymore. First day i had no problems, but after some hidden update it´s not possible to launch a track anymore. With a fresh reinstall i can´t even type in my Username and get to the menu. With the old user-folder it´s getting to the point when the session should start. But it just hangs up. What the **** did you break Reiza?
And tried all possible graphics settings without any differences. So it´s your shitty update that sucks.

...at least not on mine anymore. First day i had no problems, but after some hidden update it´s not possible to launch a track anymore. With a fresh reinstall i can´t even type in my Username and get to the menu. With the old user-folder it´s getting to the point when the session should start. But it just hangs up. What the **** did you break Reiza?
And tried all possible graphics settings without any differences. So it´s your shitty update that sucks.

Do you use a nvidia card ? If so did you update the driver in the past few days?
If so that's your issue and not reiza's shitty update....the 368.xx driver they released got yanked due to multiple issues and not being able to start some games.
I had this issue with mine and did a clean install of the driver and reverted back too whql 362 everything works fine now.

I installed various old GFX-drivers (with checking the clean-install-option) and even went back to 347, than 359 and now 362 all with the same problem. I reseted the settings in the Nvidia control panel to default. If the driver is the issue, what else can i do?

I updated the gfx driver today from the 362.00 driver to the 364.51 driver and have no problems with either with AMS. One thing I do is always do the custom option, and check clean install, and also deselect everything (Audio, and anything to do with 3D) and on install the driver and the physics (and GFE if there has been an update).

Edit... I do have a 4K screen and run at 3840x2160

Last edited:
I did several fresh installs of drivers and AMS, but the issue goes much deeper. I can't run any DX9 related games anymore and even iRacing with DX11 is stuttering and not playable like R3E, rF2 and probably GSC as well. Dirt Rally, AC, pCars no problem and yes, I installed the DX9 drivers again. I get runtime broker errors in the Event Log, but normally this is not related to DX9, so probably need to reinstall Windows:mad:

I would contact nvidia support....one last thing I did was I went into my nvidia driver folder and deleted all past driver files than did a custom install (now running 364.xx with no issues) I only installed the graphics driver, physicx and GeForce experience.
If that doesn't work you might want to try reverting your entire pc back to a save point prior to your issues.

Wow, sorry to hear your deeper problems. Good luck with the reinstall man.
Thanks, but wasn´t necessary:)
I had already made my backup, but the exe on the Windows 8.1 stick didn´t want to boot from a Windows 10 installation. I don´t know why (tried it before) but i clicked again on recovery and noticed that i forgot to click on the checkbox for showing older backups. And there it was: The recovery file from the 2nd of march before the last Windows update. So this was probably causing the issue because now AMS and rF2 is running again and i think i don´t have to check on R3E and iRacing :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back