AMS Indycar Mod Upgrade Patch

Other AMS Indycar Mod Upgrade Patch v1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

AMS Indycar Mod Upgrade Patch - Suspension, Physics, Steering Wheel, Race Suite and Helmet Upgrade Patch

Hi Guys

Before I start I just want thank VaunBob, for the conversion and all the work he put in to bring this mod to AMS.

This is my own personal upgrade the the AMS Indycar 2016 Mod.

Update details:

- New suspension and physics
- New Steering wheel
- New Tire's
- Ride height adjustment for better appearance
- Helmet and Race Suite included

I love my open wheel car's of all types and I will go as...

Read more about this resource...

Can you fix the opponent filter please?

I know what you mean now, busy with a new skin for the mod and the opponent filter on the right does not show properly.
Not sure how to fix this, they are all selected by default and has no affect on the race but I also would like to the rows.
Will have a look and see if I can fix it or if someone is reading this, HELP US :)

@ClimaxF1 you can run the mod through rfactortools and click "Clear Vehicle Class" then add ICS16 in the "Reiza Class" field so all of the cars are in the same class. This makes it easier as you can compete against all cars together. ;)

Then change your vehicle filter in the srs file from this:
Vehicle Filter = OR: 16SPT ICS16
to this:
Vehicle Filter = OR: ICS16

You will want to update these as well:

Mod Name = Indycar 2016 Season

And

Season = Indycar 2016 Season
{
FullSeasonName = Indycar 2016 Season
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |ICS16

upload_2018-5-21_17-35-11.png

@ClimaxF1 you can run the mod through rfactortools and click "Clear Vehicle Class" then add ICS16 in the "Reiza Class" field so all of the cars are in the same class. This makes it easier as you can compete against all cars together. ;)

Then change your vehicle filter in the srs file from this:
Vehicle Filter = OR: 16SPT ICS16
to this:
Vehicle Filter = OR: ICS16

You will want to update these as well:

Mod Name = Indycar 2016 Season

And

Season = Indycar 2016 Season
{
FullSeasonName = Indycar 2016 Season
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |ICS16

View attachment 252565

Buys with it now, did figure it out, just a pain to do because I have edit all the veh files manually.

Don't have RFactor tool.

Grouping them all into one 2016 Season and adding a 2017 Season as well.

Appreciate the effort and at least I feel better now

ClimaxF1 updated AMS Indycar Mod Upgrade Patch with a new update entry:

New series file, veh. files & Alonso Indy 500 skin

Hi Guys

Just want to say thank you to for using the support section to inform me about the opponents and also to for assisting with the series and veh, files.

Update details:

- New series file
- New veh. files
- Alonso Indy 500 skin and helmet added

Special thanks to jvinu2000 for his base helmet design. Without his wonderful designs these conversions would not be possible.

P.S. If you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Guys

This is for those like myself who don't particularly like the Indy Chevy sounds.
The Honda seems to be setup much better, timing is good and sounds proper in-comparison to the Chevy which are most of the cars in the IndyCar Mod.

These steps will guide you so that you can make these changes quickly by your self.

The sounds I use for the Chevy Indy cars are from the F_V10, I've tried various files and this suits the car perfectly, internal and external sounds are extremely well balanced on the car.

• Back up first!
  • Each car has it own skin with a veh. file that contains all the information to call the skin, various other things and the sounds
  • As an example I will use Montoya's car.
  • Open Montoya's file and these are the files you will see and the one will be the veh. file.
ktIgUIZ1I5O1Um6qpgR1AzNCIHlAGesBgGlttP7MWYMMnoNsczpTM8X6XGeHVWVfd3KX0lts3363KqBymvm_SYZ2DS64AzlkB6ZdIM4BJ-JVa0_dWkVeBMOsIktthkSkr4lIBdShChZYD8DRIK9oux4LG7XHYc_mPWSwYTEIAdeXUmk-c1ogqP5Nf4NWV7N7h_jKuMDYHN36uJg_z5a1QjZ6g8VVh1Q6xE23bqYkmKelQUrRw19QzUVjctE5cEZIKid2sQSg9rgGQGvtGORg-zyuKOakCkF8iRvheJbR1m0C7FYrLTU_Sl5sfVjj73OedIT47xxbFp8wBlDhGo7-sfXT7ffNuXEXixB-ni1FsuXJlwX0TbDcjxjTOEi2E1rlvvqoGqQIf7jvmxKIPSBAwx3eha0EgxZjmDvM0PaMsm9B9HSap5u8mIvmWRTiO5hjph_Yyp3k9HZ87b7S9wIAfMKenDvEMO0dap6Ou7iaOjDeMROzvUXDqlAsNOvw5BD9JfLQv_4JWlgA1GneR0wd8q9nlbeFrabUo6k3C5-58g4Gw2bHQ3ytih521eODrdqZzkd9D96lVYJhDhabbz1VB5rlwkiHKorFXg9siVrQ=w641-h402-no

• Open the Montoya_2SPT with notepad and you will see this right at the top
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DefaultLivery="Montoya_2SPT.dds"

HDVehicle=DallaraDW12.hdv
Graphics=Dallara_DW12.gen
Spinner=Dallara_DW12_spinner.gen
GenString=2 // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
Cameras=Dallara_cams.cam // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
Sounds=Chevy.sfx
HeadPhysics=Dw12_HeadPhysics.ini // Affects driver eyepoint only
Cockpit=dw12_cockpitinfo.ini
Upgrades=DW12_CHEVYUpgrades.ini
BaseVehiclePrice=0
UnlockExperience=0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change the sounds to the F-V10 you must edit this line highlighted in red

Sounds=Chevy.sfx
BaseVehiclePrice=0
UnlockExperience=0

Change it to

Sounds=F_V10\F_V10_sound.sfx
BaseVehiclePrice=0
UnlockExperience=0

• Now click save, make sure that you don't click save as or it will change the format and will not work
ObbeLkTHnuAU-Jicjrs4sZ8Q2uEN5Oy4ZGc9QuAPZ56jWZNqqQrJdru-9ffsvYiC7mxGNl85mC3_EzsRW2e00Iwedec5LrrsPxONdHqIMV49D_CV2IBJB72li53UNeCWlDOBjvK0_bWUDYJ9qpnKtl90DUAiQXa4hRvCaPQPn0ArQQvltFLhu-pG-7o5j2_xzH3hZcRA15itoznYGTHrLOMCgCQG7L2Z3WF9qNe52G2Fro8NjEbP7gel4hIgt2pzytIgaoImy4zwvmZ8XIWFaGX1FqEdRf2OuDGos_13O1U3nctGWqQuwBdZE4-jpWq_T7-hwqN_3tf02AJrJvwa3xnUiMsyKca-UEcoj_jLqh2O4gNfaeRrLJbmWcLNhqhvOM79rTCjautNIhdnlWnOzjXspB_9XMYCfsiP5bFg_4oLi1iu5Yd0f-aLs7RqQ6WX4VUkBqyz9ofHQuPz3TDmQDrQvUZD1oVO_coB8Q83vEUXHEkpnhsTXDRxNz1K_qbRrNA1hmpDPLhgCQBxD5-8KssnTPNFpqEX-DpSQG5YaNaZhBDCiuHmw9l9BBMW-n0SMk4A1Pj54mbS103H1dK09nkwt3RWkvtXjm2q8CtA=w941-h419-no

Make sure that you follow these steps exactly or your car will not show in the menu.

Quick step guide:

1. Open the veh. file with notepad
2. Change: Sounds=Chevy.sfx
3. Change to: Sounds=F_V10\F_V10_sound.sfx
4. Click save

5 Enjoy the new sounds :)

Last edited:
Buys with it now, did figure it out, just a pain to do because I have edit all the veh files manually.

Don't have RFactor tool.

Grouping them all into one 2016 Season and adding a 2017 Season as well.

Appreciate the effort and at least I feel better now
Ahh too bad. Ractortools is free and here on RD. It updates the veh files in seconds.

Ahh too bad. Ractortools is free and here on RD. It updates the veh files in seconds.
Did try your way but it puts them all in the same group because of the same team and names in some cases,
Simon Pagenaud has three liveries in the same team and this causes a problem for AMS if you don't code the teams differently. By doing this all his skins don't show in one place but separated as they should and still under the same team.
The only way to get right was to give each driver it's own code which Rfactor tools couldn't have done.
Appreciate the help, it did confirm what I thought was the problem.
If you have a look at the update you'll notice that they are separated properly

ams-indy-verzon-series-opponents-jpg.252587

Last edited:
ClimaxF1 updated AMS Indycar Mod Upgrade Patch with a new update entry:

Montoya and Servia skin fix | Montoya helmet | sound setup tutorial

Hi Guys

Earlier I posted a optional sound setup tutorial in the support section and used Montoya's car as an example for the setup.

Whilst testing the sounds I noticed that the colors were very off and there was a ridiculous amount of glow.

Update details:

- Montoya and Servia skin fix (added clear blue layer for real silver and corrected opacity level)
- Added a Montoya helmet
- Tutorial for optional Chevy sounds which can be found below these pics.

Special thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How do i get to the setup page where I can choose "load realfeel files"? I don't see that inside of AMS.

Nevermind - found it. just not working for some reason.

Last edited:
How do i get to the setup page where I can choose "load realfeel files"? I don't see that inside of AMS.
Something I also noticed and am still not sure.

This is the first car update that I am uploading and still learning as I go..

I don't want to make too many changes unless I'm sure what I'm doing.

I am working on a new sound pack for both cars but this will take time and hopefully I will be able to sort one two areas.

You can select between the four levels of FFB for now but don't see the individual settings.

I also don't have the original mod so I have to use what's available to me.

You can also increase the FFB strength in the game.

Here's a sneak peak at something else on it's way. Little Ariel Pocket Rocket

8HGhpQZQsYaxsrCaQJQccxCsBDfVXE2kA1hG2AWgYblHeWARlPd4DNXoI0fxdZFCiDs2t_GuVBulbzxI9rvo0IPw8y3rJNR5SC4UmcwC20kBRgiENkC8IOH7hD-z708rHq3I56PSEwFutFM6d2MPwcq5uxc6XfPBYdUddNwx2cffqyoEc0G0HcFJ0Y-x4sleY5PrqgeNZ7-GTr-NkAOI7qRjfWXPRAHf-qlif-iJSRZGY5AhI7gGXwUIciVMc6dV2N75sKwzzb_I_c7ztKU2H5TWv12PF5iJmikV0mbBcrFq0oh618A9bz_UGQb747JZgrZNe9UzfPkBYJljgicHEqWMweegcx7fufubC0INQ-pnBoOWtFsKf6E6WiLhEjqgITQAa0LDH5kpljQSwkttjxyUOXz9TZWTHOPN7Hwgio8GqgOOYuKepkWdbBb9XLtRIR39EP70qhSeZun7iZB80MLdiHn94mO8OiT_TAJCys0tNhlqxodNPbDkGlZMAl19irylJB5nRPaiwRC5THDvZUtCGpVJR_btEgaawFv6Bs5LDwb6TVjgTILcoY4ncMf3wsd5Lqxe3qyC47RNcm6goX0eCtUC8n4ivqWB6uL9=w997-h573-no

Update details so far:

- New physics and suspension
- New upgrades, FFB etc.
- New sfx sound file
- New tires
- New rims
- Reworked all skins to remove glow
- Added some new skins
- All textures like carbon fibre, steering wheel, knobs, LCD, basically everything has being optimized and reworked.
- New cam file
- Helmets,race suite and gloves

Hey Climax.....thank you for the sound fix here. The dang Chevy engine sounds in this mod were just about unbearable. The F10 sounds suit that car pretty well. The Honda's always seemed ok to me.....but the Chevy's? Not good. Also.....thank you for making that upgrade patch as well.....I've been having a blast with this mod since your updates! Thanks again brother!

I tried to race this on your new Dakota track. It does not seem to work now. Perhaps AMS upgrade has effected this? ( I think it was working when I first installed last year).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%