AMS - How to transfer my User to new PC??

Hi guys, I need to now how to copy all my user data (setups, championships, lap records, car & track mods and so on), from my old laptop PC to a new one.
Anybody have a clue on what should I do?

Well. Something went wrong... :(

What I did.

On new PC, installed Steam and then AMS1.

On old PC, copy folders:
\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista
\Users\Myname\Documents\Automobilista

Copied both folders to the same location on new PC.

On new PC, open Steam and then try to run AMS1.
It will show the openning Reiza vídeo, then finally stops in a screen to write a user name, but it doesn't go forward.
I type a new name, my old name, nothing is accepted and the game wont run.:cry:

could have something to do with the os or some files in the game related to it, as Reb.Ellion stated.

i had similar problems once when switching to a new pc.

you could try following:

1. install the game from scratch, do not copy/paste any backups yet.

2. start the game, create a new profile, just to check if it works. then exit without playing.

3.from your backup, just copy/paste the folders "Vehicles", "Locations" "Sounds" and "Talent" to the GameData folder, i e.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista\GameData.
all the data of your mods should be within these folders, leave the rest like it is.

4. copy/paste your user profile to \Users\Myname\Documents\Automobilista
also your controller folder, if you have a backup, otherwise you must assign your keys/buttons again in game.

then start the game again, and you should be able to switch to your old profile. afterwards, just delete the new one.

i always start the game from a desktop short cut, because i had strange issues with profiles when starting from steam.

worked for me that way. good luck.:thumbsup:

btw, please excuse my bad english.

Last edited:
1. install the game from scratch, do not copy/paste any backups yet.

2. start the game, create a new profile, just to check if it works. then exit without playing.
This part Works ok, I uninstalled AMS, deletedthe whole folder from Program Files and from my User\Documents folder.
Reinstalled from scratch, run and created new User... up to here, it goes fine.

3.from your backup, just copy/paste the folders "Vehicles", "Locations" "Sounds" and "Talent" to the GameData folder, i e.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista\GameData.
all the data of your mods should be within these folders, leave the rest like it is.

4. copy/paste your user profile to \Users\Myname\Documents\Automobilista
also your controller folder, if you have a backup, otherwise you must assign your keys/buttons again in game.
Ok, I will try that and will post later if it works.

edit: also bring your old series - folder to the game, otherwise you can not choose the cars from your mods! sry, forgot that one.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista\Series
Will try that too, although I don't think i have any series mod.

Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back