AMS - Hints, Tips and Things You Might Have Missed

Hi, as AMS is new for most of us I decided to start this thread with things you might not notice in this game, things that migh help or just extend your experience. If somebody wants to add something, feel free (please add --> before your tip to make it visible in text/posts). Thank you
Tips are usualy written in short informative form. If you wanna details ask or google :)

--> You might need to restart you PC after AMS installation if you encouter FFB and control mapping issues
--> Some cars (V10) have auto upshift setting that is located in 1s garage menu, you need to turn it off there (different than difficulty assits)
--> Cars now have TC and ABS settings in garage menu (different than difficulty assists). You can map them to buttons (TC step up/down, ABS step up/down)
--> Formula Classic (1988) and Retro don`t require clutching on upshifts, just throttle liffting. You still need to clutch (H&T preferably) on downshifts
--> You can drive any car on dirt and super truck tracks by selecting All cars and tracks in class selection screen
--> Selecting All cars and tracks allows you to have mixed class sessions
--> Your pit garage has interior tuned to colors of your team, with team logo on walls
--> For more ballanced jumps with super strucks, brake as approaching edge of ramp and than accelerate and hold throttle mid air. Braking mid air will cause nose dive, rotating wheels will lean your vehicle
--> You can now turn on/off Virtual rearview mirrors in cockpit and Self in rearview in Display settings
--> Along with grip level of track, you can select how fast is track rubbering.
--> You can edit DynHud via editor located in /Plugins/DynHUD/editor.
--> You can choose if you wanna use DynHud or stock hud in Display menu
--> DRS can now be enabled only in DRS zones. You will get the notification on bottom left corner when entering such a zone.
--> There is a surprise at the end of RealFeel.ini :)
--> Nurburgring GP track by Patrick contains hot chicks on live billboards allong track - don`t get distracted!
ADDITION_1:
--> MoTec DataAquisition and Spotter plugins are working in AMS
--> Horsepowers in car description represent HP output on wheels not engine output
--> Formula 1 cars that are started with external starter in pit can`t be restarted after stalling out on track (list of vehicles related to this will be added after testing)
ADDITION_2:
-->
You can disable SweetFX in AMS launcher
--> To run AMS with antialiasing you have to force it via graphic driver (Nvidia profiler or inspector)
--> If you have performance issues related to FFB try setting FFB effects to low or/and set FFB Skip Updates="1" (or 2,3,4, etc) in Controller.ini (located in your game UserData folder)
--> If you have good FPS but still experience stuttering try to run AMS in fullscreen instead of widowed mode. You can set it in AMS Launcher
--> Track usage transfer from session to session (going from practice to qually to race) with some loose of rubber when changing.
ADDITION 3:
-->
compound of used tyres affect how fast is track rubbering
ADDITION 4:
-->
by editing Eyepoint in car_cockpit.ini you can set starting position of your cockpit camera. From where you can adjust seat forward and backward. That will allow you to move closer to dahsboard.
for example StockV8_2015_cockpitinfo.ini:

Eyepoint=(0.391, 0.78, 0.44) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK)
Editing last value to lower or negative will set you starting position closer to dash. Same goes for vertical and lateral positioning.
--> there are different layouts of DynHUD for practice, race, replay ... if you wanna only one, delete all except overlay.ini in Automobilista\Plugins\DynHUD\config\ ... or alternatively copy paste conetnt of overlay.ini to other ini files (overlay_RACE.ini)
--> excelent Crew Chief (crurrently V4) is now working with AMS (credists and thanx to @mr_belowski and @gongo )

Last edited:
Hope is OK to ask here as I expect answer would become a tip since AMS likely has many single screen users.

Is there a way (without vehicle modification or free cam) to obtain more seat adjustment for people running higher FOV and looks like sitting too far back in car?

The issue is that Real Head Motion disabled free cam.

TIA

Also the name of this game should be Automobilista - Full Screen Motorsports Simulator :whistling:

Hope is OK to ask here as I expect answer would become a tip since AMS likely has many single screen users.

Is there a way (without vehicle modification or free cam) to obtain more seat adjustment for people running higher FOV and looks like sitting too far back in car?

The issue is that Real Head Motion disabled free cam.

TIA

Also the name of this game should be Automobilista - Full Screen Motorsports Simulator :whistling:
The range for movement is always +/-100 but you can change driver position in car cam config files so the seat adjistment starts closer to steering wheel

You need the patch for motec pluggin
Data acquisition plugin 1.32 or something like that... Can't check.. 5000 km away from my pc ;)

Thanks @ouvert for putting me on the right track :thumbsup:

I got it working now. As a matter of fact I was trying to get it working with the wrong plugin !!! :barefoot:
I tried it with the rF1 Data acquisition Plugin by Lazza because I've used it and the rF2 version of that plugin for rF2 and Race07.
After your last posting I found the rF1 Data acquisition Plugin (ver 1.3.2) by DanZ and it worked with Automobilista. However, I still had a minor problem with the MoTeC i2 Pro version so I had to download the version at the plugin download site to make it work.

So here is my findings regarding the rF1 plugins:
The Lazza plugin works with MoTeC i2 Pro ver [mi2_pro_1.0.21.0069]. The DanZ plugin doesn't work.
The Lazza and the DanZ plugins both work with the MoTeC i2 Pro ver [mi2_pro_1.01.0082]

But guess it isn't too much of a difference between those two versions.

I still haven't found a good copy of the patched version of the DanZ plugin. I found one, but it was said by F-Secure to carry a Trojan so I didn't dare to install it.

Thanks again :thumbsup::)

Data Acquisition Plugin works, can confirm. At first I got issues, mainly because I just switched from Windows Vista to Windows 7, so I'm still in a learning process. Basically with 7, AMS installs your profile on Documents. You have to copy and paste all the files there on your installation folder (or just Config). Then check and double check the Log File Output Path= on the ini file.

Cars now have TC and ABS settings in garage menu (different than difficulty assists). You can map them to buttons (TC step up/down, ABS step up/down)
Have Reiza updated the actual source code regarding how TC works and these settings therefore are working in a different way than the traditional ISI engine/pMotor assists? Or are they the same as before but just simply different values from the assist's values?

Horsepowers in car description represent HP output on wheels not engine output
Have Reiza updated the actual source code and therefore finally allowed menu/U.I. data to be linked to the actual physics file of each car/model/car-number (eg. Life For Speed) or is this still just a number somebody decides to write in the menu?

P.S. Thanks for the great post :)

Last edited:
Formula cars don't have an onboard starter, they are started with an external crank by the pit crew. You can only start the car with the button when you are in the pit area. If you crash on track and the engine stalls, you're done. To avoid stalling, hold the clutch in when you spin/crash and you won't stall the engine...

Unless when the engine stops (provided it is not damaged), you can make it work again. But for this, you must rely on the luck of the car be at a point of the track that is a slope or grade to drop the gear drive and so the engine back to work (here in Brazil we call it "give a jolt"). For who have no idea what I'm talking about, just remember Senna vs Prost at Suzuka 89. the difference is that in that case, track marshals pushed the car to return to work.

--> To run AMS with antialiasing you have to force it via graphic driver (Nvidia profiler or inspector)

Hmmm I think it would be nice if we could do this from the launcher or even within the game.:unsure:

--> Formula Classic (1988) and Retro don`t require clutching on upshifts, just throttle liffting. You still need to clutch (H&T preferably) on downshifts

Wow I had no idea about this... :confused:
I guess I'm asking way too much, but it would be interesting if there was some kind of
mini-tutorials or just some tips in-game about this. :D

Good idea, Ouvert, to open such a topic ...:thumbsup: as sometimes, even with searching, the questions and the answers are difficult to find.

New to AMS for a few days ( 3 maybe :whistling: ) ... I already modified Hud using the DynHUD Editor, got it displayed in game, just with a little surprise in race:
- Practices ans Qualify ... everything's fine
- Race ... return to the original DynHUD ... and I tried twice or 3 times to control it in case of exceptional bug.

I really don't understand why it works for 2 different kinds of sessions and not ... in race.
Did I miss something in the editor ?
Thanks in advance to anybody who'd know a good answer ;)

Ok, I found the anwer reading once again the DynHUD Readme.
Easy when remembering what's written at the very beginning of this readme :laugh:
"So if you want one single configuration for everything, simply delete all overlay_*.ini files and just leave the overlay.ini."

Let's say I answered my question for those who, like I did, read everything except what is sometimes needed. ;)

Or just load the race config and edit it as you wish. It can be helpful to have one HUD for practice and different for race conditions.

There is one config (overlay) for practices, another for race, another for viewing from tv cameras. And soon (if not already) you can create configs for when you are in the garage or watching the monitors. You can load and edit each one individually.

Thanks Pudu ... reminding me the forgotten and badly read part of the manual.
Confirming what I finally reread ( after giving me my own answer to my question :roflmao: )

Did someone not sing so long ago ?
and ( your ) wise men don't know how it feels
to be thick as a brick.

( I know my classics ... Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull ... Yes I'm still fan ! )

How we can be sometimes.?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding lap timing and the delta timing in practice for AMS

Fastest lap reference lap in practice:
In game when you are in practice, you go out the pits and do a few laps your delta times are in reference to your fastest lap set during the time you have been out on track.
This is fine and am quite happy with this.

My issue is that when you return to the pits, make setup changes and go back out again, the timing (from after your first lap out again) is now referenced to your new fastest lap of your second run out the pits (can be faster or slower than your previous first run lap). This is confusing when your new reference lap from your 2nd run is slower than your first run and your delta is showing that you are faster than the reference lap, but you may be slower than your best because the delta is referenced to a different lap than your actual fastest lap for the overall practice.

Is there a way to set it that your reference lap time is the fastest lap time for the overall practice session and not reset to the fastest for the run out of the pits?

Now using triples (multiview), I seem to have lost the rear and sideview mirrors. How do I bring them back, or is this an issue with triples, as they were fine with a single monitor? TIA.

Last edited:
Hey guys i have a question, how can i disable the real sitting position off? I want to be closer to the dashboard but it only goes to 100-+ :( I have a 34 inch 21:9 monitor
well sir, you need to go to you game folder .. gamedata/vehicles/car_you_wanna_edit find car_you_wanna_edit_cockpitinfo.ini there you have Eyepoint

for example StockV8_2015_cockpitinfo.ini:

Eyepoint=(0.391, 0.78, 0.44) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK)

adjust last value to lower or negative to fit your needs .. it will influence the starting possition from where you do you standard -100/+100 ingame seat adjustment and allows you to shift you seat closer to dash

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back